PDA

View Full Version : Christians worried as Hindu festival nears

Pete
01-18-2011, 06:09
Christians worried as Hindu festival nears

http://www.cathnewsindia.com/2011/01/18/christians-worried-as-hindu-festival-nears/

"..........The main aim of the festival, according media reports is to “return” tribal Christians to Hinduism, which the organizers claim is “their original religion.”

Media reports also suggested that hardline Hindu activists accused of terror attacks in various parts of India are backing the ghar vapasi (homecoming), or the religious re-conversion.

Local Christians plan to appeal to the collector, the highest-ranking government official in a district, for protection during the fair, Father Thomas said............"

Maybe Hindu's ain't as laid back - for the most part - as I was thinking. Ah, probably just some right wing nut cases.

Dusty
01-18-2011, 06:17
Prayers out.

Richard
01-18-2011, 08:36
Organized religions are like money changers - they're always trying to convert something for their personal prophet.

Richard

Dusty
01-18-2011, 08:42
Organized religions are like money changers - they're always trying to convert something for their personal prophet.

Richard

Can't say as I agree with your p'lice work, there, Richard. That's a broad paintbrush.

The Church I belong to is organized, and is of the Christian religion, and it hasn't tried to make a profit since 1871, when it was begun.

Richard
01-18-2011, 08:52
Can't say as I agree with your p'lice work, there, Richard. That's a broad paintbrush.

The Church I belong to is organized, and is of the Christian religion, and it hasn't tried to make a profit since 1871, when it was begun.

There were no misspellings in my post. Think about it.

Richard

Dusty
01-18-2011, 08:55
There were no misspellings in my post. Think about it.

Richard

lol How'd you change that without an edit?

The Creepy One
01-18-2011, 13:24

Richard

EDIT:

Deleted, usually I'm better at catching puns.

Richard
01-18-2011, 13:34
As someone who belongs to an organized Religion (Christian) I think that's a very sweeping statement, I agree that a lot of people and churches are just in it for the money, but there's a lot of people and churches that won't have any part of that.

How would you feel if I made a sweeping and unfair statement about Special Forces Soldiers?

Creepy One,

As I stated previously - "There were no misspellings in my post. Think about it."

Maybe you'll get this one - My religious beliefs are non-prophet.

Richard

Defend
01-18-2011, 13:48
...personal prophet.

I got it sir...

But still don't entirely agree. Ask anybody who has converted to Christianity voluntarily (inquisition doesn't count) who got the better end of the deal - God or the convert.

-out

Dusty
01-18-2011, 14:35
Creepy One,

As I stated previously - "There were no misspellings in my post. Think about it."

Richard

lol Good one.:D

The Creepy One
01-18-2011, 15:05
Oh, Richard you have my sincere apologies. I'm just gonna go crawl into a hole and die now. :boohoo

:o

x SF med
01-18-2011, 15:17
Creepy One,

Richard

Oy vey, even this goyim got it the first time around.... ( Richard, how's that for a turn of a hat? and what's the penalty for illegal use of Yiddish?)

Dusty
01-18-2011, 16:00
Oy vey, even this goyim got it the first time around.... ( Richard, how's that for a turn of a hat? and what's the penalty for illegal use of Yiddish?)

They whack off the very tip of your pedro.

Sigaba
01-18-2011, 16:06
[W]hat's the penalty for illegal use of Yiddish?No shiksas for you!

http://brianandbethany.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/304175.jpg

Dusty
01-18-2011, 16:08
No shiksas for you!

http://brianandbethany.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/304175.jpg

Bwahahaha!!!!!!:D