PDA

View Full Version : This week's Army Times

Pete
02-07-2011, 15:06
Hmmmm, lets see.

Big Article on Tri Care and the need to increase fees. Warning to all you folks that believe a politician's promise. Tri care came about because of the big "free health care for life" stink that started about 20 years ago and ended up 15 years ago with Tri Care. Tri Care was formed to offer the vet and his family the "free health care for life" at just a little cost.

All that is gone in these new talks - Tri Care is just another insurance program and needs to raise fees. So much for "Free"

Hmmmmm, Hmmmmmm - Up or out. The Army must be doing OK it is lowering the up our out for the lower grades. SSG down from 23 to 20; SGT(P) 20 to 15; SGT 15 to 13; E4(P) stays at 12; E4 10 to 8; PVT/PFC 8 to 5.

And trails for the new rifle should take two years.

Richard
02-07-2011, 15:38
SSG down from 23 to 20

Used to be QMP chats for SSGs beginning at 12, serious chats at 15, and out at 18 if not on the E-7 list.

Richard :munchin

glebo
02-07-2011, 16:38
Yeah, go figure....free......., to bad it wasn't in writing. 'Guess that's what ya get when you trust some one and take "their" word:rolleyes:

I suppose with the retention dates, they'll look at 600-9 again.....ya think???

Dozer523
02-07-2011, 19:03
“A wise ruler ought never to keep faith when by doing so it would be against his interests.”
Niccolo Machiavelli

1stindoor
02-08-2011, 07:12
Yeah, go figure....free......., to bad it wasn't in writing. 'Guess that's what ya get when you trust some one and take "their" word:rolleyes:

I suppose with the retention dates, they'll look at 600-9 again.....ya think???

Wouldn't have mattered if it was in writing. Growing up as a Military Dependant I've seen just about everything go away in one sense or another.

greenberetTFS
02-08-2011, 10:50
Wouldn't have mattered if it was in writing. Growing up as a Military Dependant I've seen just about everything go away in one sense or another.

The reason I joined on Dec 28 in '54 was to get several free benefits they said will be lost in '55..........:rolleyes: Funny thing now is that I've forgotten what they were......:eek:

Big Teddy :munchin

1stindoor
02-08-2011, 10:54
The reason I joined on Dec 28 in '54 was to get several free benefits they said will be lost in '55..........:rolleyes: Funny thing now is that I've forgotten what they were......:eek:

Big Teddy :munchin

They say the two things you'll loose as you age is...
1. Your memory
2. Hang on, it'll come to me....