PDA

View Full Version : MM4 (Mini-M4) case

militarymoron
08-25-2004, 21:23
hey all,
posted this on other forums so i apologize if you've seen it before. i designed a compact M4 case with the smallest package being the goal. this dictated the upper and lower being seperated, so it's not a quick-deploy case or for someone who must not seperate the upper and lower. it's a simple sleeve-type design, open only on one end. PALS webbing on the outside for addition of MOLLE compatible pouches.
jon nelson of reccegear did and excellent job of giving life to my design.
username and password are both 'mm' to view full size pics.
http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/weapons.4.html#mm4
cheers,
MM

NousDefionsDoc
08-25-2004, 22:08
Well done!

Air.177
08-26-2004, 08:44
Nice Looking case MM.

Also potentially of interest to those of you who would like the least "weapon like" case you can find for a small carbine or shotgun. Is the Maxpedition Sliver (http://www.maxpedition.com/catalog/product_sliver.htm)

A Friend of mine has one of these and it is the Heat. He managed to shoehorn a full stock 16" barrel AR into the case and it still looks like an overfed Briefcase. It comes with a foldout nosecone for longer weapons, but using that feature when you are trying to be discreet about having a rifle makes it stick out like socks on a Rooster IMO.

Keep the good Pics and reviews coming MM

Team Sergeant
08-26-2004, 08:50
Well done MM.

But keep in mind most shorty AR-15 users such as myself, now own a weapon that we do not take apart due to the "screw" in the upper receiver that does not allow a weapon take down as with the M-4.

And you are correct that some (myself included) do not wish to take apart the weapon anyway.

Some thoughts, I like to see a case that I can quickly open, one that will hold my weapon (w/loaded mag), ACOG, EOTEC, batteries, 5-6 loaded mags, small cleaning kit/extra parts in nice little internal pouches with Velcro straps securing all. (While you’re at it, throw in an internal pouch that I can place a knife and a HK .45 UPS.) And keep it under $200 bucks. (Oh, and in Black.):D

TS

militarymoron
08-26-2004, 09:25
thanks guys.
i understand completely (about not wanting or having the ability to keep the upper and lowers in two pieces) - this case was designed with compactness being the driver, as there are already many excellent cases out there that will fit complete rifles. this one just filled a small niche.
TS - the maxpedition silver case that .177 recommended would actually fit your needs pretty well; it's well made. all the accessories (mags, pistol etc) would fit in the outer compartment. eagle's discrete carry cases have also served me well over the years.
also keep in mind that jon can build you whatever you want. in black, too.
cheers,
MM