PDA

View Full Version : Bass on the Fly

Habu-MFFI 175
11-22-2010, 13:06
Hit the woods at 0600am this morning to see about harvesting a deer. Sat until about 9am and called it a morning. At the barn I saw my fly box and had a brain storm.. :eek:

Grabbed the flyrod and headed to the ponds about 11am. I tied on a brown stimulator.....they ate it up. Decided to try something in green, since that's a pretty good color for a fly. They ate it also. After a few fish I switched off to a orange. Same drill...they hammered em.

I caught about 20 small bass and bream, not bad for a sunny fall lunch break. Here is the link to some of the pics of the morning.

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z250/bshobbs/Bass%20on%20the%20Fly/

When it opens .. right above the pics you will see....View in Slide Show...click on that for best views.

Enjoy

<*)))))>{

1stindoor
11-22-2010, 13:13
Nice. I went this past Saturday to Sharon Harris, caught a couple of small ones, below the slot...threw 'em back. I'm a firm believer that any day at the lake beats one anywhere else.

JJ_BPK
11-22-2010, 13:25
Way to go.. :lifter:lifter

I would have thought that the water temp would be cooling off the bite by now??

:D

farcefiasco
11-22-2010, 21:29

craigepo
11-23-2010, 08:36
My uncle and some friends wait until firearms deer season in Missouri every year, and go rent cabins on the Buck Creek arm of Bull Shoals lake. Really good spinnerbait weather. Those guys catch their best fish of the year during deer season.

1stindoor
11-23-2010, 09:01
I go year round, but I like the cooler weather in the late fall/early winter just because the fish don't get as much pressure and I don't have to worry about jet skiers, water skiers, party barges, etc.

Habu-MFFI 175
11-23-2010, 18:21
Now is a great time for catching all different species of fish. The cold hasn't settled in yet in eastern NC and they are feeding up for the winter. :D

Gonna try em tomorrow with the 5wt. Maybe hang one of those beast bass that lure in these ponds.

airborneFSO
11-26-2010, 19:37
Looks like you had a great time....and I see your "guard dog" waiting his turn to jump in the water!