PDA

View Full Version : Could this ever work?

mils
12-06-2010, 21:37
Most experts on Mexico will speak contrary to Mexico being anywhere near a collapsed state, in addition to the PAN carrying on the same policies as the PRI.

From the point of view of someone who's lost a very close friend--former US case officer that was a major hostage recovery/cartel counter signint--to the nacros, this issue has on the become a frequent idea of mine.

The major long standing issue that still exists are the narcos/traffickers. I side with the school of thought that believes the DEA is primarily a huge money pit and could be used in a better capacity. However, as I see it, if the US were to privatize the protection of the ports and borders, as to to allow for business and legitimate travel to continue. Ideally, this could be achieved by either the federal govt. or the military. I picture presence patrols circa 2007 in Iraq cleaning up the streets via death blossom. Both the Mexican government and the Mexican people do not support the ongoing trends in the border towns and nacro-refuges, if the borders were effectively closed, this would allow for a more direct effort on rooting out the bad dudes.

Could it work?

exsquid
12-07-2010, 23:53
The main problem young man is OUR (yes us, the US) endless appetite for drugs. Someone has to feed it, and the Mexicans just happen to be the closest.

x/S

ZonieDiver
12-07-2010, 23:59
Most experts on Mexico will speak contrary to Mexico being anywhere near a collapsed state, in addition to the PAN carrying on the same policies as the PRI.

From the point of view of someone who's lost a very close friend--former US case officer that was a major hostage recovery/cartel counter signint--to the nacros, this issue has on the become a frequent idea of mine.

The major long standing issue that still exists are the narcos/traffickers. I side with the school of thought that believes the DEA is primarily a huge money pit and could be used in a better capacity. However, as I see it, if the US were to privatize the protection of the ports and borders, as to to allow for business and legitimate travel to continue. Ideally, this could be achieved by either the federal govt. or the military. I picture presence patrols circa 2007 in Iraq cleaning up the streets via death blossom. Both the Mexican government and the Mexican people do not support the ongoing trends in the border towns and nacro-refuges, if the borders were effectively closed, this would allow for a more direct effort on rooting out the bad dudes.

Could it work?

To me, this speaks of people "talking out their ass"!

I once had a wise man tell me, on an SF Demo range, that an "expert" broke down as follows: "ex" = a has been. "spurt" = a drip under pressure.

While the war on drugs is a failure, the DEA is the dam that holds back the flood.

End result: the US populace lacks the will needed to solve the drug problem.

Dusty
12-08-2010, 06:45
To me, this speaks of people "talking out their ass"!

I once had a wise man tell me, on an SF Demo range, that an "expert" broke down as follows: "ex" = a has been. "spurt" = a drip under pressure.

While the war on drugs is a failure, the DEA is the dam that holds back the flood.

You nailed it, Bro.

It's just a matter of time before the Country realizes the border dilemma has progressed beyond repair; IMO, it has the potential to facilitate the complete demise of the U.S. system, and with it, the free world.

We need to consolidate all interested former Special Forces (Ret.) operators into a civilian defense group, authorize power in accordance with former rank, and plan a sustained mission to control the border with reasonable ROE's (i.e., two verbal warnings followed by a head shot.)

Pay would be commensurate with current active duty rates.

(Light-pink font unavailable.)

mils
12-08-2010, 17:32
Dusty, my curiosity is for that exact reason... ;)

The llc, the infrastructure, resources, etc. are all there and currently in use, just not in this capacity; heavily in Mexico, yet proportionally throughout SA. This is a problem that's going to need to be fixed. I'm not a xenophobe, but the border/port issue on the whole will be a major issue for the nation in the long run.

Also, I'm not a progressive, but I'm a realist. We'll never decrease the demand for drugs in this country, and dumping more money into that over combating narcos directly is ridiculous in my mind.

Dusty
12-08-2010, 17:42
Dusty, my curiosity is for that exact reason... ;)

The llc, the infrastructure, resources, etc. are all there and currently in use, just not in this capacity; heavily in Mexico, yet proportionally throughout SA. This is a problem that's going to need to be fixed. I'm not a xenophobe, but the border/port issue on the whole will be a major issue for the nation in the long run.

Also, I'm not a progressive, but I'm a realist. We'll never decrease the demand for drugs in this country, and dumping more money into that over combating narcos directly is ridiculous in my mind.

Makes sense to me.

On another note, somebody should write a novel about ex-military getting fed up and taking the border problem into their own hands.:cool:

PSM
12-08-2010, 17:58
Makes sense to me.

On another note, somebody should write a novel about ex-military getting fed up and taking the border problem into their own hands.:cool:

"FOGs Along the Border" I like it! ;)

Pat

mils
12-08-2010, 18:31
..."write a novel"...sure, a novel... :cool:

mark46th
12-14-2010, 09:08
Columbia used to be a narco state. It isn't anymore. We know how to control the problem.

perdurabo
12-14-2010, 10:27

Zonie (or anyone else with the credentials to answer),

In your mind what *is* needed to solve the problem?

ZonieDiver
12-14-2010, 12:24
Zonie (or anyone else with the credentials to answer),

In your mind what *is* needed to solve the problem?

I am not sure, short of legalization, what would do it!

I am reminded of Gen. Dreedle's remark about Maj. Danby's moan in "Catch-22": "Take that man out and shoot him."

Joe Friday
06-20-2011, 16:08
You nailed it, Bro.

It's just a matter of time before the Country realizes the border dilemma has progressed beyond repair; IMO, it has the potential to facilitate the complete demise of the U.S. system, and with it, the free world.

We need to consolidate all interested former Special Forces (Ret.) operators into a civilian defense group, authorize power in accordance with former rank, and plan a sustained mission to control the border with reasonable ROE's (i.e., two verbal warnings followed by a head shot.)

Pay would be commensurate with current active duty rates.

(Light-pink font unavailable.)

damn, that's the best solution to the problem i have heard yet! i like it;)

JJ_BPK
06-20-2011, 16:41
damn, that's the best solution to the problem i have heard yet! i like it;)

This is a six(6) month old thread.

Unless you have the ability to materially add to the discussion,, don't post.

When you do have something to add,, Use capitalization where appropriate.

:munchin

mark46th
07-09-2011, 15:36
Perdurabo- Google Pablo Escobar and Los Pepes...r