PDA

View Full Version : "Saving Ryan's Privates"

Dusty
12-03-2010, 17:54
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/12/03/saving-ryans-privates/?test=faces

Improvised explosives in Afghanistan can lead to life-changing injuries to the lower body, warns BCB International -- hence the need for bomb-proof boxers.
The right pair of underpants will keep you comfortable -- and maybe even save your life.

A British manufacturer has unveiled bombproof boxer shorts that it claims can save the lives of soldiers in Afghanistan by protecting their vital organs from improvised explosive devices (IEDs).

The lightweight shorts are worn under normal combat gear, reports the British tabloid The Sun, and protect soldiers where standard-issue body armor does not. Andrew Howell, head of BCB International, which developed the clothing, told the Sun he thinks the shorts can save lives.

"We believe they will make a real difference," Howell said.

BCB's website claims that on a 10-mile run, the Blast Boxers did not cause undue discomfort, and that the shorts are currently being tested out with a number of European ministries of defense. Representatives of the company did not respond to FoxNews.com requests for comment.

Snip-

Requiem
12-03-2010, 20:28
"Blast Boxers"

Do they work against internal as well as external blasts? :D:p

Sorry. Protecting one's privates is no laughing matter. I hope the boxers do their job.

Susan

Dozer523
12-03-2010, 22:28
reminds me of the "evaluation comments" from some silly ass thing we tested years ago.
"Functions as described. 60 pounds of light-weight equipment still weighs 60 pounds."

I suspect "undue discomfort" is open to personal definition..

Masochist
12-03-2010, 23:33
"Are those bomb-proof boxers in your pants, or are you just happy to see me, soldier? At ease ..."