PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson rebate

Combat Diver
01-21-2011, 09:02
Smith is again offering to active and retired military a rebate on M&P firearms from 1 Jan-31 Mar 2011.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_757803_-1_757797_757797_image

CD

Redshirt
01-24-2011, 11:53
Smith is again offering to active and retired military a rebate on M&P firearms from 1 Jan-31 Mar 2011.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_757803_-1_757797_757797_image

CD

Thank You, I'm about to drop on an M&P.

Dusty
01-24-2011, 12:00
You mean people still buy non-H&K handguns?

Team Sergeant
01-24-2011, 12:08
You mean people still buy non-H&K handguns?

The world is full of amateurs.....besides if everyone purchased HK's there'd be 150,000 M1911 gunsmiths out of business.:D

WholeManin2010
01-24-2011, 21:06
The world is full of amateurs.....besides if everyone purchased HK's there'd be 150,000 M1911 gunsmiths out of business.:D

TS,

Hate to hijack a thread, but have you had a chance to evaluate the HK45 full-size or compact version? I'm currently in the market for the best-priced HK45c I can find, and I'm almost certain that I can expect greatness from any HK, but I remember reading a thread where you didn't seem too fond of the P2000... :munchin

NoRoadtrippin
01-24-2011, 22:04
Ahhhh, excellent. Just in time for the wife to start pulling down the PA salary. Gotta spend my allowance. :D

Team Sergeant
01-25-2011, 09:23
TS,

Hate to hijack a thread, but have you had a chance to evaluate the HK45 full-size or compact version? I'm currently in the market for the best-priced HK45c I can find, and I'm almost certain that I can expect greatness from any HK, but I remember reading a thread where you didn't seem too fond of the P2000... :munchin

You jest.

WholeManin2010
01-25-2011, 09:35
You jest.

Should have gone with my first inclination and asked this in a more relevant, existing thread. I sincerely beg your pardon.

Team Sergeant
01-25-2011, 09:38
Should have gone with my first inclination and asked this in a more relevant, existing thread. I sincerely beg your pardon.

Where you posted it is irrelevant. Have you used the search button with my screen name and HK .45, HK Compact ?????:munchin

swatsurgeon
01-25-2011, 11:11
Simple economics lead the rebate parade.....
HK demand remains high, no rebates.
S&W demand remains flat or less stellar, hence offers of rebates.
Other companies try to boost sales with rebates....it's the old : larger sales volume with smaller profits wins over small volume with higher profits.

I have an HK45.......I enjoy it, really enjoy it. Just hope it never needs factory work since they are always busy with military and civilians take a very back seat to completing service orders.

ss

WholeManin2010
01-25-2011, 13:41
Where you posted it is irrelevant. Have you used the search button with my screen name and HK .45, HK Compact ?????:munchin

I have... I got the old thread from before the HK45 came out, where there was a mag clipping posted of L. Vickers with the tan version and original P2000-style grip.... You said it was UGLY...

That was all I got the first time I tried the search combination you mentioned. One night I read every post/thread that included your sn and USP, HK45, .45, 230, P2000, and 1911.

I didn't try it with "compact" before (HK is too short), but did just now and only got posts mentioning your USPc. Pretty much every HK reference I've seen by you has been about the USP series, with a few exceptions, -- unless I overlooked something, which is very possible.

Regardless, I went out on a limb posting the question here after seeing mention of HK, knowing it wasn't the best place for it. Guess I figured no one would be interested in a S&W anyway, at least not on purpose. :rolleyes: Then again, the scandium J-frame I handled at a CID conference last year was tempting. Small, very light, but maybe too light.

WholeManin2010
01-25-2011, 13:43
I have an HK45.......I enjoy it, really enjoy it. Just hope it never needs factory work since they are always busy with military and civilians take a very back seat to completing service orders.

ss

Yeah, weren't you the jerk that beat me to the one in the Cache here not too long ago? :p

lindy
01-25-2011, 16:47
I'm currently in the market for the best-priced HK45c I can find...

You going to buy that in Maryland? :confused:

WholeManin2010
01-25-2011, 17:18
You going to buy that in Maryland? :confused:

LOL! I'm realizing more and more that no gun shop in this state is above a painful markup for any product or service ... I found a place online called Top Notch Tactical where, if they are what they say they are, I can still get away with the pistol and $50-65 transfer fee here for at least $100 less than the $1125+ everyone in MD wants.

swatsurgeon
01-25-2011, 20:11
Yeah, weren't you the jerk that beat me to the one in the Cache here not too long ago? :p

I am that jerk......or Dr. Jerk to all of my fans!! Great gun, go get one.
ss

Dusty
01-26-2011, 08:52

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/25/utah-lawmakers-propose-m1911-as-official-state-gun/?test=latestnews

AP SALT LAKE CITY -- State lawmakers are debating whether to designate a semiautomatic pistol as the official gun of Utah, despite protests from people who believe it's inappropriate because of recent mass shootings.

The bill to make the Browning M1911 the official gun breezed through a committee hearing this week and is scheduled to be debated by the full House as early as Wednesday.

Republican Rep. Carl Wimmer said the state should have the gun as one of its state symbols to honor John Browning, a Utah native who invented it in 1911.

"He invented a firearm that has defended American values and the traditions of this country for 100 years," Wimmer told the House Political Subdivisions Committee.

Utah has 24 state symbols recognizing the history, geography and culture of the state. They include a state cooking pot, a state tree, a state hymn and a state folk dance.

The committee approved the bill to add a state gun on a 9-2 vote.

Wimmer said the Browning M1911 is widely used by the military, police officers and private citizens, which is why he chose the pistol instead of another Browning gun.

Gun Violence Prevention Center board member Steve Gunn told The Associated Press honoring the M1911 is wrong because the people who opened fire in most recent U.S. mass shootings used semiautomatic pistols. That includes the Jan. 8 Arizona shooting in which six people were killed and 13 - including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords - were wounded with a Glock pistol.

"It's an embarrassment to the state to have as a symbol that was used only a few weeks ago to kill innocent people," Gunn said.

Wimmer told the AP he had been planning the bill for about a year and the Arizona shooting did not change his mind.

"There is nothing about the actions of a madman to change the fact that firearms have been used throughout our history to defend American values and traditions," Wimmer said.

House Minority Leader David Litvak said while he opposes designating a state gun, the Arizona shooting did not give the debate any urgency.

"We need to be careful about using that tragedy to push a political position," the Democrat said.

He suggested the state honor Browning in a different way that focused on his many inventions, not just one of his guns.

Jennifer Seelig, who voted against the measure said she did not see the debate as pro- or anti-gun. Instead, it is about the message sent by the state having such a polarizing symbol, she said.

"It has a lot of deep-rooted, complex and complicated meanings on a wide spectrum, from defending life to taking it," said Seelig, also a Democrat.

Seelig said she supports gun rights and has a permit to carry a concealed weapon. But like Litvack, she would prefer to honor Browning in a different way.

Republican Rep. Stephen Sandstrom told the committee that recognizing the M1911 is an appropriate honor for Browning. Instead of the gun being blamed for killing people, it should be credited for saving lives on the battlefield, Sandstrom said.

"Tragic events happen because of bad people in this world. But handguns, and firearms in general, do not kill people," Sandstrom said. "We need to stop demonizing firearms."