PDA

View Full Version : Posers, Frauds

HerdDoc
01-14-2011, 14:33
First of all, I was never a member of the 5th Special Forces. I served as a Combat Medic with the 173rd Airborne in Vietnam during 1968/69. I live in a very small town in Colorado. A new part time neighbor moved in to the town a couple years ago. He has been telling people he is a Vietnam Veteran and was in "The Special Forces".

I asked him a few questions one day on a friendly basis. He told me he had been with the 101st Airborne. I asked him when he was in the Nam. He couldn't remember. I asked him what his MOS was, he said, I was in the Infantry. Well, most guys would have said Eleven Bravo. He did not know what I was talking about when I mentioned Hamburger Hill. He is currently 59 years old. Had he been with the 101st he certainly would have known about June 10th of 1969 which of course would have been prior to him being in Vietnam since he would have only been 17 that year.

I think the guy is a lying Bastage and a fake. He is also a P-rick. Does anyone know how we can find out about this guy. I do not like Fakes, Frauds and Posers.

Thank you :mad:

LongWire
01-14-2011, 14:38
Welcome to the Board.

Your First post should have gone here:

http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22472&page=66

Attention to detail is required in our house.

HerdDoc
01-14-2011, 14:56
Welcome to the Board.

Your First post should have gone here:

http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22472&page=66

Attention to detail is required in our house.

Thank you for pointing out my mistake. I am glad you like to pay attention to detail. Apparently the details do not pertain to spelling, however.

"Interests
Skyding, Low Light Photography"

Years ago I did some skydiving myself. I have never done "skyding" however. What exactly is that?

Dusty
01-14-2011, 15:15
Thank you for pointing out my mistake. I am glad you like to pay attention to detail. Apparently the details do not pertain to spelling, however.

"Interests

Years ago I did some skydiving myself. I have never done "skyding" however. What exactly is that?

Oh, you're looking for SmartAss.com. This is the wrong board.

Dozer523
01-14-2011, 15:22
Easy Dusty. . .

Thank you for pointing out my mistake.
It's a hobby for some of us. Kinda like my Mom who set straight the strangers tracking mud on her white carpet.
I am glad you like to pay attention to detail.
We do, we do.
Apparently the details do not pertain to spelling, however. "Interests Skyding, Low Light Photography" Years ago I did some skydiving myself.
Didja now? well feel free to pipe up on the Military Freefall posts.
I have never done "skyding" however.
Well, OF COURSE you haven't! You know how to land planes. Actually, that's classified and NEVER should have been posted.
What exactly is that?
It's super-secret, double naught-scary-secret, redacted stuff. Lighten up skipper, and welcome.:D

HerdDoc
01-14-2011, 16:13
Easy Dusty. . .

Lighten up skipper, and welcome.:D

A good sense of humor is great. ;)

wet dog
01-14-2011, 16:17
You guys crack me up!

HerdDoc
01-14-2011, 16:18
Oh, you're looking for SmartAss.com. This is the wrong board.

Only thing I am interested in is exposing "Posers". Most Vietnam Veterans such as myself do not appreciate these types. Whether or not my post indicating this was my first or second post is of no importance.

Dusty
01-14-2011, 16:20
Only thing I am interested in is exposing "Posers". Most Vietnam Veterans such as myself do not appreciate these types. Whether or not my post indicating this was my first or second post is of no importance.

Except February, which has 28. I have no idea WTF you're rambling about.

On edit: Did you read all the stickies?

HerdDoc
01-14-2011, 16:24
I think it is time to read the first posting of this thread again and if you can't help with this perhaps you should not post anything at all. That, after all, is the subject I had intended.

Dusty
01-14-2011, 16:26
I think it is time to read the first posting of this thread again and if you can't help with this perhaps you should not post anything at all. That, after all, is the subject I had intended.

I think I'll wait until I'm sure you are who you say you are. You might be posing.

sinjefe
01-14-2011, 16:56

Dude, you are making a really bad impression. Unscrew yourself and do it right and stop being an ass.

Pete
01-14-2011, 17:08
Only thing I am interested in is exposing "Posers". ......

Maybe not the only thing. It appears you also like to go tit-for-tat on message boards.

Stick with the mission at hand until you get a better feel for the board.

HerdDoc
01-14-2011, 17:11
Dude, you are making a really bad impression. Unscrew yourself and do it right and stop being an ass.

Asking for help in exposing a Military Fraud is making a bad impression? Exactly how would you explain that ? My thinking would tell me that only a Fraud would be offended by my posting. They do have a tendency to react that way when confronted.

sinjefe
01-14-2011, 17:15
I've been vetted on here. The one who has not been is you, asshole. Pound sand up your ass. Don't see a smiley face do ya.

HerdDoc
01-14-2011, 17:17
I've been vetted on here. The one who has not been is you, asshole. Pound sand up your ass. Don't see a smiley face do ya.

A good soldier does not get emotional. Name calling is extremely childish.

SF_BHT
01-14-2011, 17:22
Asking for help in exposing a Military Fraud is making a bad impression? Exactly how would you explain that ? My thinking would tell me that only a Fraud would be offended by my posting. They do have a tendency to react that way when confronted.

I know you are not trying to say a vetted QP here is a Fraud. Listen you are in our house and I think you need to back down or your life here is going to be short lived.

HerdDoc
01-14-2011, 17:30
I know you are not trying to say a vetted QP here is a Fraud. Listen you are in our house and I think you need to back down or your life here is going to be short lived.

I have gotten enough help via PMs to determine whether or not the individual claiming to be a Nam Vet is for real or not. Being short lived on this forum doesn't concern me in the least. What I see here are a bunch keyboard warriors. None of you would have survived in my unit in Vietnam.

Dusty
01-14-2011, 17:32
I have gotten enough help via PMs to determine whether or not the individual claiming to be a Nam Vet is for real or not. Being short lived on this forum doesn't concern me in the least. What I see here are a bunch keyboard warriors. None of you would have survived in my unit in Vietnam.

lol You not expendable, Lambo.

wet dog
01-14-2011, 17:54
Dusted off an old book on Vietnam, (cough, cough).

Hamburger Hill (more than one).

Co B 2/205, 101st Abn., Hill No. (937) May 10- May 20, 1969

Another hill,...

173rd Abn., 3-22 Nov. 1967 Dak to, Vietnam Hill No. (875), only 7 US losses

another hill,...

(882) Nov., 18th 1967

another hill,...

(823),....

Seems there are a lot of hills in Vietnam, not surprising.

After re-reading the thread, not sure how "February" came up or what importance it carries, not quite sure how Jun 10th matters for the 101st Abn, minus an anniversary date, plus, from June 1944 and a commanders replacement after friendly fire, Europe.

I do know Dusty is a QP, pretty sure I am.

herdDoc came here asking for help in outing a possible poser, his neighbor. I'm ready to help if needed.

herdDoc, thank you for your service to this nation.

The Reaper
01-14-2011, 18:20

HerdDoc:

This is an SF board.

The rules clearly explain that. The requirement to fill out your profile and to introduce yourself with your first post were explained there as well.

They also mention that if you step on the toes of the SF members, since this is their house and you are a guest, you will lose.

Bottom line is that you need to act respectfully and avoid pissing contests till you have gotten a feel for the board.

If you just joined PS.com for the one background check and to engage in a few minor skirmishes with the QPs, you are done. If you continue to troll, you will lose this forum as a resource when you find your next poser.

Your call, but if you plan to stick around I would turn my SA on and play nicely with the QPs and staff.

Finally, I would avoid the trash talking about the survival of board members in combat. Many of them have several times the number of combat tours that you do, in a much more austere environment to boot.

Best of luck, regardless.

TR

LongWire
01-14-2011, 19:01

"Interests

Gee, Thanks for the heads up asshole. Out door is over there.........------->

There are plenty of folks here willing to help you with your neighbor if you decide that you can follow some simple instructions. All you have to do is conform instead of confront........But then again, Maybe YOU are the P-rick..........

Stay or go, decision is yours.............

alelks
01-14-2011, 19:04
Nevermind.

HerdDoc
01-14-2011, 19:23
Does anyone on this board know who Leo Kryske was? I kind of doubt it but thought I would ask.

Dusty
01-14-2011, 19:26
Does anyone on this board know who Leo Kryske was? I kind of doubt it but thought I would ask.

While you're waiting; do you remember a redheaded soldier named Gelwix in your unit?

alelks
01-14-2011, 19:30
This guy?

Dusty
01-14-2011, 19:50

"Last night I pulled up the website of the US Army Golden Knights Alumni. The Golden Knights are the Army's Elite Parachute Demonstration Team. I asked the President in an Email if he knew a guy named Leo Kryske. These guys are all in their mid 70s or so now. He wrote back and said, yes, he did. He went on to tell me that Kryske had been killed in Nam. I wrote back to him and said, yes, I know, I was there. I was the medic that attempted to save his life.

Leo Kryske at the time of his death was rather famous in the Army for being a Golden Knight and a member of the Special Forces. He was in my unit in Vietnam, the 173rd Airborne Brigade.

Anyway, the team members knew Kryske had been killed but did not know the details. So, I have been going back and forth since last night with two of Kryske's former team members and explaining to them what had happened that day on August 25th, 1968. I remember that day because it is also my mom's birthday.

The attached photo is of Kryske the day he made his 2000th Freefall parachute jump. They sent this to me. Apparently all these guys were on his team. The guy on the far left is George, the guy I have been talking to. He was a platoon leader in my unit and his platoon had the highest kill count that year in Nam in the 506 valley and Ia Drang valleys.

I explained to him that we had climbed to the top of Hill 506 above the 506 valley with very little resistance. I think we killed two gooks on the way up and we did it quietly. They never knew we were there. We set up a fire support base on top of the mountain once we had secured it. Helicopters brought in artillery and various things like that and we dug in on top of the mountain. It was several days later that my platoon went out on a patrol and I had stayed behind on top of the hill because I could barely walk due to an infection I had gotten on my legs. Several of us were just "hanging out", sounds like todays teenagers. ha ha I heard the distinct sound of an AK-47 and the lead that comes from it's mouth. Leo went down as did we all but Leo did not get back up. He had taken a bullet through the head. We later found the sniper and arranged for him to take the big dirt nap beginning immediately."

Snip

Dozer523
01-14-2011, 19:54
herdDoc, thank you for your service to this nation.
Whoa . . . the drugs have taken effect. Wet Dog, take a knee. All we have is his word for how he won the war.

I say pull the plug on the former Big-'ol-jet-air-liner-driver. It's not like it was a C-130!
I don't care if he does have a 40 mission crush cap. I don't like being treated like a stewardess. And I don't like the way he treats all of us like tourist-class outa Bogata.

Bye bye.

Pink means I'm teasin'
white means I ain't.

HerdDoc
01-14-2011, 20:02
This guy?

That is a photo of Kryske, the one on the top, and the other photo is one of myself the last week of August 1968 at the bottom of Hill 506.

Isn't Google just grand. Bottom line, no one on here knew who Kryske was.

HerdDoc
01-14-2011, 20:13
Whoa . . . the drugs have taken effect. Wet Dog, take a knee. All we have is his word for how he won the war.

I say pull the plug on the former Big-'ol-jet-air-liner-driver. It's not like it was a C-130!
I don't care if he does have a 40 mission crush cap. I don't like being treated like a stewardess. And I don't like the way he treats all of us like tourist-class outa Bogata.

Bye bye.

Pink means I'm teasin'
white means I ain't.

Look DickFace, I don't recall saying anything about winning any wars. I will leave the chestbeating to keyboard warriors such as yourself. You would be lucky to qualify to be a Stewardess.

ZonieDiver
01-14-2011, 20:13
Herd Doc,

I did not get to serve RVN. I have many contemporaries who did, including several who did multiple tours, including several who served with 'The Herd' - and I don't think they'd think highly of your actions here. (I'll ask them.)

When you registered here you received an email which stated the steps you should undertake to fulfill the requirements that the organizers of this site request. Their site, their right. You chose to overlook or ignore these requirements to pursue what you think is a noble cause. This site doesn't condone that from kids thinking about joining the military, let alone a 'mature' combat veteran from a storied airborne unit. You chose to escalate instead of aplogizing and moving forward to achieve YOUR goal.

Step back. Take several deep breaths. Think about it. Decide.

Your choice..

Pete
01-14-2011, 20:21
Look DickFace, I don't recall saying anything about winning any wars. I will leave the chestbeating to keyboard warriors such as yourself. You would be lucky to qualify to be a Stewardess.

You got one caution and one warning - now go play somewhere else.

Peregrino
01-14-2011, 20:23
That is a photo of Kryske, the one on the top, and the other photo is one of myself the last week of August 1968 at the bottom of Hill 506.

Isn't Google just grand. Bottom line, no one on here knew who Kryske was.

With no intention of denigrating Kryske's service or sacrifice - why should we? Other than the fact that his untimely death obviously affected you personally, he's no different than any other soldier lost doing his duty. FYI - We've all lost brothers in arms to the current conflicts; unfortunately, because our comrades are usually further out on the sharp end of the stick, we'll lose more before some politician finally declares peace and brings them home. Our war isn't 35 years gone.

TR gave you your first warning; I'm giving you your second. Your condescending, abrasive, and confrontational demeanor is inappropriate in this community. You can back up, regroup, and return as a positive presence, or you can leave. I don't care which. However, your current attitude will no longer be tolerated.

ETA - Got to get that Mavis Beacon typing program. Somebody (Pete?) beat me to it while I was still "huntin & peckin".

Dusty
01-14-2011, 20:30
Damn, I miss herddoc.

alelks
01-14-2011, 20:40
I'm a pain in the ass at times but that guy was a sarcastic pain in the ass for sure.

Team Sergeant
01-14-2011, 20:42

Dozer523 LOLOL, he called you a DickFace :D (is that one word or two?)

LongWire
01-14-2011, 20:44
Damn......Didn't take long for that ruck to hit the hall!!!!!!

Pete
01-14-2011, 20:46
Damn......Didn't take long for that ruck to hit the hall!!!!!!

The welcome mat was rolled up at post 6.

Team Sergeant
01-14-2011, 20:50
Penalty 10 yards, loss of down. Home team decides to punt.....:munchin

4. No verbal attacks, flaming etc. Verbal assaults on a member of Professional Soldiers ® will result in a warning and/or immediate banning from the bulletin board. Likewise a malicious verbal assault on a Quiet Professional will result in amusing the other Quiet Professionals and a possible banning by the board administrators.

Dusty
01-14-2011, 20:52
Penalty 10 yards, loss of down. Home team decides to punt.....:munchin

4. No verbal attacks, flaming etc. Verbal assaults on a member of Professional Soldiers ® will result in a warning and/or immediate banning from the bulletin board. Likewise a malicious verbal assault on a Quiet Professional will result in amusing the other Quiet Professionals and a possible banning by the board administrators.

lol It's your football.

albeham
01-14-2011, 21:07
Damm..I learned something here.. Funny..But learned not to be a dick...

Not all of the time... :D

AL

ZonieDiver
01-14-2011, 21:15
Damm..I learned something here.. Funny..But learned not to be a dick...

Not all of the time... :D

AL

... in someone else's living room!

5 hours and 48 minutes. Is that a record, for someone over the age of 30??

LongWire
01-14-2011, 21:41
... in someone else's living room!

5 hours and 48 minutes. Is that a record, for someone over the age of 30??

Supposed........Age hasn't been verified!!!!! :D

PSM
01-14-2011, 21:45
for someone over the age of 30??

Maybe. I PM'd some gentle suggestions which he rebuffed like a spoiled brat. Then I asked a couple of, I believe, pretty simple questions specific to his airline, the FARs, and his retirement. He told me he was a Continental pilot forced into a med retirement and didn't know the reg I specified, which was 121.383 concerning retirement age ( I did leave out the "121" part so he couldn't Google it, but I did say retirement). There are a hell of a lot of regs, but I've never met a senior pilot who didn't know that one. Plus, the merger just happened. I think he would still call himself a CO pilot in his profile. He got banned before he could answer.

His ping-pong posts and PMs did not strike me as an adult. Then again, airline pilots do not strike me....well, never mind. ;)

Pat

wet dog
01-15-2011, 02:10
I spent a few hours out with friends, drinking Bushmills, Jameson and John Powers, come home, log on,.....

Damn!

I should stick to just staying home.

I missed all the fun, I'm going to bed.

Dozer523
01-15-2011, 03:09
Damn, I miss herddoc.Then you need to spend more time at the range. lol
That guy was a hoot!Dozer523 LOLOL, he called you a DickFace :D (is that one word or two?)
A dis-sevice to Richards, everywhere! I been called worse (keep smilin' blondie:D) here. But not by a N-QP. He will not be missed. I mean, lamented.Yeah, but not lately!:p
Shad-dup, you:p

Dusty
01-15-2011, 04:53
If the Hammersmith expose' is what drew him here, there's liable to be a spate of clowns of his bent logging on.

ZonieDiver
01-15-2011, 05:01
I been called worse here. But not by a N-QP.

Yeah, but not lately!:p:rolleyes:

Dusty
01-15-2011, 05:07
Then you need to spend more time at the range. :p
That guy was a hoot!
I been called worse here. But not by a N-QP. He will not be missed. I mean, lamented.

He cussed you out because you pushed his brat button.

He probably fell asleep last night in the fetal position, sucking his thumb.

Dozer523
01-15-2011, 06:30
He cussed you out because you pushed his brat button.
He probably fell asleep last night in the fetal position, sucking his thumb. That makes me a bad person. I'm going skiing. Punish myself.

Dusty
01-15-2011, 06:35
That makes me a bad person. I'm going skiing. Punish myself.

You guys got snow?

LongWire
01-15-2011, 15:05
He didn't learn very well in the Nam. He hit plenty of trip wires and still kept walking!!!!!

Team Sergeant
01-15-2011, 15:10
You guys got snow?

It's 75 here in Phoenix.....:munchin

greenberetTFS
01-15-2011, 15:48
I don't quite know what happen yesterday,I go out for a couple of hours,get back to the forum and "wham" an asshole had come and gone in what I think maybe the fastest banning ever and I missed out on all the fun..............;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Dozer523
01-15-2011, 20:38
You guys got snow? Yes and 230 vertical feet. Two hundred thirty vertical feet. That is not a typo. No pink. The "big flat part" is starting to get to me. But. . . People in STL are really lousy skiers. (I heart Ski Patrol) I treated a broken wrist on a little guy (wasn't:D) and a broken collarbone (was). "calm em. immobilize em, transport em". It was a slightly busier day then usual. Edit to add the banged up knee, too.
These folks are terrible skiers. Gravity is not friendly, here!:eek::D

They just put in a rockin' inner tube hill, :cool:ask Afchic.

x SF med
01-17-2011, 09:42
Yes and 230 vertical feet. Two hundred thirty vertical feet. That is not a typo. No pink. The "big flat part" is starting to get to me. But. . . People in STL are really lousy skiers. (I heart Ski Patrol) I treated a broken wrist on a little guy (wasn't:D) and a broken collarbone (was). "calm em. immobilize em, transport em". It was a slightly busier day then usual. Edit to add the banged up knee, too.
These folks are terrible skiers. Gravity is not friendly, here!:eek::D

They just put in a rockin' inner tube hill, ask Afchic.

Dozer... even Mt. Wachussett had more than 230 ft vertical.... I think it was 320... :D

Richard
01-17-2011, 09:50
Man, I head to PV and San Sebastian del Jalisco to avoid the annual two days of 'possible' winter weather here in the Metroplex and miss a golden opportunity to put my always agreeable personality to some really good use without having to use the pink font for a change. :(

Damn, you guys get to have all the fun...but I did get a really nice tan, enjoyed some mighty fine raicilla, and had some really good food. :D

Oh, well, maybe next time. ;)

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

Bad Tolz
01-17-2011, 14:31
HerdDoc,

As a former "Herd" trooper ('68-69), you have offended me by pissing upwind.

Take a knee and a deep breath, man. Those comments are not welcome to brothers in arms.

Where were you? Thuy Hoa, Bien Hoa, An Khe, Dak To.....?

LongWire
01-17-2011, 14:33
HerdDoc,

As a former "Herd" trooper ('68-69), you have offended me by pissing upwind.

Take a knee and a deep breath, man. Those comments are not welcome to brothers in arms.

Where were you? Thuy Hoa, Bien Hoa, An Khe, Dak To.....?

He's already earned his boot.............

Dozer523
01-17-2011, 16:23
HerdDoc,Where were you? Thuy Hoa, Bien Hoa, An Khe, Dak To.....? I think he was in Poon Tang with Eddie Murphy.
And he's long gone. Probably bothering those people on the sno-mobile site with his ghost stories.

1stindoor
01-26-2011, 13:47
I missed all the fun, I'm going to bed.

You think you missed all the fun...I JUST found this thread! I usually gloss over the threads concerning the other groups.

500 Proof
10-09-2012, 00:04
I'm a little skeptical because of his left-wing take on foreign policy with iraq, but I don't know. Special forces? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8rbHwMXMT8

blue02hd
10-09-2012, 03:36
I'm a little skeptical because of his left-wing take on foreign policy with iraq, but I don't know. Special forces? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8rbHwMXMT8

Why do you think he is not? Not all SF share the same ideology. If he has experiences that lead to his posting a You Tube video, then he has absolutely every right to do so. For you, a guest , to post his opinion in the Poser, Frauds section of our house is a little bit over the line for me. Do you have proof he is not what he claims or do you just not like his message?

Thoughts?

Richard
10-09-2012, 08:46
SG was a 3rd Group guy who became disillusioned over the Haiti mission.

Richard

VVVV
10-09-2012, 09:03

You should be given a "time out" for not checking the facts before posting.

ZonieDiver
10-09-2012, 13:25
You should be given a "time out" for not checking the facts before posting.

Now there is a hell of an idea! We need a "Time-Out Room"! Those persons TS or someone tells NOT to post for 48 hours, or whatever, can be placed there... for all to see!

Is there a way we can make them sit in an uncomfortable chair, and face the corner? :D

500 Proof
10-09-2012, 14:46