PDA

View Full Version : Inotropic support for less?

Underwhelmed
12-29-2010, 20:43
Hey guys, wanted to pick your beefy brains on something real quick.

I heard some murmorings here and there about SOCM students learning ways to give Epi outside of anaphylaxis. Some of them sounded interesting, some of them sounded outrught rediculous.

Before I share some of my own ideas on how you can turn a humble epi pen into an epinephrine infusion for feedback, I was wondering if there was anything "officially" put out for inotropic support in the tactical enviroment to you SOF medics.

Can't wait to hear your responses.

John

Eagle5US
12-29-2010, 20:49
If you have a specific question...then ask it.
And do NOT post up your own ideas for "off label" use of Epi (or any other drug for that matter)

Responsibility (and LIABILITY) for folks who "read it on the internet" is no joke and potentially dangerous.

We are not in an Afghani cave complex and will not discuss "whiz bang pharmacotherapy" as if we were.

Eagle

Peregrino
12-29-2010, 21:40
Underwhelmed - You have been counseled twice for postings about medical treatment issues that fall well outside of your training/authorization to practice; once by an MD and once by a PA (both of whom are moderators for the medical areas). This is your only warning from an ADMIN. Stay within the limits of your training/authorization (follow the advice you've already received) or you won't be posting on PS.com again. If you have specific questions, address them with your supervising care provider or send a PM to one of the aforementioned moderators. There's too much idle speculation and misinformation on the internet as it is without getting us involved in you practicing medicine without a license.

Underwhelmed
12-29-2010, 23:21
Noted. I'm gonna go back to reading only. Also, incoming PM.