PDA

View Full Version : Blade Show AND Tactical Gear Expo

Bill Harsey
02-17-2011, 09:52
Blade show in Atlanta this year will also have the Tactical Gear Expo in the same part of the Cobb Galleria convention center.
This is happening 10-12 June 2011.

From what I've read, a ticket into one gets you into the other.

I don't have any knowledge of what the Tactical Gear Expo is but looks like we will find out.

Peregrino
02-17-2011, 10:53
Blade show in Atlanta this year will also have the Tactical Gear Expo in the same part of the Cobb Galleria convention center.

I don't have any knowledge of what the Tactical Gear Expo is but looks like we will find out.

Yes we will! :D

mcarey
02-18-2011, 08:11
I have heard it (tactical gear side) will be take up another half again the size of Blade. They will have flashlights, nylon, boot, equipment and armor.

DDD
02-18-2011, 08:51
I have heard it (tactical gear side) will be take up another half again the size of Blade. They will have flashlights, nylon, boot, equipment and armor.

Pens?:D:D:D

x SF med
02-18-2011, 09:38

Well, there will probably be a good supply of Quick-Clot, tourniquets and bandages on hand for you....:eek::D:rolleyes: Please don't crush me.

Ken Brock
02-20-2011, 23:04
so Mr. Harsey, does that mean you will be buying the beer this year?

:cool:

x SF med
02-21-2011, 09:08

... Ken how many stories do you have that begin... "Well there was this time at SHOT/BLADE, when Harsey was buying...."? Huh? How many?:p

Delusional knifemakers from South Carolina... :rolleyes:

Kit Carson
02-21-2011, 21:07
And I'm sitting here thinking......Can't remember a time Bill bought me a beer.....fucking sad..:D

Ken, I'll buy you and x SF Med a beer...hell, I'll buy you a bottle of tequila.:)

Ambush Master
02-21-2011, 22:35

I second THAT!!:D

Later
Martin

x SF med
02-22-2011, 09:57
... Ken how many stories do you have that begin... "Well there was this time at SHOT/BLADE, when Harsey was buying...."? Huh? How many?:p

I second THAT!!:D

Later
Martin

Martin, I KNOW you are delusional.... and psychotic... and can drink me under the table in less than 5 minutes.

I buy Harsey beer for the knife discounts.... doesn't work out well for me, but one of these days he'll break down... since there are no discounts, I'm now wondering why I buy him beer... :D

Ken Brock
02-24-2011, 15:56

you have a point sir, I may have been intoxicated when I made that earlier post

:D

DDD
02-24-2011, 16:04

I seem to remember you sharing a nip or two with Mr Carson a couple years back:D:D

Ken Brock
02-24-2011, 16:08
I seem to remember you sharing a nip or two with Mr Carson a couple years back:D:D

a nip or two?

how about a nip or two dozen?

;)

98G
02-24-2011, 16:08

Ken, I'll buy one round for all of you in SC's good name since I also work in Greer. Team Sergeant tells me we need to meet up. I have a personal message for you from him.

DDD
02-24-2011, 16:13
a nip or two?

how about a nip or two dozen?

;)

Hey, I'm trying to be discrete....Besides I'm trying to stay on your good side so I can get that folder:D Can I get cross thread AND forum points.:p

Kit Carson
02-24-2011, 20:04
By my fine standards, it was just a nip or two...;)

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Atlanta.

PiterM
02-25-2011, 07:26
Well... this year I won't be there my friends. My son is about to be delivered (in April most probably) and I can't leave my wife at home alone with this small guy. So... no Blade'11 for me. But the reason is quite awesome, isn't it? :)

x SF med
02-25-2011, 09:02
Well... this year I won't be there my friends. My son is about to be delivered (in April most probably) and I can't leave my wife at home alone with this small guy. So... no Blade'11 for me. But the reason is quite awesome, isn't it? :)

Huge congratulations to you Piter, and the fine new addition to your knife collection!:eek:

mcarey
02-25-2011, 15:04

Piter, Congrats on the new son. Hope to see you at Shot or Blade next year. Mark

PiterM
02-25-2011, 16:04
Why next year? September in Vegas ;)

Ken Brock
02-25-2011, 22:30
Piter, Congrats on the new son. Hope to see you at Shot or Blade next year. Mark

maybe this year I'll be able to afford one of those fine Spartan blades

especially if Bill buys the drinks

:p

Ambush Master
02-25-2011, 22:47

Sorry to hear that we won't see'ya, but you have a VERY applaudable reason!!

Take care, and Best to You and Family.

Martin

mcarey
02-28-2011, 07:30

:p I am sure we can work out a trade!

DDD
02-28-2011, 20:14

:p

You square me away on the Brock/George folder and I'll talk sweetly to Mark for ya:D:D

Ken Brock
03-04-2011, 23:15
You square me away on the Brock/George folder and I'll talk sweetly to Mark for ya:D:D

you might be on the short list to get one..............

or was that "short bus?"

Mark, look forward to seeing you again at Blade my friend

Les George
03-12-2011, 01:22
haha, short bus.... :munchin

Ken Brock
03-12-2011, 08:38
haha, short bus.... :munchin

hey Les, wasn't the folder we had set aside for DDD the one that the mill "slipped" on?

DDD
03-12-2011, 09:28
You guys are mean:p And here I am trying to stay nice and respectful :rolleyes:

Les George
03-12-2011, 11:00
hey Les, wasn't the folder we had set aside for DDD the one that the mill "slipped" on?

You mean when it "slipped" and engraved my face on it?

You guys are mean:p And here I am trying to stay nice and respectful :rolleyes:

That aught to learn you! :cool:

As for the original topic, I am very much looking forward to Blade show. I may have some new stuff for the show. (daggers?)

Ken Brock
03-25-2011, 20:30
I am sure we can work out a trade!

that is a definite my friend!

Les, you think we should make DDD wait till Blade to get his "special" folder?

:munchin

MtnGoat
03-25-2011, 20:55

If I'm around I will make the drive.

Carpool anyone?? Gas will be $5.00 a Gallon by then :D

steve912
05-23-2011, 23:34
Would love to see the different blades offered, I wish there was one down here in jacksonville. Hope there is a good turn out.

Ken Brock
05-24-2011, 20:58
well, since we are talking about Blade..............

here's a few that I will be bringing to Blade

MtnGoat
05-24-2011, 21:21

Ken

Once again great set of tools you make.

x SF med
05-25-2011, 18:21

Hey Ken - send a couple my way for 'testing' please... I promise to try to break them properly... trees, cars, boats, ropes...

Ken Brock
05-28-2011, 20:52
Just to torture DDD.........................

the handles have to be tumbled, the blade surface ground

but we (Les George and I) will have at least two at the show

but DDD ain't getting one of them

Just to give a little background on the folder. Les and I designed it, then Les cut out the parts. I hand textured the g10 slabs and ground the blades

Les will tumble them and assemble

mangler
05-28-2011, 21:41

Just to give a little background on the folder. Les and I designed it, then Les cut out the parts. I hand textured the g10 slabs and ground the blades

That is a work of art! What would one have to do to get on the waiting list for one of those?

Ken Brock
05-28-2011, 21:56
That is a work of art! What would one have to do to get on the waiting list for one of those?

all 10 of these are basically sold already, but I'm gonna do some more of a very similar design in the near future

mangler
05-28-2011, 22:11
all 10 of these are basically sold already, but I'm gonna do some more of a very similar design in the near future

Damn, well add my name to the list for the next batch. PM inbound.

DDD
06-01-2011, 11:55

Take a couple days off and everybody talks about you.:rolleyes:

DJ Urbanovsky
06-02-2011, 10:05
Man, I wish I were going this year. You guys have fun and be safe!

Kit Carson
06-02-2011, 20:08
For any of you that are driving thru/from Nashville on I-24 East to Chattanooga...Bonnaroo concert starts on Thursday. 20-30 miles east and west of Manchester, TN turns into a slow moving parking lot...

Here is some info from Tn DOT..

http://news.tn.gov/node/5310

There is a detour map in pdf form at the bottom

I'm not making the show this year...3rd miss since 1987. :(

Ken Brock
06-02-2011, 20:24
I'm not making the show this year...3rd miss since 1987. :(

who's gonna help me drink all the rum? :confused:

Les George
06-04-2011, 16:13
All that I got to do to these now is send them back to Ken for his makers mark. I had to improvise for the glamor shots.... :munchin

Ken Brock
06-04-2011, 17:16
Sharpie looks cool though................................

swatsurgeon
06-04-2011, 17:18
can I get #18....please!!!!
thanks

swatsurgeon
06-12-2011, 15:41
Blade 2011 comes to a close today....haven's seen any reports from the show by any of our members.

We're waiting........patiently.........expectantly...... ..for words and pictures.

ss

DDD
06-12-2011, 20:08
Bill lost his voice, everyone got drunk in the pit. Spartan sold almost all their knives. The Les George/Ken Brock (or Pocket Badger) was a hit. That's all I got....

The people who know how to report on the action are all going fishing so don't expect to hear anything for a few days.

x SF med
06-14-2011, 08:49
All that I got to do to these now is send them back to Ken for his makers mark. I had to improvise for the glamor shots.... :munchin

Ken would have used a magenta crayon....:D form the Crayola 64 color box with sharpener he gets for Christmas every year.

Therefore this picture was faked.... I will have to confiscate those knives as evidence in this highly dubious internet con game....

James Clifton
06-14-2011, 15:38
Great guy
Met Bill,what a FIRST CLASS gentleman! He must have put a number of you drinkers...under the table at the PIT! He was clear eyed,walking,laughing & talking...
HE...was feeling no after shocks!!
It was an pleasure to meet him!
Jim

Les George
06-23-2011, 16:50
Ken would have used a magenta crayon....:D form the Crayola 64 color box with sharpener he gets for Christmas every year.

Therefore this picture was faked.... I will have to confiscate those knives as evidence in this highly dubious internet con game....

Yes he would have, but I use sharpie for everything so it's legit! :p:D