PDA

View Full Version : We Should Support Libya,, Well Maybe..

JJ_BPK
04-06-2011, 14:16
Todays Photos over at MP.net are a mixture of all the reasons why we need to be very careful in Libya.

The 1st post is a series of pics that kinda sets da tomb...

Topics Covered:

hAasH TEnt, the inside story
Expedient Black Ops Hi-Speed Trucks Rucket Lunchers.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?196398-Today-s-Photos-Wednesday-6th-April-2011

For your perusal,, A selection of digital art and an early sighting of the Easter Bunny..

Enjoy.. :D:D

Guy
04-06-2011, 15:39
The last picture don't seem right.......

Stay safe.

Pete
04-06-2011, 15:42

Stay safe.

I seem to recall seeing that last picture in a BBC story on the Ivory Coast. At least the protective mask.

Guy
04-06-2011, 15:51
I seem to recall seeing that last picture in a BBC story on the Ivory Coast. At least the protective mask.

Quote I found pertaining to the pic:

A soldier loyal to Alassane Ouattara wears an antique gas mask as he waits to deploy with other soldiers at a checkpoint at one of the principal entrances to Abidjan, Ivory Coast, Wednesday, April 6, 2011. Heavy arms fire rang out Wednesday near the home of the country's strongman who remained holed up in a subterranean bunker, as forces backing his rival assaulted the residence to try to force him out, diplomats and witnesses said.

Stay safe.

Richard
04-06-2011, 16:04
For your perusal,, A selection of digital art and an early sighting of the Easter Bunny...

I think the last pic was included as a joke based on the appearance given by the gas mask and not related to the Libyan situation.

Humor is always an iffy proposition...especially with an audience like this one. ;)

Richard :munchin

JJ_BPK
04-06-2011, 16:30
in a BBC story on the Ivory Coast.

The daily picture thread at MP.net is a collection of news from all over.

Post #1 was the Libyan Hash Tent
and the Ivory Coast Rabbit was further down at #10..

It was added for the tangential humor, as Richard so adroitly pointed out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0

I guess you had to be there.. :p

We Should Support Libya,, Well Maybe..

NOT

incarcerated
04-06-2011, 22:56
Yeah, they look like typical Obama voters. And now that I see what kind of freedom they are fighting for, I think it’s absolutely vital that we support these guys… After all, not to do so would be a betrayal of who Obama is… :rolleyes:

ZonieDiver
04-06-2011, 23:27
Africa is going to be VERY interesting! Good luck 10th Group!

Richard
04-07-2011, 05:44
Yeah, they look like typical Obama voters.

How so?

And now that I see what kind of freedom they are fighting for, I think it’s absolutely vital that we support these guys…After all, not to do so would be a betrayal of who Obama is…

What do you mean by 'who he is'?

Pete
04-07-2011, 05:57
How so?

Well he did single block check his census form with African American.

Best I know he's 50% white, 25% black and 25% Arab. Now that 25% Arab could be considered "white" by some but could be broken down into a real soup of race and ethnenticitys.

So just what is he? Then there is the political side.............

incarcerated
04-07-2011, 10:35
How so?

Nothing to do with the rebels’ ethnicity; I was referring to their behavior.
In Obama’s March 28th explanation of the need for our mission in Libya, he said

To brush aside America's responsibility as a leader and - more profoundly - our responsibilities to our fellow human beings under such circumstances would have been a betrayal of who we are.
I’m not sure that we need Obama to tell us who we are.

I apologize for the lack of clarity. When sarcasm or an allusion need explanation (as they do here), it isn’t very good posting.
Doing push-ups now.

Stras
04-07-2011, 15:27

Stay safe.

Its Greedo from Star Wars Episode IV... guess Han Solo didn't kill him after all..:rolleyes:

still waiting to see the pic from Liberia NEO circa 1995.

The guy running down the street holding an AK and wearing an Orange Lifepreserver. That was classic..:D

BKKMAN
04-07-2011, 15:36
As you ordered...the best part is he is hip firing AND has the weapon turned sideways gangsta' style...

EX-Gold Falcon
04-08-2011, 14:17
As you ordered...the best part is he is hip firing AND has the weapon turned sideways gangsta' style...
What I am having difficulty understanding is the lfe vest he is wearing.

Unless it's body armor in case his enemies are equipped with state of the art sillicon water ballons and the new Mk3 SuperSoaker 2000 with repeating pump action and the 2.5 gallon resevoir. Serious firepower.

T.

Masochist
04-08-2011, 18:08

Apparently they don't adhere to the "10% Rule" with regards to personnel operating equipment, especially the "Prone Warrior." :D

Big Brad O
04-08-2011, 19:11
Supporting the Libyan rebels sounds like a classic Sf mission to me.

I think it would be a good one given QDaffy's past and the situation looks like a little could go a long way on the ground.

Obama and his politics has nothing to do with my opinions of the mission or the good it could reap.

Brad

TrapLine
04-08-2011, 19:45

Those are classic. I was just in a staffing meeting today discussing the difficulty of finding suitable employees for our facilities in Liberia. I wish I could have offered this slideshow as a visual.