PDA

View Full Version : Stop Loss pay

kgoerz
03-06-2011, 12:58
Anyone ever collect on this. I put in for the retroactive stop loss pay six months ago. Never heard anything back. Today I get an email with my case number and temporary password to log in. Tried to log into the site but it's down

kgoerz
03-06-2011, 13:00
Problem with me submitting and I'm sure others. We never got stop loss orders. We were just all told everyone has to do an extra year. Thus most of us retiring at 21 years.

18C4V
03-06-2011, 13:23
Yes,
I collected on that along with my sr echo. Both of us were stop lossed, me for 4months and for him longer. I think I collected about 2 grand and he got more. After I logged on with the password and completed the on line paperwork, it took about a month or two before I got a payment. There was no LES, just a bank deposit notification.

kgoerz
03-06-2011, 13:39
Ill have check my case when the web sight is back up. It's a payment of six grand for one year of stop loss.

kgoerz
03-06-2011, 15:16
I cant the link they sent me to work. Someone give it a try.

https://www.stoplosspay.army.mil/Notes.aspx

alelks
03-06-2011, 15:31
It's working for me but with some hoops to jump through. Their security certificates have expired. The first thing that popped up for me was a warning. I just went through the process of telling it I REALLY wanted to to to the link and then it let me approve the outdated certificate. If it's not working in IE try Firefox as that's what I used to go to it.

Hope this helps.

kgoerz
03-06-2011, 15:41
I get the security warning. I hit continue to web sight anyway. Then I get a no connectivity page.

RTK
03-06-2011, 15:44
If you're using internet explorer hit Tools, Internet Options, and the Advanced tab.

Scroll down and make sure SSL 3.0 is checked. I had the same thing happen to me with AKO. Once I checked SSL 3.0 it worked.

Hope that works.

kgoerz
03-06-2011, 15:59
still no luck

69harley
03-07-2011, 08:48
I collected. Didn't think I would as I did not have stop loss orders either.

My situation was I had an approved retirement date and six months later I was hit with Stop Loss. No orders or letter was issued. When Stop Loss was lifted I received a letter stating such.

Submitting my packet was pretty easy. Once you are in the SL website, they provide a link to HRC, most of the required docs were there. I had to scan my appointment sheet that showed the old dates and the new dates, and I think one other supporting doc. Payment took a little over a month from submitting to receiving a check i the mail.

kgoerz
03-07-2011, 16:08
I got it to work on my work computer. Thats what I sent in also. My paperwork showing I did 21 years not 20.

Snaquebite
04-20-2011, 11:11
http://www.defense.gov/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=14422

The deadline for eligible service members, veterans and their beneficiaries to apply for Retroactive Stop Loss Special Pay (RSLSP) has been extended to Oct. 21, 2011, allowing those eligible more time to apply for the benefits they’ve earned under the program guidelines.

greenberetTFS
04-20-2011, 11:23
I cant the link they sent me to work. Someone give it a try.

https://www.stoplosspay.army.mil/Notes.aspx

I tried and had no problem getting in.........:)

Big Teddy :munchin