PDA

View Full Version : Afghanistan's push to tax U.S. contractors could renew tensions

Pete
01-16-2011, 18:59
"Afghanistan's push to tax U.S. contractors could renew tensions"

Here comes the tax man with his hand out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/16/AR2011011603645.html

"....The Afghan government is ramping up efforts to tax U.S. contractors operating there - an effort that could raise millions for the cash-strapped government but could also provoke fresh confrontation with the United States, according to U.S. and Afghan officials..............."

The closer you look the more they seem to be like our government. Maybe they are learning. Instead of stealing or graft just call it a tax.

kgoerz
01-16-2011, 19:31
I hate to see it fail because of our Military effort. But I won't lie and say there won't be a smile on my face when the current Astan government implodes. Bunch of crooked savages all of them.

MtnGoat
01-16-2011, 22:23
This is a BIG Joke!!!

Only in Afghanistan would this come up. Let’s just take Karzai, his brother, and the Finance Minister into custody and ship them off to Gitmo. While in Gitmo perhaps a good water boarding session to see where all the money has gone and to instill a proper attitude adjustment.

chemical cookie
01-17-2011, 21:17
I hate to see it fail because of our Military effort. But I won't lie and say there won't be a smile on my face when the current Astan government implodes. Bunch of crooked savages all of them.

...get slaughtered when/if we leave. How is this not a prime example of biting the hand that feeds them? :confused: