PDA

View Full Version : 500 yard range in DFW.

Ramirez
02-20-2011, 12:39
Don't know if this is the right area, if it's not please move it.

Top Gun Private Shooting Club
519 Private Road 462
Leonard, TX 75452
ph: 214.799.3357

I have no financial interest in this range. Just wanted to pass the info along.

I've been shooting out at this range a couple of times. It's nice to have a place to shoot out past 100 yards. They have a small area for prone shooters.

I went last Thursday and was the only person there (23mph winds). After showing the range officer I could hit the small targets at 2,3, and 400 yards I was allowed to shoot on the 500 yard range. I did this for the rest of the day!

Team Sergeant
02-20-2011, 16:02
You need a spotting scope.

Nice looking range!

Ramirez
02-20-2011, 17:42
You need a spotting scope.

Nice looking range!

Yes, yes I do. I had one, and it was put in the dishwasher by the lady that cleans the house. I have no idea why, but they are replacing it. They have 2 at the range you can use though. I think one is 18x and the other is 60X

You can hear your shots hit on the steel if you're shooting at it.

PSM
02-20-2011, 17:59
Yes, yes I do. I had one, and it was put in the dishwasher by the lady that cleans the house.

Now that's funny. Sad, but funny none the less. :D

Pat

mojaveman
02-20-2011, 20:01
Don't know if this is the right area, if it's not please move it.

Top Gun Private Shooting Club
519 Private Road 462
Leonard, TX 75452
ph: 214.799.3357

I have no financial interest in this range. Just wanted to pass the info along.

I've been shooting out at this range a couple of times. It's nice to have a place to shoot out past 100 yards. They have a small area for prone shooters.

I went last Thursday and was the only person there (23mph winds). After showing the range officer I could hit the small targets at 2,3, and 400 yards I was allowed to shoot on the 500 yard range. I did this for the rest of the day!

Nice pictures,

Is that a Bell & Carlson Medalist Tactical A2 stock you have attached to your Remington 700? My 10FP sits in one and I've been pretty happy with it.

Red Flag 1
02-20-2011, 20:07
Now that's funny. Sad, but funny none the less. :D

Pat
Cleaning ladies clean; the scope is clean ::(.

RF 1

QuietCro
02-20-2011, 20:37
Ramirez,
Thank you so much for passing this on; never knew it was there. I will be back home in March for a few weeks and have 200rds of match to shoot. If you need a student, let me know.

Ramirez
02-20-2011, 22:13
Nice pictures,

Is that a Bell & Carlson Medalist Tactical A2 stock you have attached to your Remington 700? My 10FP sits in one and I've been pretty happy with it.

Yes it is. So far I'm liking it very much. I love the whole system really!

Team Sergeant
02-21-2011, 09:21
Yes, yes I do. I had one, and it was put in the dishwasher by the lady that cleans the house. I have no idea why, but they are replacing it. They have 2 at the range you can use though. I think one is 18x and the other is 60X

You can hear your shots hit on the steel if you're shooting at it.

At three hundred meters I can pick left or right eye. What part of the steel plate are you hitting?:munchin

Ramirez
02-21-2011, 11:34
At three hundred meters I can pick left or right eye. What part of the steel plate are you hitting?:munchin

I'm still learning to judge wind, but the plate was only 8 inches. When I shot the wind was 23mph, coming from behind me and slightly to the right.So I held a lil left and it landed in the center, just a lil to the left. I just had to hit it once to show that I could. At 4 hundred yards I shot a 3 shot group at 2 inches. I was trying to see how fast I could shoot the targer 3 times in a row, not so much looking for groups on the steel. At 500 yards my groups were around 5 inches.

I enjoyed shooting in the heavy wind, as I'm lucky to have almost no wind most days that I'm shooting. I've never had any training on how to shoot, so I'm always up for learning more. If anyone is in the DFW area and hits that range let me know, as I'll tag along for some fun.

On a side note, the SMKs I bought from the gun show shot 1MOA lower than the SMKs I buy from CTD.