PDA

View Full Version : WTB Infantry Rifles with Regimental Numbers

NoRoadtrippin
01-05-2011, 08:57
Hey all,

I am current the Officer Assoc. President for our BN and I am looking to find crossed rifles with our BN and/or REG numbers above them. Google isn't being much help, so I thought I would put it out to the community here and see if anyone had resourced anything similar in the past?

Thanks for any tips.

Buffalobob
01-05-2011, 11:31
It might be of some help if you said what Bn or regiment numbers are of concern.

I have run such a google search several times and getting the right ones is always the problem.

NoRoadtrippin
01-06-2011, 11:24
2-153 or just 153

Richard
01-06-2011, 11:50
I'd contact these guys - they produced our brass for us when the 4th Airborne Training Battalion gained regimental affiliation and became 1-507th in 1985.

If they cannot help you, I'm not sure who else could but I'd wager they might.

http://www.iragreen.com/index.htm

Good luck.

Richard :munchin

NoRoadtrippin
01-18-2011, 08:56
Richard,

Thanks for the suggestion of Ira Green, they can definitely make them for us. Thus far I have them and one other company that says custom work can be done so that's at least a couple price points to compare.

NR

Brings me to my next line of thought though...we can already find ones with simply 153 for the regiment on them. I was initially hoping to add the 2 in some way to reflect our specific BN. Reading 670-1 it states that this is a no-go. I am curious as to whether or not anyone in this community has seen units wearing the BN in conjunction with the RGT number? Is there any precedent for it being something that is just done and not made a fuss about? Makes me think of ironing and starching BDUs. Sure looked pretty, but in reality wasn't exactly according to the regulation care/wear of that uniform.

Richard
01-18-2011, 09:57
Brings me to my next line of thought though...we can already find ones with simply 153 for the regiment on them. I was initially hoping to add the 2 in some way to reflect our specific BN. Reading 670-1 it states that this is a no-go. I am curious as to whether or not anyone in this community has seen units wearing the BN in conjunction with the RGT number? Is there any precedent for it being something that is just done and not made a fuss about? Makes me think of ironing and starching BDUs. Sure looked pretty, but in reality wasn't exactly according to the regulation care/wear of that uniform.

This is my old insignia for 1-507th that we wore ca 86-89. It is an old tradition for the Airborne units dating back to WW2.

BTW - what's an AR? ;)

Richard :munchin