PDA

View Full Version : CO-NG for 5/19 SFG

Ghosting
02-16-2011, 16:20
Hello,

I spoke with a recruiter in the Colorado ARNG about obtaining an REP 63. He told me that that program was discontinued for non-prior's in fall of 2010.

However, he told me if Special Forces was the way I wanted to go, he would have the SF Admin contact me for an over the phone interview and if he felt that I had potential he would contact my recruiter and my recruiter would put the information in my file that after graduating OSUT, I would come back to Colorado for reception, and then be assigned to the 5/19th to train with them until deemed worthy or unworthy to attend SFAS.

Now my question: Is this even possible? Or am I being tricked into joining the ARNG Infantry with little chance of being assigned to the 5/19th? He said it would be written into my file and not just a verbal promise.

I also asked him at what point would I have to take the DLAB and he said that I would have to learn a foreign language if I made it to the Q course, but I wouldn't ever have to take the DLAB. He said everybody he's met or heard of in the 19th SFG has never had to take it either. Is this legit? It seems like he's telling me that so I will join and then have to take it before going to 5/19th for training and my future would be dependent upon me successfully passing the DLAB.

Thank you for you time,

Ryan

exsquid
02-16-2011, 23:43
Go see another recruiter.

x/S

Leozinho
02-17-2011, 07:58
Go see another recruiter.

x/S

I agree. I'd also add that you should contact 5/19th (or better, the company you are interested in) directly. They will give you the best info, and may be able to direct you to a recruiter they often work with who knows the process.

Surgicalcric
02-17-2011, 10:01
Ghosting:

You are getting bad info.

I just had a conversation with 2 guys from Bco 5/19th who were REP-63's as well as recent grads from the course and they both stated the program is alive and well.

The POC for Bco can be found as a sticky here on the 19th Grp page. Call and talk to the guys there. They can point you to a recruiter who knows what he/she is talking about.

If that fails send me a PM.

Crip

Saluki
02-17-2011, 11:32
A very helpful and knowledgeable recruiter here in the Springs assisted me through the process and into the 5/19.

I can post his info if I get an "ok" from a QP.

....going to PT.

18C4V
02-17-2011, 11:47
A very helpful and knowledgeable recruiter here in the Springs assisted me through the process and into the 5/19.

I can post his info if I get an "ok" from a QP.

....going to PT.

Go ahead and post it.

wet dog
02-17-2011, 14:00
Go to the top, PM me for contact info, I'll put in touch with the Colorado State Recruiting SGM. If this is what you want, we'll give you the opportunity.

Wet Dog

Ghosting
02-17-2011, 14:25
Go to the top, PM me for contact info, I'll put in touch with the Colorado State Recruiting SGM. If this is what you want, we'll give you the opportunity.

Wet Dog

Thank you gentlemen for your knowledgeable responses.

Wet Dog, I sent you a PM regarding what you've mentioned.

Again, thank you all.

The Reaper
02-17-2011, 14:29
Always go to the top with any issue.

It is the military way.

If that doesn't work out for you, I can get you the Colorado Adjutant General's number. I am sure that he can get you an answer.

TR

Saluki
02-17-2011, 16:22
Looks like Ghosting probably won't need this info anymore but, I got the go ahead and it's info that might be useful for others:

Sgt Campbell
(719) 596-7184 (office)
(719) 761-2973 (cell)

Jap1839
05-16-2011, 15:43

greenberetTFS
05-16-2011, 16:14
Jap1839,

Read the stickies before posting again.........:mad:

Big Teddy :munchin