PDA

View Full Version : toys

Mr Furious
04-01-2011, 17:16
WTF?! Alright, which one of you is their technical advisor?! ‘Fess up!!

http://www.redplanettoys.com/rpt_gallery.html

kgoerz
04-01-2011, 17:45
Those are awsome. But $200. With a little work you can turn a reasonably priced action figure into one that looks like that. It's called weathering in the Model world.

cszakolczai
04-01-2011, 23:34
Those are awsome. But $200. With a little work you can turn a reasonably priced action figure into one that looks like that. It's called weathering in the Model world.

I agree but, the one thing which separates these from regular "plastic" models is the gear. Even buying the stupid little backpacks, slings or whatever, cost mucho dinero. I totaled up all the pieces and it came out to roughly 150 for what I wanted to do, so I ended up just making my own from scratch. Took a lot longer, but it turned out alright and it was cheap :) . Just some good ole clay paint and plastic. Sorry for the crappy picture.

I'm not sure if the website which was linked is the one I am thinking of, but a friend down at Benning supposedly knows of a guy who gets hired to build scale replica's of guys in uniform. He sculpts the head and then throws all the gear on as well just like this. From what I hear he turns a nice profit but does really nice work.

35NCO
04-02-2011, 00:42
Alot of money for toys. Still cool looking though, maybe good for the desk or office bookshelf someday. The MACV-SOG guy looks alot like Clint Eastwood.

greenberetTFS
04-02-2011, 05:44
To bad they didn't have "SF Team Sgt",it be worth pitching in and getting one for TS's graduation from Chef School............... ;)

Big Teddy :munchin

kgoerz
04-02-2011, 05:46
Kit for the 12" figures is almost as expensive as the real thing. A tricked out M4 rifle will cost you about $45

cszakolczai
04-02-2011, 07:55
Or you guys could just go cheap. Get a 12" figure throw him in a chef uniform sew a group flash onto the front of his chefs hat and give him a Green Beret knife instead of a chef knife. :) for TS that is.

longrange1947
04-02-2011, 08:03
Prices have gone wild, my SF Sniper and SF door kicker only cost me about 45.00 6 years ago. The mags comeout, the slides work, the scope covers pop open, the grenades, well the pins could get lost, what happened to the prices????? :D

The SF HALO guy was the real expensive one and he was only 85.00! :munchin

ES 96
04-27-2011, 07:43
Reading this thread... I'm reminded of this scene from Spaceballs:

Helmet - playing with your dolls again? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMxTFqPET5I)

I'm sure that doesn't apply here.....right? :rolleyes: