PDA

View Full Version : NQP 20th Group training partner

jayman1869
01-05-2011, 18:03
Hey guys!

I live in the Valrico area which is between Tampa and Plant City.
I am currently in the Florida National Guard. I am also looking to make a move and am looking into the 20th group. If anyone in my area is looking to train, I workout 5-6 days a week, to include Crossfit, running and rucking. I'm open to new ideas but most importantly looking to train hard. Feel free to PM if interested.

"Chance favors the prepared mind"

Dalik
01-24-2011, 04:52
Gentlemen,

I live in Leesburg, VA area. I'm too getting ready for SF. If anyone is interested in training, please PM me.
Thank you,
Stay SAFE!

JoelBlack
01-24-2011, 09:43
I live in Lafayette, La and will be doing SFAD with 19th Group in San Antonio. If anyone in the area is looking for a training partner please send me a PM so we can coordinate training. Thanks!

nw44451
01-26-2011, 08:45
Dalik-

PM sent.

nw44451
02-01-2011, 17:29
Didn't want to start a new thread just for this.

ANYONE IN THE DC/VA/MD AREA HAVE A FIX ON SOME ROPES? (to climb)

lindy
02-01-2011, 19:53
Didn't want to start a new thread just for this.

ANYONE IN THE DC/VA/MD AREA HAVE A FIX ON SOME ROPES? (to climb)

I know where some are in the Glen Arm area. :D

nw44451
02-02-2011, 07:15
I know where some are in the Glen Arm area. :D

Talked to the folks up there, and until I'm ready to sign on the dotted line they'd rather I don't monkey around on their stuff, fall, and force them to bury my body in the woods. :D

airbornediver
02-19-2011, 10:57
I'm in the Raleigh area if anyone wants a training partner. Ruckin at Umstead is a good way to get broken off with a quickness.

Solar
02-19-2011, 21:15
In the Central Florida area. Training at the moment consists of crossfit, runs varying from 200m-3200m, and lots of pushups/situps Monday-Friday. If anyone is looking for a place to train, I got a good crossfit setup and lots of spare time. Plus, I think training with someone that has the same goal would benefit us both.

americanfighter
03-04-2011, 20:00
Working hard everyday. :lifter I will help you train if you live within North Georgia.

Surgicalcric
03-05-2011, 00:47
Working hard everyday. :lifter I will help you train if you live within North Georgia.

How about you stick to training MMA and leave training guys for SFAS/SFRE to those who know a lil more about what it takes to be successful.

Now, if your desire was to, "train with" someone getting ready for SFRE that would be an entirely different situation... :munchin

Also, your intro post wasn't to standard. Try it again.

Crip

chemical cookie
03-05-2011, 22:27
How about you stick to training MMA and leave training guys for SFAS/SFRE to those who know a lil more about what it takes to be successful.

Now, if your desire was to, "train with" someone getting ready for SFRE that would be an entirely different situation... :munchin

Also, your intro post wasn't to standard. Try it again.

Crip

American Fighter its a good idea to heed the advice. It seems as though your intentions were well but it does take someone who has been there done that and has a solid understanding of the Selection process to train someone for the rigors of it.

Former0311
03-10-2011, 09:54
Living in the Jax, FL area if anyone is around here and needs a training partner. There's a few crossfit gyms in the area which is nice, but haven't run into anyone else interested in SF. Been digesting Get Selected! and a couple other books I've heard have some pretty good information. Broke my thumb a couple weeks ago which has put a small damper on my weights and such, but can still run, hike, etc. Feel free to send me a PM if you're in the area.

whiskeySierra
03-16-2011, 06:05
Charlotte NC (University City)

Trying to get together some guys to ruck/land nav. I also run 5-10k almost everyday, if anyone wants to join. PM me.

americanfighter
04-09-2011, 13:08
I work hard everyday. :lifter I will train alongside anyone who is serious in succeeding at SFAS.

wet dog
04-09-2011, 14:03
I work hard everyday. :lifter I will train alongside anyone who is serious in succeeding at SFAS.

AF -

You now have my attention.

Return to your intro post and apply a bit more effort, say equal to your workout regimen.

Also, loose the male bravado, and any inclination of "suducing women" in your profile. We, the men of Special Forces, hold the plight of women and children world wide as one of our sacred goals to liberate opression wherever we see it. We certainly will not allow it in our house.

Wet Dog

p.s., Surgicalcric on 3-4-11 told you also, make it happen.

Ambush Master
04-09-2011, 14:11
AF -

You now have my attention.

Return to your intro post and apply a bit more effort, say equal to your workout regimen.

Also, loose the male bravado, and any inclination of "suducing women" in your profile. We, the men of Special Forces, hold the plight of women and children world wide as one of our sacred goals to liberate opression wherever we see it. We certainly will not allow it in our house.

Wet Dog

p.s., Surgicalcric on 3-4-11 told you also, make it happen.

TRUST ME!!!!

My Warning Shots Are Through The Left Temple!!!

Later
Martin

greenberetTFS
04-09-2011, 14:33
TRUST ME!!!!

My Warning Shots Are Through The Left Temple!!!

Later
Martin

Totally concur with AM,WD and Crip you got off on the wrong side with that original post..........:(

Big Teddy :munchin

americanfighter
04-09-2011, 17:19
I understand, I came off as an unconcerned buffoon. I have adapted and made the necessary changes that were asked. No disrespect intended. I know I'm a great guy, and can be a valuable member of PS.com

Thanks for taking the time and letting me know I should correct my antics.

AmericanFighter

wet dog
04-09-2011, 19:52
Thanks for taking the time and letting me know I should correct my antics.

AmericanFighter

AF -

I received you PM, course correction accepted.

Read, study, enjoy your time at PS.com

WD

Foggy Bottom
08-16-2011, 15:55
Looking for a training buddy in the New York / Manhattan area.

Don't know good areas to ruck. I haven't had the nerve to do it in central park as I'd look like a crazy man.

RobertJordan
08-17-2011, 06:03
Looking for a training buddy in the New York / Manhattan area.

Don't know good areas to ruck. I haven't had the nerve to do it in central park as I'd look like a crazy man.

I had similar reservations before I started rucking, as the easiest option for me is to train right on the National Mall in D.C. I found that 80% of people don't even notice, 10% smile, and 10% look puzzled. Central Park is scenic and has several route options - I'd say go for it.

Have you thought of other places to go on weekends? You should have some good options in the Palisades over in NJ and I believe there is also a trail that runs through Fort Washington/Fort Tryon/Van Cortlandt parks.

Foggy Bottom
08-17-2011, 16:29
I had similar reservations before I started rucking, as the easiest option for me is to train right on the National Mall in D.C. I found that 80% of people don't even notice, 10% smile, and 10% look puzzled. Central Park is scenic and has several route options - I'd say go for it.

Have you thought of other places to go on weekends? You should have some good options in the Palisades over in NJ and I believe there is also a trail that runs through Fort Washington/Fort Tryon/Van Cortlandt parks.

Thanks, think I'll give Jersey a shot.

(did you mean Fort Lee?)

RobertJordan
08-18-2011, 05:54
Thanks, think I'll give Jersey a shot.

(did you mean Fort Lee?)

Fort Washington/Tryon are historic sites on the northern end of Manhattan, along the Hudson. Van Cortlandt Park is in the Bronx. I believe they are all connected by trails.

Intel Cop
08-18-2011, 10:49
Foggy,

If you have a car, the Mohonk Trail in New Paltz is a great place to ruck with tons of trails. If you want some sand to challenge you, the Pine Barrens in South Jersey has thousands of miles of trails, literally. Also, the Greenbelt on Staten Island, where you will likely run into other people doing the same thing. If you are looking for some decent hills, the Greenbelt is probably your best bet. Another place worth trying is Prospect Park in Brooklyn, some great trails there and even a few good hills.

BOfH
08-18-2011, 11:02
Bear Mountain (Palisades Pkwy., exit 18, I think) has some good trails as well.

Foggy Bottom
08-18-2011, 21:40
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions!

czechsix
10-17-2011, 13:05
Looking for a training partner in the St. Louis area.

tylerbethea
11-17-2011, 19:04
Looking for a training partner in upstate SC, Northeast GA, or Western NC. I ruck 5 days a week and do cross fit. PM me if interested. Thanks!

TB

ronin210
11-18-2011, 09:57
I'm in Maryland and I'm currently using the SORB program. If anyone wants to ruck on a Saturday, just let me know.

zoolander6
11-18-2011, 17:09
Hey guys!

I live in the Valrico area which is between Tampa and Plant City.
I am currently in the Florida National Guard. I am also looking to make a move and am looking into the 20th group. If anyone in my area is looking to train, I workout 5-6 days a week, to include Crossfit, running and rucking. I'm open to new ideas but most importantly looking to train hard. Feel free to PM if interested.

"Chance favors the prepared mind"

Jay,

I could use someone to workout with. 18B/F here, certified personal trainer and certified TRX. PM if your interested, im not that far from you.

Tim

DevilDawg Coop
11-20-2011, 19:03
If anyone is on the Gulf Coast, MS,LA area message me. Im 7 weeks out.

s2kguy
11-30-2011, 21:02
I'm in the 757 area of Virginia. I try to fit about 15mi+/- a week rucking into my schedule and do a morning PT session if anyone wants to join.

d504
01-05-2012, 15:13
jayman1869, Solar, PMs sent.

americanfighter
05-28-2012, 19:59
If anyones training around central Minnesota (Aitkin to St.Cloud), and could use a training partner that will not bitch and make excuses, send a pm to my inbox.

Jersey Dirtbag
07-26-2012, 20:42
Edit: I'm attending the my first SF assessment drill with Det 2, HHD 2/20 in Glen Arm, MD on 13-14 October 2012. I'll also be attending the land navigation and SUT drill on 2-4 November, as well as a second SF assessment on 1-2 December (they require candidates to pass this sequence of evaluations before sending anyone to SFAS). I live in Hoboken, NJ and work in Manhattan. I know several relatively nearby locations which have some very hilly trails and a variety of surfaces (mud, gravel, rock, stream crossings, etc). If anyone is interested in training shoot me a PM.

quietstorm3155
01-08-2013, 14:39
Im in South Florida if anyone wants to train. If not, Ill continue on my own.

mjd23
01-08-2013, 19:32
Looking for a training partner who lives around the Southeastern PA region. Attending the 20th group SFRE at Glen Arm, Maryland in March. In dire need of hilly rucking terrain and ropes. PM me if interested.

Keating
05-01-2013, 12:23
I live in DC if anyone in the metro area wants a training partner; I'm looking for one.

calipanda23
05-22-2013, 15:37
Looking for a training partner in the Brooklyn/Manhattan area.

ronin210
06-09-2013, 06:32
Keating, PM sent.

Jdad3406
03-11-2014, 06:44
If there is anyone in the Roanoke VA Area who would like to hook up to train PM me and we can try to work on a schedule.

mtb8d
03-12-2014, 10:07
DC/AlexandriaVA NPS recruit looking for training partner and/or mentor...

Thanks

swimr235
03-21-2014, 11:06
I live in the Fort Lauderdale area in south Florida/Broward County. I currently follow Military Athlete and throw in some runs and extra bodyweight work. Looking for anyone wanting to train together.

- Nick

Cass
05-08-2014, 22:36
I live in Baton Rouge and am interested in a running and/or rucking partner.
PM me if interested.

e8319
07-24-2015, 13:36
I am interested in periodic training with anyone in the Northern VA DC region. Previous training partner moved away, once again looking for someone to ruck with.

I have water cans to add some serious grip-misery training when warranted.

Redwood
12-14-2016, 17:38
Hello gentlemen,

I live around Central Florida. I am currently doing the Military Athlete program to prepare for a coming SFRE. In addition to physical training, I attend every orienteering event my work schedule allows me to, and I also strive to absorb all of the advice from the "been there, done that" men who are currently or have been where I seek to be.

If anyone has similar goals (SFRE/SFAS) and is interested in meeting up to train and prepare, let me know via PM on here.

Dobi84
02-09-2017, 13:41
Stafford, VA here anybody want to link up. I'm currently following the 14 week Thor workout. It would be great to have someone just as motivated and determined to workout with. Hit me up please

Millercrew5
02-13-2017, 13:17
Anyone in the Greenville/New Bern area? If so let me know. Thanks

Geenie
02-12-2018, 22:07
Anybody looking for a training partner in the DC area, please feel free to reach out.