PDA

View Full Version : Man sue's parents of child he killed with his car

500 Proof
11-30-2010, 14:48
http://www.wfsb.com/news/25801245/detail.html

greenberetTFS
11-30-2010, 15:01
This is f**king unbelievable,his court costs are free but the parents have to pay additional costs to their attorney.....:mad::(:eek:

Big Teddy :munchin

Masochist
11-30-2010, 16:45
After the conviction, the boy's parents sued Weaving for $15,000 for negligence.

Weaving, in a handwritten counter-suit, is asking for the same amount, claiming he suffered mental and emotional pain and suffering.

Good argument. :rolleyes: The "mental and emotional pain" was caused by your own actions. So if he was wearing a helmet and you killed him, you'd be able to sleep well at night?

When will there be a blanket law preventing @sshats who hurt themselves (physically, mentally or otherwise) in the commission of a crime from counter suing? If you weren't doing the criminal act in the first place, the rest would have never happened. That argument from my parents worked for me as a kid, and prevented me (mostly) from doing stupid things later down the road.

echoes
11-30-2010, 16:51
trying to fake-out his guilt by blaming the parents... don't worry too much it won't go anywhere.

Agree 100% with 550 girl, but am not a lawyer.

Agree with Big Teddy too, UN-F***inkg Believable!!!:confused:

Just my .02, I mean, Really???

Holly

Gypsy
11-30-2010, 18:10
Weaving, in a handwritten counter-suit, is asking for the same amount, claiming he suffered mental and emotional pain and suffering.

Why, because he's a stupid jackass?

echoes
11-30-2010, 18:14
Why, because he's a stupid jackass?

Very well said, Gypsy!!!!!:munchin

Holly---->Currently very P.O.'d by Stupid Fu**ing people!

wet dog
12-01-2010, 13:17
First: doesn't seem like he has a lawyer for his counter-suit otherwise it wouldn't have been handwritten. Second: he would have to prove that the boy would have lived had he been wearing a helmet....unlikely considering jackass hit the boy doing 84. Third: to prove the second would require a whole lotta expert medical testimony...which requires a whole lotta money....something that (see First) it appears the jackwagon doesn't have.

And then even if all those things were to happen...the jury would still have to buy it, and I just don't think-- despite my general cynicism--- they are going to get that many stupid, uncaring people in the same room at the same time.

I think it's funny when a lawyer uses the word "jackwagon" to describe a person.

550, you're ok in my book.

But don't disregard what a room full of stupid people can do. The total number of stupid ideas all started with idiots saying, "Wouldn't it be cool if,.....?".

rubberneck
12-01-2010, 16:16
The guy was doing 83 mph in a 45 mph zone when he ran the kid down and he is now trying to make the case that the kid died because he wasn't wearing a bicycle helmet.:rolleyes:

CombatMuffin
12-02-2010, 09:32
At first I thought it was going to be one of those cases where the title is outrageous, but upon reading it starts making sense. This is not one of those.

I mean, let's say this kid has a helmet on, and he survives the impact. Its irrelevant! That boy was going to get hurt anyway, and probably permanently, helmet or not.

So maybe the driver is feeling regret, and is suffering: nothing compared to what the parents, friends and loved ones who knew and cherished that boy´s company are feeling.

While his chances would have been better, even if a person is hit at 45mph, you will most likely not come out of it very healthy(or alive)... its just how physics work. Let alone a boy, and at 83mph. Helmet, or no helmet.

Santo Tomas
12-02-2010, 10:00
Jackwagon! Maybe the color yellow makes him sad.

What a popsicle.

spherojon
12-02-2010, 16:30
This is f**king unbelievable,his court costs are free but the parents have to pay additional costs to their attorney.....:mad::(:eek:

Big Teddy :munchin
Well, hopefully they find it to be "frivolous litigation" so the costs go on him. Then again, his main argument that the kid should have been wearing a helmet has no bearing when a helmet isn't going to save you when you get hit going 84 mph in a 45 mph zone...he could just be doing this lawsuit to be a dick.

500 Proof
12-03-2010, 02:35
he could just be doing this lawsuit to be a dick.

This.

Counsel
12-03-2010, 11:19
First: doesn't seem like he has a lawyer for his counter-suit otherwise it wouldn't have been handwritten. Second: he would have to prove that the boy would have lived had he been wearing a helmet....unlikely considering jackass hit the boy doing 84. Third: to prove the second would require a whole lotta expert medical testimony...which requires a whole lotta money....something that (see First) it appears the jackwagon doesn't have.

True. I would bet that this gets dismissed soon.