PDA

View Full Version : Argentina Holds Confiscated U.S. Air Force Cargo

Pete
02-15-2011, 16:17
Argentina Holds Confiscated U.S. Air Force Cargo

On top of everything else going on now we have this...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703584804576144450144733380.html?K EYWORDS=argentina

"..............The only thing that hadn't been declared was the medication confiscated at the airport, said the official, who asked to remain anonymous because of the delicate nature of the issue.

The medication, including morphine, is part of a first aid kit belonging to an Army medic who participates in the training courses, the official said. The course uses real weapons and live-fire exercises, making it imperative to have medication available in an emergency, the official said................"

"...............The U.S. training team that arrived with the C-17 includes eight special forces officers from Fort Brag, North Carolina, and the medic. As the team is also an emergency response unit, it travels with whatever equipment it would need to respond on the fly, the State Department official said. ....."

Texas_Shooter
02-15-2011, 23:11
We go down there to help train there police force in rescuing hostages, to show them how to do something other then spraying and praying and this is how they treat us. America is a very patient country that is all I am going to say,

Richard
02-16-2011, 06:54
We go down there to help train there police force in rescuing hostages, to show them how to do something other then spraying and praying and this is how they treat us. America is a very patient country that is all I am going to say,

Customs regs are customs regs and the narcotics issue is greater today even than when my generation was active - but we always had to abide by the customs regs...unless we were given specific authorization to 'bypass' them.

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

Dozer523
02-16-2011, 07:00
When we (1/5th) went to Jordan in the Spring of 1989 we landed to refuel in Spain. They made us off load the mortar ammo. It's probably still there.

Texas_Shooter
02-16-2011, 12:19
Customs regs are customs regs and the narcotics issue is greater today even than when my generation was active - but we always had to abide by the customs regs...unless we were given specific authorization to 'bypass' them.

Very true

Pete
02-16-2011, 12:48
The medic with the M5 Bag.

All very true on the drugs issue.

When we travelled it was only a minor nut roll with paper work for controlled items - to include drugs.

But more than once standing on the Tarmac at O'dark thirty something that was not to be an issue became an issue - and the people that could resolve it were mostly at home and in bed.

A low level gorvernment employee is a low level government employee no matter where you go.

So I feel for the medic, he's signed for the drugs, some dweeb wants to take them and not sign for them - and he sees himself having to explain to another dweeb when he gets home as to why he ain't got the drugs, didn't use the drugs and ain't got no recipt for them.