PDA

View Full Version : Big Cat

wet dog
12-20-2010, 12:20
Many may remember Nick Orchowski ,VP, Freedom Hunters with founder Anthony Pace at the 2010 Shot Show in Vegas last year.

Nick was invited by another organization for taking Vets on hunts. Nick landed a big cat, possibly a new record, details to follow:

http://www.myoutdoorbuddy.com/hunting_report.php?Hunting=2724

Nick a wounded vet, Iraq, 2004-2005

Good job Nick!!

PRB
12-20-2010, 15:19
Great looking cat and good on him!
Had a Mlion go across our property last year, my neighbor 'across the way' saw him. I'm told they range about a 60 mile circle from 'home' and we live at the base of the Bradshaw Mtn. Never seen one and me and my horses think that's ok btw.

badshot
12-23-2010, 03:53
That is a big one!

PRB I hunted your area (and NW of the lake) pretty heavily between 96-05 and can confidently say you have more than one crossing your property. Most lions ranges overlap with several others. Between the lake and Table Mtn/BC City is historically known as a well populated area. Besides the diverse food sources (Wild Donkeys on down) the rugged/dry country is not conductive to hound hunting. As you know, there are a lot of places back there that require a major effort to get to on foot.

Even though I tore a hernia jumping down those cliffs one evening (thought my pack had ripped) it is one of my favorite places for seeing all kinds of critters (and sunsets) with the exception of the bark scorpions getting too friendly...

Habu-MFFI 175
12-25-2010, 20:16
Thats a big old bruiser cat...nice.