PDA

View Full Version : Belated Happy Birthday to PS.com

The Reaper
01-28-2011, 09:52
Belated Happy Seventh Birthday to PS.com!

Threads: 28,766, Posts: 342,150, Members: 22,845

Been a good ride so far, amigos.

TR

LongWire
01-28-2011, 10:04

TR

Indeed!!!! Thanks..............Happy BDay!!!!!

Saoirse
01-28-2011, 10:11
7 years!? Wow! Happy Birthday PS.com! :)

echoes
01-28-2011, 10:39

TR

Happy Birthday to PS.com! :lifter

Cannot believe it has been 7 years. Cannot even estimate how much I have learned over the years, and cannot imagine life today without you all.;)

Thank You PS.com!!!

Holly

TrapLine
01-28-2011, 11:12
Happy BDay, indeed. This is the most informative web site I have found. I want to say thank you to all the Quiet Professions and members that contribute and freely share such hard earned knowledge. Cheers to many more!

bandycpa
01-28-2011, 11:43
Happy Birthday ps.com!

Sten
01-28-2011, 12:20
Thanks TS! This is by far my favorite forum on the intarweb.

tom kelly
01-28-2011, 12:22
Everything & Everybody is only born once; Anyway Happy birthday PS.com you and the Admin's are the best of the best,KEEP UP the Good Work...regard's, tom kelly...

wet dog
01-28-2011, 12:25
"Happy Birthday PS.com!"

akv
01-28-2011, 12:44
Happy Birthday PS.com!

Sohei
01-28-2011, 13:19
Happy 7th Birthday PS.com. Seven years and great stats. That's a successful endeavor with great results. This site provides a great service to those that are in need of it. Thanks for providing it. I believe there are many more years to come.

Requiem
01-28-2011, 14:39
Happy 7th birthday!

May the next 7 year (and beyond) be just as successful. Thank you for providing a wealth of information & humor and may posers everywhere fear your name.

Susan

fng13
01-28-2011, 14:48
Happy Birthday. :lifter

I've only had the privilege to be on here for almost two years and I am still trying to catch up with all the information from the last seven years. There is so much valuable info here that you don't/won't find anywhere else.

greenberetTFS
01-28-2011, 15:41
PS.com for an old walrus like me(just turned 74) is a life line to me...........:) To be able to read,comment,etc with people of "my own" who know what we've been thru..... :)This is why I wake up in the morning and go to sleep at night feeling for filled knowing I'm still in the picture of SF and what's happening today............ :) It's rather difficult to fully explain,I'm just glad to be one in the "QP brotherhood"................... :)

Big Teddy

Dozer523
01-28-2011, 17:14
It's rather difficult to fully explain,I'm just glad to be one in the "QP brotherhood"................... :)

Big TeddyI know exactly what you mean. I'm glad to have you for a friend.

Any chance the first post can be located?
hope it's better then the first video on MTV (Video Killed the Radio Star)

Red Flag 1
01-28-2011, 17:37
Happy Birthday PS.com!!!!

Dusty
01-28-2011, 17:43
PS.com for an old walrus like me(just turned 74) is a life line to me...........:) To be able to read,comment,etc with people of "my own" who know what we've been thru..... :)This is why I wake up in the morning and go to sleep at night feeling for filled knowing I'm still in the picture of SF and what's happening today............ :) It's rather difficult to fully explain,I'm just glad to be one in the "QP brotherhood"................... :)

Big Teddy

Well said, Big Teddy.

Gypsy
01-28-2011, 18:20
Seven years...it seems like it was just yesterday when a friend told me about ProfessionalSoldiers.com

Thanks to everyone who makes this community what it is, and to TS and the Mods for keeping us in line. :D

Glad to be here, thanks for tolerating me.

ZonieDiver
01-28-2011, 19:09
I will be forever grateful to PS.com for introducing me to Brothers, and others, who have become friends - friendships I hope will continue to grow.

My visits here are always among my favorite daily activities.

Thanks, TS and everyone else responsible!

The Reaper
01-28-2011, 19:31
I know exactly what you mean. I'm glad to have you for a friend.

Any chance the first post can be located?
hope it's better then the first video on MTV (Video Killed the Radio Star)

I believe that this is the first publicly visible thread.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9

TR

Team Sergeant
01-28-2011, 20:16

Big Teddy

Yup and the very reason we started this website, to keep in touch.

Richard
01-28-2011, 20:42
Happy Birthday, PS.Com!

Q: Where is TMC 14 located?

I know Fort Bragg has changed a lot since I was last there, but the TMC we had when LTC Tsoulos was the Center Surgeon for so many years was located near both 5th and 7th SFG HQs just before going up the hill to the old BN HQs and JFK Chapel area - it was TMC 13.

I'm just curious and would like to know for my own knowledge.

Richard

The Reaper
01-28-2011, 22:01
Happy Birthday, PS.Com!

Q: Where is TMC 14 located?

I know Fort Bragg has changed a lot since I was last there, but the TMC we had when LTC Tsoulos was the Center Surgeon for so many years was located near both 5th and 7th SFG HQs just before going up the hill to the old BN HQs and JFK Chapel area - it was TMC 13.

I'm just curious and would like to know for my own knowledge.

Richard

TMC 14 is/was at Camp Mackall.

TR

Richard
01-28-2011, 22:04
TMC 14 is/was at Camp Mackall.

Thanks. There was no such thing back in the day - one of the three tar paper buildings had a field table in the supply shed for a medic from one of the Groups on detail out there during a training cycle.

Richard :munchin

wet dog
01-28-2011, 22:53
Big Teddy - can I come clean?

I need to inform you of the next generation of SF soldiers that lived in the Tar Paper shacks at Camp MacKall, just 20 years after you attended the "Q".

These poor shelters, nothing more than second rate dog houses covered us as well, the "Q" students of the 80's. On the walls were written in blood and knife, carved in the very walls of the 2x4's and floor boards, the names of your generation, some saying, "SP5, Medic - going to Vietnam, '67, I hope my new Team Sergeant does not think me a completed Dick Head. Graduate in 18 days."

Big Teddy, when I went to phase I, just 7 days into training a large duffle bag crossed over the top wire of the compound. In it were three pair of boots, (sizes 9, 10 and 11), smokes, socks, new t-shirts, boot polish, gum, candly, writing paper, pencils, (in short - everything missing that was needed). Seems the Phase II Officer 18A students, thought highly of us poor enlisted turds in Phase I. Perhaps they thought, those young guns were going to be on their ODAs someday? Who knows, but the "un-authorized' items like whiskey and smokes were welcomed. These items where sometimes lost to cadre, but they were never missed. When soldiers began to have severe coughs during the cold nights and rainy season, Whiskey and or Moonshine from the Pineland chieftans aided us poor souls living in "Tar Paper shacks".

Thought you should know the UW mission was taught then and most likely will be returning to Phase I, although many will likely deny the whole episode.

I can't say I might have been a medical drop if were not for a young medic 'student' going from shack to shack disposing of a full bottle of Crown before morning PT.

Wet Dog, Out

cetheridge
01-29-2011, 00:14
"Happy Birthday, PS.Com!"
I've been a member for only a year, but it is the only site I visit everyday. As a FOG, it brings back memories of SF in the late 60's, and it keeps me informed of what the brothers are doing now. Thank you TS, TR, and all the other administrators and moderators that make this site what it is...."Outstanding".

incarcerated
01-29-2011, 01:40
A very deeply felt thanks to you guys for making this place.
Happy Birthday PS.

greenberetTFS
01-29-2011, 07:14
Wet Dog,

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go. Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own. And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind."

Major Michael Davis O'Donnell

JV John 15:13

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends..........:)

Zonie Diver

I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not.

Well young tiger,read these words,believe in them,and thou shall be saved!....:D

Big Teddy :munchin[/QUOTE]

tonyz
01-29-2011, 09:44
Some say that we are an accumulation of our life experiences - that puts me in good company and I am thankful for what I learn here.

I do not post much but I am truly thankful for the opportunity.

I am also thankful for the well managed environment here - it makes this site worth taking the time to peruse.

Happy Birthday PS.com and many happy returns. TZ

dennisw
01-29-2011, 10:20
Happy Birthday, PS. com! I have not been here during the entire seven years, but for a majority of it. My time here on this wonderful board has coincided with the journeys my boys have traveled. As they made there way through the q course P.S.com was my constant companion providing insight related to the course, the ODA and the QP mindset. I guess PS.com helped me feel connected to a specific world that included Iraq, Afghanistan and other exotic places.

PS.com has provided so much information. From world news to financial news, we even learned about a new way to cook ribs and make stuffing for our thanksgiving turkey. Sometimes the news appears so fast; disseminating it to loved ones turned out be tricky. When my youngest was deployed with his team in Astan, he called on the phone one morning. During our conversation, I asked him if he knew the SF soldier who was recently killed in his AO. Turns out they had not heard the news, but some of his team mates were very close friends with the soldier and then the phone call became hectic. The last words of the conversation were, ”Dad I have to go.”

During our next conversation I inquired as to what happened. He said the team sergeant was pissed and decided to head outside the wire, find some high ground, run their flags up and wait for the sons of bitches to show up. Apparently they did show up and received an ass whoopin’ for their trouble.

The journey has been interesting to say the least and PS.Com has provided the so much to make it more comprehensible and enjoyable.

Stingray
01-30-2011, 03:53
Happy Birthday PS.com. And thank you to everyone involved in operating this website and allowing me the chance to hang around.

Sincerely,

Sdiver
02-01-2011, 09:05
Wow .... seven years already. I remember when this site took it's first steps.

Gents ..... thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Here's to another seven years, and another, and another, and another ...... :lifter

Ret10Echo
02-01-2011, 10:45
Happy Birthday and a huge "Thank You" to those who have born this site.

This has been a great surrogate since retiring. :D

R10

18C4V
02-01-2011, 16:14
HBD PS.Com, 7 years flew by really fast!!!