PDA

View Full Version : Planning of training

Bushranger
02-20-2011, 04:29
Hi guys,
I have some questions about planning of training in US SF, and military in general. How much in advance you guys have to plan to get the vehicles, ammo, ranges, weapons from the armory etc., if you want to go shooting, and in what manner you have to do it? Whatīs the procedure then, do you have to place an "observer" while the rest shoots, gate guards, raise red flag, honk the siren, or something like that? I am just curiuos how it goes elsewhere, thanks.

blue02hd
02-20-2011, 06:04
Completely depends on the requirements set forth by the installation that you are training on.

Bushranger
02-20-2011, 06:58
Completely depends on the requirements set forth by the installation that you are training on.

So every base has its own standarts for weapons withdraw, ammo, range and vehicle use planning? Could you please give me some example? I am mainly interested in HOW MUCH IN ADVANCE these requests have to be done/send/reported. Thanks much...

blue02hd
02-20-2011, 07:23
I am mainly interested in HOW MUCH IN ADVANCE these requests have to be done/send/reported. Thanks much...

Completely depends on the requirements of the installation you are training on.

Richard
02-20-2011, 07:46
Completely depends on the requirements of the installation you are training on.

Exactly. The 3 Shop used to be referred to as POT (Plans, Ops, Tng) and either held or had access to all the regs necessary for carrying out those functions - including applicable local (unit, post) addendums to the regs.

Has the Army changed so much that soldiers don't understand the staff numbering system and its functions? :confused:

Richard :munchin

Bushranger
02-20-2011, 08:32
never mind

Surgicalcric
02-20-2011, 08:48
It isnt that you irritated anyone.

It is that there isnt AN answer to your question other than the one you were given already, twice.

Dusty
02-20-2011, 09:04
It isnt that you irritated anyone.

That eventuality does exist.

blue02hd
02-20-2011, 10:13
Thanks Richard, but I am not US Army, so I have no idea about three shops or reg addendums. If I irritated somebody with this thread, please just ignore it.

Friend,

I'm not irritated at all, I just don't know a better way to answer. :D

Richard
02-20-2011, 10:34
Thanks Richard, but I am not US Army, so I have no idea about three shops or reg addendums. If I irritated somebody with this thread, please just ignore it.

Your profile stated active duty soldier and indicated a European background so I assumed you understood the Continental Staff System which we and the free world have used throughout my lifetime.

http://english.turkcebilgi.com/General+Staff

Bushranger
02-20-2011, 11:35
Your profile stated active duty soldier and indicated a European background so I assumed you understood the Continental Staff System which we and the free world have used throughout my lifetime.

http://english.turkcebilgi.com/General+Staff

PMīd whole trouble to Richard, thanks all

Richard
02-20-2011, 11:37
Sounds as if you've got your work cut out for you. Good luck.

18C4V
02-20-2011, 11:43
Our system is extremely inflexible and rigid in case of range planning and use, and I hoped to find something better. No problem at all, I can ask somebody directly later. No anger intended, and thanks everybody;).

Sounds like your system is like ours!!!!:D seriously our system is just as bad except down range.

Bushranger
02-20-2011, 12:08
Sounds like your system is like ours!!!!:D seriously our system is just as bad except down range.

Thanks buddy, I donīt know if I should be glad or sad to hear that:D.

longrange1947
02-20-2011, 18:17
Bushranger, it is not as hard as tehy are making it out to be. I have reaquested and received ranges the day before training and even teh day of training. It requires only a good plan, a good reason, and a valid requirement. That is for fort Bragg, but I have talked with Fort Campball and found the same to be true. If you are asking for training areas, or ranges on shrot notice without a solid training plan or reason for short notice then the answer will be no.

PM sent.

1stindoor
02-22-2011, 09:13
Although late getting to this party let me add my .02 cents. Another TTP that has worked since Christ was a Corporal ( I think Richard was his 1SG :eek:)...is have your Range/Ammo/ Training (whoever) get a copy of the range bulletin from range control. Find out who's using what range when...make contact and try to co-use. This is especially useful for short notice or opportunity training. It also gives the other element a chance to incorporate their entire element into their training while you pull support and vice versa.

Buffalobob
02-22-2011, 15:45
Here is an example of an email I received today from Quantico shooting club at Quantico Us Marine Base.

If snow disrupts troop training and the troops need to have the range in order to finish their training everything else takes second place. Priority #1 displaces all other activities.

We have been informed by WTBn that Ranges 2, 3, 4 and Requal Pistol will be off the plate on the following dates:
26-27 Feb

Dozer523
02-22-2011, 21:02
I have reaquested and received ranges the day before training and even teh day of training. Absolutely true. at least with my experience when 5th moved to Campbell.
As long as the "day" was Saturday or Sunday. But, it WAS fun.

Bushranger
02-23-2011, 12:18
Absolutely true. at least with my experience when 5th moved to Campbell.
As long as the "day" was Saturday or Sunday. But, it WAS fun.

Well guys, I am a bit envious... better to say a lot.

1stindoor
02-24-2011, 11:25
Well guys, I am a bit envious... better to say a lot. If I do not request ammo and vehicle two weeks in advance, me and my team are not going anywhere (even if car and range should remain unused). No paper-pusher is going to drink his coffee faster for us:rolleyes:.

That's when you get one of your team guys to "help him out"...because you know how busy he is and offer to run the "paperwork" down for him.

Bushranger
02-24-2011, 11:45
thanks for an opinion

Peregrino
02-24-2011, 13:34
No... itīs the rule, two weeks in advance, every time, every unit here. Even if the whole team would push papers, itīs not gonna happen faster. It would break the world order.

Ahhh - You guys have a Union too! :p

Richard
02-24-2011, 13:53
Ahhh - You guys have a Union too! :p

It's called the 'European Union'. :D