PDA

View Full Version : Asthma

Mrpresident
03-06-2011, 09:20
I had mild asthma when I was very young and now being 15 I have not seen any symptoms of it occur for a very long time, So here comes to big question, Can I join the military with asthma? If so can I join SF?
Note: I haven't needed to use my inhaler for years either for any sort of allergic or exercise induced asthma

Please help

Dusty
03-06-2011, 09:26
Can you read?

Mrpresident
03-06-2011, 09:47
Asthma (493), including reactive airway disease, exercise-induced bronchospasm or asthmatic bronchitis, reliably
diagnosed and symptomatic after the 13th birthday, does not meet the standard. Reliable diagnostic criteria may include
any of the following elements: substantiated history of cough, wheeze, chest tightness, and/or dyspnea that persists or
recurs over a prolonged period of time, generally more than 12 months

So in plain English it states that ANY symptoms of Asthma after my 13th birthday DQ me?
EDIT: Also could say mild coughing from some bad colds be considered Asthma related symptoms

Dusty
03-06-2011, 09:54
Asthma (493), including reactive airway disease, exercise-induced bronchospasm or asthmatic bronchitis, reliably
diagnosed and symptomatic after the 13th birthday, does not meet the standard. Reliable diagnostic criteria may include
any of the following elements: substantiated history of cough, wheeze, chest tightness, and/or dyspnea that persists or
recurs over a prolonged period of time, generally more than 12 months

So in plain English it states that ANY symptoms of Asthma after my 13th birthday DQ me?
EDIT: Also could say mild coughing from some bad colds be considered Asthma related symptoms

You read the stickies, right? Did you complete your profile?

Dusty
03-06-2011, 10:07
I see you completed your profile. You're doing better.

Now, don't expect us to do your research for you. Go see a recruiter. They prolly won't kick you out of the office for asking for a packet.

If you want to be SF, don't take the easy way out. Do your own work.

The Reaper
03-06-2011, 10:13
What does board rule number 10 say? There is a reason for that.

You are barely 16, too young to enlist.

Enjoy being a kid, having a driver's license, a girlfriend, etc.

You can worry about SF after you finish high school.

And new board members need to stop starting new threads. This topic has already been discussed, and guidance/advice issued.

TR

Snaquebite
03-06-2011, 10:14
I had mild asthma when I was very young and now being 15......

Focus on completing school and you have a few years. If you want to stay around here and read, then do so. I would refrain from posting for quite some time.

10. Individuals under the age of 17 are not encouraged to post. Individuals under the age of 14 are not permitted to register.

Raine_n_Roses
03-06-2011, 10:23
We had alot of Soldiers chapter out during BCT b/c they lied about having it has a child. When that first run came up and that DS went combat speed they all started dropping like flies.

Like Mr. Dusty said you need to find this out for yourself not b/c it is a simple question you can ask a recruiter, but b/c everyone is different. This is'nt a question anyone here can answer, this question is on you.

The Reaper
03-06-2011, 10:25
We had alot of Soldiers chapter out during BCT b/c they lied about having it has a child. When that first run came up and that DS went combat speed they all started dropping like flies.

Like Mr. Dusty said you need to find this out for yourself not b/c it is a simple question you can ask a recruiter, but b/c everyone is different. This is'nt a question anyone here can answer, this question is on you.

What does the sticky from TS at the top of this forum say?

Do not post again till you have read and replied.

TR