PDA

View Full Version : Firearms training with Mike Pannone

Dozer
11-29-2010, 14:27
I've been looking at some classes offered by Mike Pannone, but haven't been able to find any course reviews.

Can anyone offer some feedback on his training or courses?

Dozer
12-02-2010, 14:31
I'm sorry to belabor this thread, but I figured someone here would know something of Mike Pannone and his training. According to his bio he is an ex-Special Forces member. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Pannone is a former operational member of U.S. Marine Force Reconnaissance, U.S. Army Special Forces, and specially selected elements of the Joint Special Operations Command. He has participated in stabilization, combat, and high risk protection operations in support of U.S. policies throughout the word as both an active duty military member, and a civilian contractor.

During his military career, Mr. Pannone was the Distinguished Honor Graduate of a Level 1 SOTIC held at Ft Bragg.

mcarey
12-03-2010, 09:35
He is who he says he is. Can't comment on his training, as I have never observed or participated in his classes.

Bettendorf
12-03-2010, 20:20
He works and/or did work for Viking Tactical. They put on classes for various SF units. I attended a 5 day long course a couple of years ago with fellow SF members. He is who he says he is and he is fast and accurate with a pistol and rifle.

The Reaper
12-03-2010, 20:42
Viking is a good outfit, owned by a retired SF SGM who is very good with a gun.

I doubt Kyle has too many slackers working for him.

TR

perdurabo
12-04-2010, 00:09
he is fast and accurate with a pistol and rifle.

Yes but how fast is his El Presidente?? :lifter

18C4V
12-04-2010, 00:56
I think he came out and taught "shoothouse instructor" in Jan 2010. I sent three of my guys to that class. I'll ask the guys who went if they remember the name of the instructor.

I've taken five of thier VTAC classes and all of them were taught by different instructors to include a few by Kyle himself. All of his staff was top notch.

Bettendorf
12-04-2010, 20:57
Yes but how fast is his El Presidente?? :lifter

I don't think I saw him do an "El Presidente". You can found videos from VTAC on youtube of some of the shooting drills that they created or use in their training. If anyone needs some new shooting drills, I recommend checking out their vids.

Dozer
12-06-2010, 13:02
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Since posting this, I have had several folks (in addition to the ones here) let me know that they think training with Mike will be time well spent.

Richard
12-06-2010, 14:07
If this is Professional Development for teachers in your district, I'd be looking for a job in another district. ;) :D

Richard :munchin

MDB
12-16-2010, 17:59
If I may add... Mike Pannone's M4 handbook is a must-have for a range bag or for use as a simple reference.

http://www.vikingtactics.com/handbooks1.html