PDA

View Full Version : Alaska Bear Hunt for Wounded SF soldiers in 2011

DinDinA-2
02-07-2011, 14:38
The Special Forces Association is sponsoring two wounded Special Forces Soldiers for a Bear Hunt in Alaska in 2011. A guide (Wayne Woods from Palmer, Alaska) has donated two hunts to the SFA for 2011. He previously donated hunts in Alaska for 2009 and 2010 to the SFA. The two wounded SF warriors are from the 7th SFGA. The cost is about $1800 per man of cash outlay. This will cover Hunting/fishing License, taxidermy fees and a cash grant of $300 to cover misc travel costs. Airfare will be covered by donations of frequent flyer miles ( I think this is taken care of for this hunt). The hosting of the soldiers in and out of Alaska is taken care of. The Fall 2010 issue of the “Drop” has an article about the 2010 hunt.

This project is a great way to recognize some of our great SF troops and promote the SF Regiment. Any excess funds contributed will be held for use in the 2012 hunts. I would ask individuals to give consideration to supporting this great project. If any of you want to support this effort, send your donations to:

Special Forces Association
PO Box 41436
Fayetteville, NC 28309-1436

Make checks payable to: “Special Forces Association” and in the memo block put “ALASKA BEAR HUNT”. This will put the money in a designated place within the Patriot Fund. Any excess funds contributed this year will be held for use in the 2012 hunts.

Any specific questions PM me and I try to answer, or put you in contact with the project officer.

Thanks

DinDinA-2
De Oppresso Liber

(Thanks TS)

The Special Forces Association is a 501(c)(19) Non-Profit Veteran Service Organization. All donations/contributions are tax-deductable. Receipts for donations will be sent for all individual donations in excess of $250. Receipts will be provided on request for donations less than $250.

Gypsy
02-07-2011, 18:41
Thanks for this info, will make a donation on Friday...payday. :D

DinDinA-2
02-09-2011, 12:19
Thanks for your support Gypsy!!

DinDinA-2
03-31-2011, 23:06
The Special Forces Association is sponsoring two wounded Special Forces Soldiers for a Bear Hunt in Alaska in 2011. A guide (Wayne Woods from Palmer, Alaska) has donated two hunts to the SFA for 2011. He previously donated hunts in Alaska for 2009 and 2010 to the SFA. The two wounded SF warriors are from the 7th SFGA. The cost is about $1800 per man of cash outlay. This will cover Hunting/fishing License, taxidermy fees and a cash grant of $300 to cover misc travel costs. Airfare will be covered by donations of frequent flyer miles ( I think this is taken care of for this hunt). The hosting of the soldiers in and out of Alaska is taken care of. The Fall 2010 issue of the “Drop” has an article about the 2010 hunt.

This project is a great way to recognize some of our great SF troops and promote the SF Regiment. Any excess funds contributed will be held for use in the 2012 hunts. I would ask individuals to give consideration to supporting this great project. If any of you want to support this effort, send your donations to:

Special Forces Association
PO Box 41436
Fayetteville, NC 28309-1436

Make checks payable to: “Special Forces Association” and in the memo block put “ALASKA BEAR HUNT”. This will put the money in a designated place within the Patriot Fund. Any excess funds contributed this year will be held for use in the 2012 hunts.

Any specific questions PM me and I try to answer, or put you in contact with the project officer.

Thanks

DinDinA-2
De Oppresso Liber

(Thanks TS)

The Special Forces Association is a 501(c)(19) Non-Profit Veteran Service Organization. All donations/contributions are tax-deductable. Receipts for donations will be sent for all individual donations in excess of $250. Receipts will be provided on request for donations less than $250.

The project officer advised me we short about $2,300 for this hunt. It begins the first week of June. Two wounded SSGs from 7th Group will be going and will have a great experience!

Another way to donate, other than in the original post, is to go to the Special Forces Association web site at "specialforcesassociation.org", click on the "Donations" tab, then select the "Patriot Fund". Donor should be sure to put "For 2011 AK Bear Hunt" in the instructions block.

I know there are many great organizations out there helping our soldiers...this one is among them. Cut back 50 rounds at the range this week, and send the $'s in instead!

Thanks

Dusty
04-01-2011, 01:33
Thanks for this info, will make a donation on Friday...payday. :D

:cool:

As usual.

JJ_BPK
04-01-2011, 03:50
Done..

DinDinA-2
04-01-2011, 13:32
Done..

Thanks for your contribution!

DinDinA-2
10-17-2011, 15:34
Apologies for the delay in posting info on the SFA Wounded Warrior Bear Hunt this past June. Both soldiers spent a couple of days in Talkeetna, AK then took an airplane ride to the Denali Mountain base camp for climbers and saw some spectacular scenery. Then to Cordova for the bear hunt. Both shot good sized black bears, did some fishing and had great camp time. Singer Thom Shepherd was in the camp, along with Doug Giles and daughter Regis. Those folks do a lot for our soldiers.

Here are a few photos…you really need to see the 1500, or so that were taken to get the full flavor of the trip. Wayne Woods has donated two more hunts for the 2012 season and I think Stan is looking for two soldiers from 5th Group this time, as the last two hunts had men from the 3rd & 7th.

Thanks to any on this site who donated dollars for last years hunt. It is much appreciated. I know there are so many good causes out there that ask for support.

DinDinA-2
10-17-2011, 15:56
Forgot to add...a story on the hunt will be published in the latest edition of "The Drop", due out in a week or so.

JJ_BPK
10-17-2011, 17:11
Is that a tree full of heads??

MORE PICTURES...

:D:lifter:D

DinDinA-2
10-17-2011, 17:48
Well, I would call that a tree full of "skulls" after skinning, not heads. Looks like a pretty good year. Brown bear and black bear. I will post some pics tonight.

DinDinA-2
10-17-2011, 22:25
Just to be clear, these are not MY photos, but ones provided to me by one of the hunters. When we reviewed them, he gave permission to share with this site. I have not yet received the photos from the other hunter. I will not post any more unless someone wants more of a particular category…mountain scenes, camp scenes or ocean bay scenes. I didn’t go with the hunters, but the guide invited me to go along just for fun…should have gone this year. If there is room I will go next year. Enjoy the pics. I can answer any questions about the content…hopefully.

DinDinA-2
10-17-2011, 22:30
Last pics.

Streck-Fu
10-18-2011, 09:32
That looks like a great hunt. Good job!

I really want to get back to AK. My mother worked in Palmer for a a couple of years while I was on active duty so I got to visit.

Beautiful country up there.