PDA

View Full Version : choices

sfvtbss
02-23-2011, 12:29
Hello I need some help I have to choices I’m looking into joining the national guards special forces but California doesn’t seem to have the 18x program for non-prior. Colorado on the other hand does ( I wouldn’t mind moving out there) so should I stay in California wait my time and join sf old fashion way or move and throw my hat in the ring which would you guys recommend

Would it look better going threw selection if i did a few years in the conventional army?

ZonieDiver
02-23-2011, 13:29
I highly recommend utilizing the search button to its maximum extent prior to posting oft-asked questions. :mad:

And... you say you have searched thoroughly, in the two weeks you have been here, I'll have WetDog give you a test! :munchin

LongWire
02-24-2011, 00:32
Hello I need some help I have to choices I’m looking into joining the national guards special forces but California doesn’t seem to have the 18x program for non-prior. Colorado on the other hand does ( I wouldn’t mind moving out there) so should I stay in California wait my time and join sf old fashion way or move and throw my hat in the ring which would you guys recommend

Would it look better going threw selection if i did a few years in the conventional army?

You have no idea of what you are talking about. And I don't mean that you are full of BS, but literally you have no clue what you just asked. You have bad poop, and somebody is possibly pulling on your leg somewhere.

Use the search feature extensively. I would probably start with 18x.......But thats just me.

sfvtbss
02-24-2011, 11:32
I've been doing a lot more searching since I posted and all the posts I've found for California is either prior services or dated. . so I'm not sure exactly what you mean my poops bad. I'm guessing some of the information I have is wrong but not sure what part I will continue to keep searching. .

Dusty
02-24-2011, 11:52

Or somewhere...

Richard
02-24-2011, 12:12
I've been doing a lot more searching since I posted and all the posts I've found for California is either prior services or dated. . so I'm not sure exactly what you mean my poops bad. I'm guessing some of the information I have is wrong but not sure what part I will continue to keep searching. .

If you'll look at the list of threads under this forum, you'll notice the first two are a 'Sticky' with an SF Moderator listed - 18C4V. The stickies are titled:

19th Group POC and locations
Looking for volunteers to join 19th SFG in California

A reasonably intelligent seeker of information concerning the 19th SFGA and its units located in CA would assume that 18C4V is in the 19th SFGA and associated with the unit in CA, that a look at his Public Profile would confirm that supposition, and that asking his advice via PM would be both far more beneficial and far less embarrassing than posting a public 'shotgun blast' query.

In summary, you have received an initial NO-GO at this station.

Now, try again...and good luck.

Richard :munchin

sfvtbss
02-24-2011, 12:48
If you'll look at the list of threads under this forum, you'll notice the first two are a 'Sticky' with an SF Moderator listed - 18C4V. The stickies are titled:

19th Group POC and locations
Looking for volunteers to join 19th SFG in California

A reasonably intelligent seeker of information concerning the 19th SFGA and its units located in CA would assume that 18C4V is in the 19th SFGA and associated with the unit in CA, that a look at his Public Profile would confirm that supposition, and that asking his advice via PM would be both far more beneficial and far less embarrassing than posting a public 'shotgun blast' query.

In summary, you have received an initial NO-GO at this station.

Now, try again...and good luck.

Richard :munchin

I did read the stickies but since they were asking for e4-e7 and i am non prior service i don’t fit that bill also i called the Los Alamitos sf unit but they sent me to call the northern California sf recruiter and i was told that they were not taking non prior service(same thing my recruiter told me) i tried to cover all my bases before posting but missed a couple ie pm the mod for this section

head
02-24-2011, 15:28
Since it's no big deal to move and you want to join Special Forces in the shortest time, why not go active duty 18X and serve your time in an AD Group.

PS, you may want to proofread your posts and capitalize Special Forces next time.

sfvtbss
02-25-2011, 12:44
Since it's no big deal to move and you want to join Special Forces in the shortest time, why not go active duty 18X and serve your time in an AD Group.

PS, you may want to proofread your posts and capitalize Special Forces next time.

I talked about it with my girlfriend she wouldn't move just anywhere or let me take my daughter but she would move to Colorado since I have some family out there she knows (she doesn't wanna stay alone)

The Reaper
02-25-2011, 12:54
I talked about it with my girlfriend she wouldn't move just anywhere or let me take my daughter but she would move to Colorado since I have some family out there she knows (she doesn't wanna stay alone)

Assuming that you made it to SF training (BIG assumption, less likely than not), and were at SFAS and SERE for a few weeks, and at SUT for a few months, and at Robin Sage for another month, and upon arrival at Group, made seven month deployments, with another month or two during your five months of CONUS time spent at school or PMT, what do you think she will do when she is stuck at Bragg, or Campbell, or Lewis, or Eglin, or Carson alone for that much time? Especially since she is not your wife.

TR

Raine_n_Roses
02-25-2011, 13:55
Only speaking from Active Duty experience (of course).

But if SF is what you want and you feel this is where you need to be in life. Then this is your decision. You dont move somewhere b/c "the girlfriend" says its okay. If she understands and knows that this is what you want then she should be moving with you regardless. Special Forces is a full time MOS, fulltime lifestyle. ( from reading threads and forums) You need to be in the mindset of go and non stop at all times. And if you are stopping now b/c of a a girlfriend and child. Then you need to reroute your choices to something else.

And that goes for anything military. Even if you are just infantryman on active duty, you will be in and out of field training. And not to mention the deployments. Iraq as slowed down, but Afghanistan has not. Stop ho humming and do what's right for you. In the long run it will be you kickcing your own ass for not doing what you want.

And you would not be able to take your daughter if you are on active duty. You can not join Active duty as a single parent. Escpecially, if you are going into Special Forces.

18C4V
03-01-2011, 22:16
Sounds like you got two choices then. Go to Colorado or stay in California.

I suggest you attend one of the SFRE's in either CA or CO to get a taste of what's to come and to talk to other candidates. After that you will probably get enough information to make an informed decision as to what you want to do.

sfvtbss
03-02-2011, 15:27
Sounds like you got two choices then. Go to Colorado or stay in California.

I suggest you attend one of the SFRE's in either CA or CO to get a taste of what's to come and to talk to other candidates. After that you will probably get enough information to make an informed decision as to what you want to do.

Sent you a PM