PDA

View Full Version : Life as a SF soldier

Blind Eye
03-31-2011, 00:18
I have searched and have found so much good information, most of it from Professional Soldiers. I have found plenty of detailed information on what I should expect at SFAS, the Q course and detailed experiences in operational "scenarios".

But I haven't really found much information on the life of a SF soldier. I want to know what takes place during deployments, or while your at your HQ in the states.

I'm in the process of trying to find a mentor. To help answer such questions and many others.
The local recruiter, though trying to be accommodating he had very little information on basic questions that he should have been able to answers. Through my readings of Get Selected, Chosen Soldier and internet posts I actually seemed to know more about the 18x than he did.

Any information would be appreciated.

Surgicalcric
03-31-2011, 01:07
If you searched and havent found anything here its because your search parameters were too narrow. You could always just start thumbing thru threads and reading them as you go along... You may find answers to questions you didnt know you have that way.

SF life has been discussed many time since this BBS came online in 2004.

Best of luck.

Crip

Dozer523
03-31-2011, 07:13
information on the life of a SF soldier. We get laid . . . A LOT.

Richard
03-31-2011, 07:24
We get laid . . . A LOT.

More accurately...we get f***ed a lot...and even get laid on occasion. ;) :D

Oh...and what Crip said.

Richard :munchin

blue02hd
03-31-2011, 09:26
We get laid . . . A LOT.
,,,by hot chicks. Ok, mostly by hot chicks,,,

"Go ugly early if in a survival situation of course,,,,"

lksteve
03-31-2011, 09:33
"Go ugly early if in a survival situation of course,,,,""All the ugly girls go home before closing time..."

The Reaper
03-31-2011, 09:39
The Search button is your friend.

And reread "A Message to Garcia" before posting again.

TR

Team Sergeant
03-31-2011, 10:48
I have searched and have found so much good information, most of it from Professional Soldiers. I have found plenty of detailed information on what I should expect at SFAS, the Q course and detailed experiences in operational "scenarios".

But I haven't really found much information on the life of a SF soldier. I want to know what takes place during deployments, or while your at your HQ in the states.

I'm in the process of trying to find a mentor. To help answer such questions and many others.
The local recruiter, though trying to be accommodating he had very little information on basic questions that he should have been able to answers. Through my readings of Get Selected, Chosen Soldier and internet posts I actually seemed to know more about the 18x than he did.

Consider Professionalsoldiers.com your "virtual" mentor and read. Read everything on this website and you will become an expert on SF life. There's also "books" that have been written about us, lots of books, go and read them also. If you have a specific question use the search button. Every time someone on here asks a question without using the search button a kitten dies. Keep that in mind. (We think it's "The Reaper")
And never listen to Dozer523, he's an asshole.:D
Team Sergeant

Dozer523
03-31-2011, 11:44
And never listen to Dozer523, Team Sergeant:eek: The price I pay for almost always being right.
Except for that one time June 1988 or 89 . . . I said I might be wrong.

Defion69
03-31-2011, 12:20
Whatever happened to the "Nike" mentality of "Just do it!" :lifter

Stras
03-31-2011, 13:02

The unofficial reason why the Beret is Green. We are extremely flexible and can adapt to any and all situations we are literally thrown into in about 40 min or less. This could be as a member of a team or as a singleton.

I'll let you do the research and figure out what else is Green and flexible..

Scimitar
03-31-2011, 13:11
Every time someone on here asks a question without using the search button a kitten dies.

Do you mean like this TS?

Richard
03-31-2011, 13:28
I also hear they use this to distract PETA from looking for the goat lab. :D

Never heard of it. We do have a Med Lab, though.

Richard :munchin

greenberetTFS
03-31-2011, 13:41
,,,by hot chicks. Ok, mostly by hot chicks,,,

"Go ugly early if in a survival situation of course,,,,"

No such thing as an ugly chick...:rolleyes: When they're pretty and beautiful (hot) they're "real good", and if they're ugly they're well "still good"... :D;)

Big Teddy :munchin

scooter
03-31-2011, 22:36

This?

x SF med
04-02-2011, 11:44

ROFLMAO... Leee-al. (the last part will only be funny to those who went through pre-phase in the 83-84 timeframe.)

Old Dog New Trick
04-02-2011, 22:58
Having spent many years before SF as a regular Infantry grunt. I'd say the difference in Army lifestyle is getting to do more of what you want to be doing instead of what someone else is telling you to be doing.

Hey, Sgt, no gore-tex in the PX, :mad: - yeah, OK thanks I left my poncho in the bottom of my ruck. :rolleyes:

There is a reason people say "Think outside the box." The Army's box is about one-meter-square and already filled to the max with stupid. Once you are in SF there is whole 'nother world of experience to search; until you trip over that box once in a while - with unauthorized boots. :D

Blueboy
04-03-2011, 01:18
Having spent many years before SF as a regular Infantry grunt. I'd say the difference in Army lifestyle is getting to do more of what you want to be doing instead of what someone else is telling you to be doing.

Hey, Sgt, no gore-tex in the PX, :mad: - yeah, OK thanks I left my poncho in the bottom of my ruck. :rolleyes:

There is a reason people say "Think outside the box." The Army's box is about one-meter-square and already filled to the max with stupid. Once you are in SF there is whole 'nother world of experience to search; until you trip over that box once in a while - with unauthorized boots. :D

The ACU is clear evidence of that.