PDA

View Full Version : NC Deer Problem

Roguish Lawyer
03-02-2011, 12:30
http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20110301/ARTICLES/110309959/1155?Title=Deer-still-a-problem-despite-population-decline

Get to work boys

mark46th
03-02-2011, 15:13
I'd rather go after the pigs.

Pete
03-02-2011, 15:36
Judging from the Pieces Parts on the sides of the roads around here I'd say deer are in no danger of going extinct anytime soon.

Good number of deer down along the Cape Fear River along the River Trail. Get walking right around sun up/down and your chances are good to see some. Last time Short Round and I went we saw three.

The problem is a number of them come up into the subdivisions along Ramsey Street. The big dip on Country Club Drive between RoseHill and Ramsey see a couple of deer nailed by cars every year.

11Ber
03-02-2011, 16:17
I have about 100 hours of field time this past season that says the NTA's around Bragg are free and clear of any deer problem. I saw a total of less than 10 deer in NC all season. Not that they ain't there but I sure as heck couldn't find them. Now go to MD if you want to see a deer problem.

mark46th
03-02-2011, 17:49
My aunt and uncle lived in the Leisure World in Walnut Creek, East of San Francisco. There were so many deer, they had to put nets over the landscaping to keep the plants from being eaten. I had an 8 point(that's 16 points to you whitetail dudes) stroll onto the green at the 16th hole while I was trying to putt.
God help you if you suggested shooting them...

The Reaper
03-02-2011, 19:01
My aunt and uncle lived in the Leisure World in Walnut Creek, East of San Francisco. There were so many deer, they had to put nets over the landscaping to keep the plants from being eaten. I had an 8 point(that's 16 points to you whitetail dudes) stroll onto the green at the 16th hole while I was trying to putt.
God help you if you suggested shooting them...

What club would you suggest for that shot?

TR

lindy
03-02-2011, 19:14
I have about 100 hours of field time this past season that says the NTA's around Bragg are free and clear of any deer problem. I saw a total of less than 10 deer in NC all season. Not that they ain't there but I sure as heck couldn't find them. Now go to MD if you want to see a deer problem.

2nd that: unlimited does in my county as well as those that border WDC.

mark46th
03-03-2011, 09:41
What club would you suggest for that shot?

TR

Let's see-"Small town boy, outa nowhere. He's on his final hole. He's about 455 yards away, he's gonna hit about a 2 iron I think. It's in the hole!"

Combat Diver
03-03-2011, 10:39
I live in Brunswick Co and can't wait to get home and do some hunting this coming season. I hope to be out as much as possible. Last year I hunted (08), I saw more loose hunting dogs then deer however on the gamelands (Junitper Creek/Greenswamp, all swamp land). Need to get some private land to hunt on next.

CD

mark46th
03-03-2011, 15:42
It is truly amazing how many hunting dogs are named, "Kumbakudumsonuvabitch!"