PDA

View Full Version : LWRC 10.5" UPPER RECEIVER ONLY


trunkmonkey
11-30-2010, 22:08
I am sellig a LWRC 10.5" Upper receiver assembly. Since an upper receiver is a weapon part it is not a Class III weapon therefore I can mail or deliver it to you. This upper has 200 rnds through it.

PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle
Phantom muzzle break

Asking Price is $1000

I am looking for a XD40 Sub Compact, USP45

WARNING: If you attach this upper receiver to a lower without first doing all ATF paperwork it is an illegal weapon.

Papa Zero Three
12-01-2010, 11:58
How old is this upper receiver, is it a A3 model?

If you could post some pictures of it that would be great.

trunkmonkey
12-01-2010, 20:56
It is about 18 months old and an M6A2. I will post pictures as soon as I find a camera.

trunkmonkey
12-03-2010, 11:29
Ok here are some pictures. By the way I am no photographer.

CSB
12-03-2010, 16:51
WARNING WARNING WARNING

While there is a U.S. Supreme Court ruling to the contrary, the B.A.T.F.E. jackass in your area might hold to the position that having the short barrel in the same zip code as a lower receiver with a butt stock = a "short barrel rifle" which requires an ATF-1 (fingerprints, photographs, etc.) and a $200 tax.

Once they seize it, even if no criminal charges result, it will cost you over a year of time and a hefty chunk of change in legal fees to try and get it back.

If you get it back.

Just saying.

hairy
03-26-2011, 12:48
This item still on the block?

trunkmonkey
03-28-2011, 10:50
The item is SOLD. The wife sold it during my government sponsored vacation.

kgoerz
03-28-2011, 15:14
WARNING WARNING WARNING

While there is a U.S. Supreme Court ruling to the contrary, the B.A.T.F.E. jackass in your area might hold to the position that having the short barrel in the same zip code as a lower receiver with a butt stock = a "short barrel rifle" which requires an ATF-1 (fingerprints, photographs, etc.) and a $200 tax.

Once they seize it, even if no criminal charges result, it will cost you over a year of time and a hefty chunk of change in legal fees to try and get it back.

If you get it back.

Just saying.

Are you serious about the Zip code thing?

CSB
03-28-2011, 17:16
The "same zip code" was an exaggeration, but the premise is true:

What about on the same workbench?
What about in the same trunk of the car?
What about with a removable buttstock (leaving the buffer tube)
creating a 10.5" barrel "pistol" but the rest of the buttstock is in
the same kitbag and can be readily snapped on?

The answer is:

If they want, the ATF can seize it, then force you to file a claim in federal court
to try and get it back. You, of course, have to pay a $250 cash deposit in advance
to cover court costs, then hire an attorney, and hope that maybe a year
later a jury decides that it didn't qualify (at least in its disassembled state)
as a "Short Barrel Rifle."

And all of the above assumes that they don't decide to play hardball and indict you
in federal court for an NFA (National Firearms Act) violation. Hey, at least if you
are poor and in jail awaiting trial you will probably qualify for a free federal
public defender.

35NCO
03-29-2011, 06:00
Why don’t we start an NFA/GCA/FOPA thread that discusses these laws in more detail, not as strait legal advice, but as, this is the no s**t way how you do this or else you will go to jail. I know that it is all over the net, but most of it is really bad advice. Would be good to have a fresh, honest, and factual thread based on the real laws and past court convictions.

CSB,
You are exactly right in everything you stated. There have been cases of "intent to assemble a SBR, SBS, AOW, DD and machineguns." Another interesting new one is "constructive possession". Having your NFA items in the same house as family members but registered to you as an individual. Your family members legally should not be allowed access to the safe! My NFA lawyer told me that one. Now I have a NFA trust with everyone’s name on it.

-SA failed, of course your right, you are a Criminal Defense Attorney! Respectfully, I sincerely apologize Sir.

hairy
04-08-2011, 15:12
It was just going to stay in my locker at pd till I got the tax stamp....

mdpatterson
04-13-2011, 22:45
Why don’t we start an NFA/GCA/FOPA thread that discusses these laws in more detail, not as strait legal advice

I'm no lawyer, but do have extensive knowledge on NFA laws and how they work in the real world (Boy did I learn a lot this last year on how much I didn't know........not at my expense luckily).

Always looking to learn more and contribute anything I can. Obviously this is up to TS and the MOD's, but I'm in.

Mike