PDA

View Full Version : Suspect 10th Grouper....

Matt520
12-05-2010, 12:32
All,

Last night I came across a US Army soldier claiming to be a tabbed 10th Grouper out of Fort Carlson. What struck me as odd is that I met him at a bar, in Tucson, on a Saturday night around 8PM, while he was in ACU's minus the top. He claimed he is an 18F and was doing training at Fort Huachuca, and freely told me the exercise and how long he would be there. He also was liberal in his information sharing, telling me when (exact dates) and where he, along with his team, would be deployed (exact area). This took me by surprise, especially when he freely gave out the above-mentioned information. He also claimed to be a graduate of the Q-Course, class 5-05.

I will gladly pass on his name, along with the information regarding the deployment, if requested via PM. I am not attempting to be too critical, but wanted to inform you all, if he really is a tabbed guy, the lack of OPSEC exhibited by him.

I wish you all the very best during the Holiday Season.

Matt

wet dog
12-05-2010, 16:05
Matt -

Sorry you had to endure that. I don't see you getting that hour back, I'll make some calls, but it's not looking good.

I suggest the next time you ever talk to someone like that, is to invite them to PS.com, wish them well, grab your drink and turn your back to them.

Thanks for posting, wish I could get the last 60 sec. back. Shit.

All,

Last night I came across a US Army soldier claiming to be a tabbed 10th Grouper out of Fort Carlson. What struck me as odd is that I met him at a bar, in Tucson, on a Saturday night around 8PM, while he was in ACU's minus the top. He claimed he is an 18F and was doing training at Fort Huachuca, and freely told me the exercise and how long he would be there. He also was liberal in his information sharing, telling me when (exact dates) and where he, along with his team, would be deployed (exact area). This took me by surprise, especially when he freely gave out the above-mentioned information. He also claimed to be a graduate of the Q-Course, class 5-05.

I will gladly pass on his name, along with the information regarding the deployment, if requested via PM. I am not attempting to be too critical, but wanted to inform you all, if he really is a tabbed guy, the lack of OPSEC exhibited by him.

I wish you all the very best during the Holiday Season.

Matt

Off Road
12-05-2010, 17:06
Matt,

Private in the National Guard - not an SF NCO. His AKO lists his current duties as "10th Special Forces Division" and his address is a local address in Tucson. Sounds like a verbal poser.

Thanks,
Off Road

Richard
12-05-2010, 17:27
Matt,

You need to go to the nearest NG unit and report the guy to his CofC.

Richard :munchin

Matt520
12-05-2010, 17:29
I just sent him a message via AKO. Hopefully he will learn from this. Thanks for the follow-up too.

--Private,

I met you at the Sports Bar and Grill last night in Tucson, where you began to tell me how you were a tabbed, 10th SF Soldier. Why did you lie? Were you hoping that me, or some other individual might buy you a beer? You are lucky you were not in your ACU top either. Also, are you in regulation while sitting at a bar, while in uniform, during a weekend as a private?!

I hope you understand that the information you willingly told me is a serious matter, especially regarding any and all deployments, factual or not. You must be mindful of OPSEC, as I'm confident you have been taught the importance of it.

Unfortunately for you, your name has been passed on to 10th Group as a SF poser and wannabe, as well as to those at Fort Huachuca. I invite you to visit www.ProfessionalSoldiers.com, which is an informative website about SF, but more importantly monitored and moderated by SF. At least you could get your facts straight if continuing to play "pretend SF".

Stop pretending to be someone you are not, work on your humility, and pray the only consequence of your actions will be extra PT and/or cleaning detail.

Matt

Matt520
12-05-2010, 17:46
Richard,

Will do.

Matt

Matt520
12-06-2010, 17:49
All,

It turns out that Nathaniel MacDonald was discharged from the National Guard a year or so ago, due to going AWOL. I spoke with a Staff Sergeant at the National Guard here in AZ and he stated MacDonald was nothing but trouble. Hopefully they will run it up their chain and some type of resolution can be made, or at least attempted with this clown.

Matt

aegisnavy
12-06-2010, 18:00
I think TS should add another line item to his poser checklist:

- Walking around a bar and talking SOF smack, with your ACU trousers and no top.

Kind of like the "Top Hat and no shoes" analogy. :D

MPpatriot
12-07-2010, 11:21
WOW you guys are impressive can you do the same with the Marine Corps. I have an acquaintance who swears he has done RECON stuff mind you he is a lance cpl. It sounds like BS, oh did i mention he is a tank mechanic.

1stindoor
12-07-2010, 12:58
WOW you guys are impressive can you do the same with the Marine Corps. I have an acquaintance who swears he has done RECON stuff mind you he is a lance cpl. It sounds like BS, oh did i mention he is a tank mechanic.

That depends...was he turned over to the USMC at 12?...and out of the "program" at 18?

MVP
12-07-2010, 13:34
Matt,

PM inbound.

MVP