PDA

View Full Version : Medrol 4mg dose pack/Back issues

brewmonkey
08-26-2004, 07:38
This was prescribed for Arachnoiditis.

I just finished the pack this morning and am a bit curious. While it helped alleviate some of the numbness (but not the pain) how long could I reasonably expect relief after the last dose? I forgot to check with my doc on this as I was to wrapped up in the MRI report while visiting with him.

swatsurgeon
08-26-2004, 09:02
steroids are a funny thing.....relief is very subjective, i.e., poor, fair, good, excellent. No one will be able to tell you how long it can last....sometimes it's short acting and sometimes permanent relief.. I would consult a crystal ball when it comes to steroid relief duration....sorry.
T-2

brewmonkey
08-26-2004, 10:12
Thanks, I figured as much but was hoping anyway. If this is anything like the epidurals (all 9 of them) that I got last year then my guess is by next month I will be banging down the docs door.

swatsurgeon
08-26-2004, 15:49
how about other antiinflammatories....ones with less chance of stomach side effects and they won't interfere with bleeding potential incase they want to do an invasive procedure....like Bextra 20 mg/day or Celebrex 400mg/day. Not Rx'ing for you, just advice.
T-2

brewmonkey
08-26-2004, 17:09
I am also on Mobic 7.5mg once a day.

I appreciate the advice, it helps me out when I talk to my doc. He responds much better to my needs when I go in prepared with questions about possible alternatives to what he is doing. Sometimes he says no we will do it his way and sometimes he will agree with something I bring up and let me try it.