PDA

View Full Version : career advice

bw1776
02-13-2011, 16:04
Hey guys. I just wanted to ask some advice from some guys that are a little older, wiser, and might have an opinion on what I should do (from a mentor perspective). I'm 23 years old, I've been a full-time firefighter for almost 5 years. I really love my job and would do it until I retire. Problem is I keep coming back to wanting to join the Army and try for SF. If I do, then I probably need to do it soon because I'm not getting any younger. It's hard to compare because I don't know the real day to day life of an SF soldier. If you guys have anything to say, I'd really appreciate it.

-Thanks

18C4V
02-13-2011, 16:40
Guard or Active? If you go Active, as long as you come back in 5 years, you can get your job back.

Guard, well there's a lot of info about that, just use the search button for that.

The Reaper
02-13-2011, 17:02
Hey guys. I just wanted to ask some advice from some guys that are a little older, wiser, and might have an opinion on what I should do (from a mentor perspective). I'm 23 years old, I've been a full-time firefighter for almost 5 years. I really love my job and would do it until I retire. Problem is I keep coming back to wanting to join the Army and try for SF. If I do, then I probably need to do it soon because I'm not getting any younger. It's hard to compare because I don't know the real day to day life of an SF soldier. If you guys have anything to say, I'd really appreciate it.

-Thanks

The Search button is your friend.

Intellectual laziness is not a virtue we are looking for.

TR

bw1776
02-13-2011, 17:05
Active duty for sure. Alot of unkowns, I may end up making the Army my career. Open for any advice.

bw1776
02-13-2011, 17:16
The Search button is your friend.

Intellectual laziness is not a virtue we are looking for.

TR

Thank you.