PDA

View Full Version : Lost or stolen

jhorrigan
01-28-2011, 08:16
If I could ask you guys to keep your ears and eyes out for someone ditching my fighters, I would appreciate it . I sent eight model one's and two of Bob's model to some of the boys in the sand box, and of course they never made it there. Sent out Dec. 13th tracking shows they where received at the post office and nothing further. Talked with the postmaster at the station, filed a theft report, and sitting with my thumb you know where. Thanks

John 15:13

Team Sergeant
01-28-2011, 08:24
We'll put the word out.

Was the post office in the box?

The Reaper
01-28-2011, 08:34
If I could ask you guys to keep your ears and eyes out for someone ditching my fighters, I would appreciate it . I sent eight model one's and two of Bob's model to some of the boys in the sand box, and of course they never made it there. Sent out Dec. 13th tracking shows they where received at the post office and nothing further. Talked with the postmaster at the station, filed a theft report, and sitting with my thumb you know where. Thanks

John 15:13

John:

You sent them to an APO, and they made it that far, correct?

TR

Tatonka316
01-28-2011, 11:41
Brother! Send me a PM if you need me to make some inquiries as I have had a couple of packages of bullet pens temporary get "lost" so I may be able to help.

molon labe

cszakolczai
01-28-2011, 12:02
Sorry to hear they never made it. I never write everything onto the customs form. I've heard of a couple guys having problems like this with expensive items when they fill out the form 100%. I know a couple of people who work at the Post Office, I'm not sure how much it would help but the offer is out there if you need it.

Also when you say that it shows it was accepted at the post office, do you mean yours? Or do you mean the APO?

USPS has a terrible tracking system and thats why anything expensive I send gets insurance.

jhorrigan
01-30-2011, 17:55
Yes it was usps. The only thing on the tracking number, ( says recieved at the post office that I droppped it off at). I had been told you couldn't get insurance going to a APO. Which I found out was B.S. So I might be out alot of time and some money. Thanks guys for looking for me.

John 3:15

Ambush Master
01-30-2011, 18:10
If it was your Local PO that told'ya that it was not insurable.....I'd start with THEM!!!!

Later
Martin

The Reaper
01-30-2011, 18:44
Yes it was usps. The only thing on the tracking number, ( says recieved at the post office that I droppped it off at). I had been told you couldn't get insurance going to a APO. Which I found out was B.S. So I might be out alot of time and some money. Thanks guys for looking for me.

John 3:15

John:

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

Best of luck, amigo.

TR

alelks
01-30-2011, 18:46
Sorry to hear about the loss.

We send stuff for customers to APO addresses several times a week and it's definitely insurable. The only negative thing about putting insurance on it is that customers want it to their loved ones as soon as possible and if they put insurance on it in certain cases it takes the recipient longer to receive it as someone has to sign for it and I guess at times they want it to be the individual it's going to and if he's deployed away from the base that receives mail it could take longer. It's not like they are going to pay duties and taxes on it so on the customs form many times we have the customer put "Gifts or personal items".

Viking
02-04-2011, 10:00
Not that it's the case here, but I mailed myself a package Jan 10 prior to departing CONUS and my better half mailed me another about a week later. I didn't get the packages until late June 10. Took six months! The packages were supposed to go through Bagram to get to me and instead they ended up going to Kandahar and out to Herat for some reason. I hope you get some help finding your packages.

Raine_n_Roses
02-04-2011, 12:31
If you know the APO or camp you were sending it to I can see if my old unit can find out who the working unit is at that APO and see if they can find out.
We were an HR unit working Postal Units thru Iraq 09-10.