PDA

View Full Version : Circus in Texas

Pete
02-16-2011, 09:19
Circus in Texas

John Wiley Price Tells Citizens To “Go To Hell”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/02/15/john-wiley-price-dallas-county-commissioners-go-to-hell/

It would appear to be a messy meeting with plenty of blame to spread around. I think it started started downhill when the one speaker pointed out the rule against using a commissioner's name and used Mullah to make his point.

"......As Turner spoke, he continued to call Price “Chief Mulllah.” Price interrupted Turner several times, yelling at him, “don’t call me Chief Mulllah” and “call me by my name.”..........."

Ah, Richard, what political party does Price belong to - it's not mentioned in the article?

Dusty
02-16-2011, 09:25
Ah, Richard, what political party does Price belong to - it's not mentioned in the article?

I see a trend developing...:D

Richard
02-16-2011, 09:39
JW Price is an olde schule civil rights activist personality and represents one of the poorest areas of South Dallas - the same area which gives its constituents the likes of Congresscritter Eddie Bernice Johnson.

FWIW - this is typical of our city council system here where everyone is equal and nobody, including the mayor, has any real power. It was designed during the LBJ era to attempt to correct long-standing issues in Dallas and allow REAL representation to a large group of tax paying citizens who had been severely disenfranchised for a century. It does force collaboration and has led to a stronger sense of fraternal cohesiveness within the greater Dallas business community with a focus on "gettin' 'er dun" in spite of the City Council.

OTOH, it also leads to regular entertainment of the type reported in the news article. Here in Dallas, nobody pays much attention when the circus comes to town because we've got our own on-going circus in our City Council.

As far as the news article goes, it's a local piece and everybody knows the players so the existant trend around here is that party affiliation is seldom mentioned unless it's someone new or outside the area. ;)

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin