PDA

View Full Version : Paraglide

RetPara
01-06-2011, 06:45
Some years ago the Paraglide ran a comic strip named "ODA-69" done by Michael Bellanger, who was supposed to be in 5th Grp. Hobbit Hobby used to sell Christmas cards and prints he also did. I still have some of the prints.

Is he around here or does anyone know what became of him. I asked the lady who owns HH once and she said that he stopped coming in with his material.

SF_BHT
01-06-2011, 08:48
I just talked to him the other day. He is in FL still kicking around...... He had great posters of SF team members and I loved the XMas cards.... Got some here still.

The Reaper
01-06-2011, 08:57
I just talked to him the other day. He is in FL still kicking around...... He had great posters of SF team members and I loved the XMas cards.... Got some here still.

Can you get him to drop by PS.com for a visit?

TR

wet dog
01-06-2011, 09:19
Some years ago the Paraglide ran a comic strip named "ODA-69" done by Michael Bellanger, who was supposed to be in 5th Grp. Hobbit Hobby used to sell Christmas cards and prints he also did. I still have some of the prints.

Is he around here or does anyone know what became of him. I asked the lady who owns HH once and she said that he stopped coming in with his material.

I was looking for those cards awhile back, any chance they can be posted here for others to enjoy?

Dusty
01-06-2011, 09:32

If you don't mind, (if you run into him again), tell him I'd like to buy one of the MFF/Front Toward Enemy prints, and one of the prints showing the SOT shooters rappelling down the building. We had both at Weapons Branch back in the '80's, I believe.

The Reaper
01-06-2011, 09:40
IIRC, the pieces are all copyrighted, and are his intellectual property.

Any copies or postings would have to be cleared by him, hence, the hope he would post them himself here.

He is a talented artist with a unique perspective, I would be happy to buy cards, prints, etc. directly from him if he were selling them.

TR

mojaveman
01-06-2011, 09:43
Back in the day he used to sell his artwork out of the trunk of his car in front of the old 5th Group barracks on Gruber Rd. Never bought anything back then but would like to now. Hope he shows up here.

glebo
01-06-2011, 09:45
Those were some classic prints. Wouldn't mind having/buying a few of them now...:D

Dusty
01-06-2011, 10:09
Bound to be an 18F on the forum who'd be able to find him...:munchin

wet dog
01-06-2011, 11:33
IIRC, the pieces are all copyrighted, and are his intellectual property.

Any copies or postings would have to be cleared by him, hence, the hope he would post them himself here.

He is a talented artist with a unique perspective, I would be happy to buy cards, prints, etc. directly from him if he were selling them.

TR

Agreed, to be enjoyed here at PS.com, non-downloadable versions but viewable.

Requiem
01-06-2011, 16:26
Someone recently posted a few of his cards on socnet.

I'd love to see more.

-Susan