PDA

View Full Version : Jumpmaster Knife

cerebus the dog
08-25-2004, 10:09
This is a spin off from the "DEMO KNIFE" thread, but something I have thought about for some time.

1. What if anything would you like to see in a "Jumpmaster Knife"?

2. What tool have you or are you currently using for that task?

3. What part of that mulitool did you like?

4. How big do you think a tool could get with all of the things you want in it before it gets too big?

5. Would there be anything different in the use between static line and MFF? (I am curious since my experience is limited to static line jumping)

Wes

The Reaper
08-25-2004, 11:37
Chris Reeve is making one now.

I may be able to find a pic later, or Mr. Harsey may have the info on it.

TR

Team Sergeant
08-25-2004, 11:40
Originally posted by cerebus the dog

5. Would there be anything different in the use between static line and MFF? (I am curious since my experience is limited to static line jumping)

Wes

Wes,

I'm not sure what you're asking here. If you are referring to the use of a knife to free a static line jumper from being towed, a good knife is a fine idea. However, when dealing with a towed MFF jumper we simply stomp on their fingers.

TS

Air.177
08-25-2004, 11:42
ROTFLMAO!!

cerebus the dog
08-25-2004, 12:25
LOL

I was just wondering if there was any specific task that would be different and need a specific tool.

Reaper,
I would like to see those pics if I could.........I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

mumbleypeg
08-25-2004, 13:53
I believe the Reeve GB 5.5 is the Jumpmaster. The serrations were reworked to better serve in this role.

Mr. Harsey is the answerman here. I'm just going off what he said at the Shot show.

CPTAUSRET
08-25-2004, 13:55
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Team Sergeant
Wes,

I'm not sure what you're asking here. If you are referring to the use of a knife to free a static line jumper from being towed, a good knife is a fine idea. However, when dealing with a towed MFF jumper we simply stomp on their fingers.

TS [/QUOTE

Now, that's funny::D

Terry

Rotor Strike
08-26-2004, 06:28
Strider is also making a JM knife.

QRQ 30
08-26-2004, 09:09
As always TS has the correct answer.:D

Now to get real, I don't recall ever carrying a special knife as JM. Technically a towed jumper is part of the aircraft and becomes the responsibility of the UASF and their men have all of the tools. Besides that if the JM also jumps, as is the normal case it is difficult to hold the blade in your teeth when you exit.

There is also some confusion about JM duties since the JM can jump anywhere in the stick he chooses which may be first.