PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Dietz print

Stras
11-14-2010, 01:30
All,

I'm looking for the James Dietz print for Operation Just Cause titled "Energetically We Lead the Way".

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Tatonka316
11-14-2010, 04:35
Hi Stras!

I know the JFK Special Warfare Museum Gift Shop used to have several Dietz prints. Fire off a PM to me if you want me to contact them about it for you.

molon labe:lifter

Richard
11-14-2010, 05:38
Not an easy print to find - have you seen this one?

"When Negotiations Fail" by Druet for $150

Print depicts scene of Army Rangers in Panama during Operation Just Cause. The United States invaded Panama in order to depose Panamanian military leader Manuel Noriega, whom the U.S. accused of laundering drug money, selling restricted U.S. technology, and who had interfered with Panamanian democratic elections as well. The Rangers conducted airborne assaults on Panamanian targets including Torrijos-Tocumen International Airport, Rio Hato Military Airfield, and then Noriega's beach house. They then carried out special operations in support of Joint Task Force (South).

http://www.militaryprints.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Druet%2D0001&cat=52

SF_BHT
11-14-2010, 06:30
Try these people. This print is hard to get and they may be able to find one. It will cost more than what we paid for it years ago. I hope

http://www.artomania.com/limitededitiondetails.asp?id=85250

I will keep looking, I have a friend that sell art and ask them to check their contacts. Will let you know if we have any joy,..........

Mr Furious
11-14-2010, 08:15
Stras, It doesn't look like the direct website has them in stock...I haven't called them. Let me know if you want me to try tomorrow from here in the states for you.

Here's the link with the print and contact info: http://www.jamesdietz.com/gallery/merchant.ihtml?pid=57&lastcatid=10&step=4

The Reaper
11-14-2010, 09:50
Contact Dietz or his studio and explain to them who you are and what happened.

If you can prove that you had print #X of Y, and it was destroyed in the warehouse fire, they may be willing to help you out.

Can't hurt to ask.

TR

Stras
11-15-2010, 02:49
Not an easy print to find - have you seen this one?

"When Negotiations Fail" by Druet for $150

Print depicts scene of Army Rangers in Panama during Operation Just Cause. The United States invaded Panama in order to depose Panamanian military leader Manuel Noriega, whom the U.S. accused of laundering drug money, selling restricted U.S. technology, and who had interfered with Panamanian democratic elections as well. The Rangers conducted airborne assaults on Panamanian targets including Torrijos-Tocumen International Airport, Rio Hato Military Airfield, and then Noriega's beach house. They then carried out special operations in support of Joint Task Force (South).

http://www.militaryprints.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Druet%2D0001&cat=52

Richard,

"When Negotiations Fail" was the Grenada print with the daylight combat jump.

All,

Thanks for the leads in my search.

Luckily I have photos of my print in the "before the fire" phase.

Stras

Stras
11-24-2010, 00:12
Just got a response back from the Dietz website in regards to this print. Still awaiting responses from the others.

"I am sorry to hear off the loss of your print in a fire. It is one of the most sought after prints and almost impossible to find. We have only seen or had one in the last 8 years. You can try using all of the internet search engines to see if the title will bring something up. If you are lucky enough to find one it will probably cost at least $1200. "

Gentlemen, we have a mission.... Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

cszakolczai
11-24-2010, 01:27
Just got a response back from the Dietz website in regards to this print. Still awaiting responses from the others.

"I am sorry to hear off the loss of your print in a fire. It is one of the most sought after prints and almost impossible to find. We have only seen or had one in the last 8 years. You can try using all of the internet search engines to see if the title will bring something up. If you are lucky enough to find one it will probably cost at least $1200. "

Email these guys, they might be able to track one down for you. I'll make a request to an art dealer by me as well. He seems to be good at what he does, maybe he'll come up with something.

Something else which sometimes producers favorable results when looking for rare items... find a dealer or regular joe on ebay. I find that there are a lot of people out there with a lot of amazing items which they were going to list in the future and which can be intercepted. Look for patterns in peoples selling and you may get lucky, just send questions to anyone and everyone you may think has it. I usually strike out 9 out of 10 times, but it recently paid off for me.

Best of luck

JJ_BPK
11-24-2010, 05:40
All,

I'm looking for the James Dietz print for Operation Just Cause titled "Energetically We Lead the Way".

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Stras

There are a couple(237) auctions on ebay:

http://desc.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=%22James+Dietz%22&_sacat=0&_odkw=Dietz+Energetically&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=1

Not what you want but it looks like a good start..

Good Luck
J

The Reaper
11-24-2010, 09:32

And that is why we do not buy Dietz prints.

TR

Stras
11-24-2010, 09:49

Email these guys, they might be able to track one down for you. I'll make a request to an art dealer by me as well. He seems to be good at what he does, maybe he'll come up with something.

Something else which sometimes producers favorable results when looking for rare items... find a dealer or regular joe on ebay. I find that there are a lot of people out there with a lot of amazing items which they were going to list in the future and which can be intercepted. Look for patterns in peoples selling and you may get lucky, just send questions to anyone and everyone you may think has it. I usually strike out 9 out of 10 times, but it recently paid off for me.

Best of luck

Thanks,
Currently awaiting a response from them.

Saoirse
11-24-2010, 22:07
Stras, I contacted a friend of mine who has had a LOT of dealings with Dietz personally. He is going to shoot him an email tomorrow on your behalf, so hopefully we should hear something by the end of the weekend. Not making any promises but just wanted to let you know that I put a strong feeler out for ya! I hope this happens for you!

~Angie

lonewolf726
11-25-2010, 03:44
Stras,
You could contact my ex-wife#2 and see if she'll sell you mine. If you tell her you hate my guts, she might even give it to you for free...:rolleyes:

Seriously though, I'll look around for you.

cszakolczai
11-26-2010, 14:48
Thanks,
Currently awaiting a response from them.

No Problem. Gonna swing by the art dealer and tell them as well.

Stras
12-04-2010, 01:58
Thanks to all who have assisted in the search.

The print ships on Mon.

There is another one available from my source. Framed $1500.

MVP
12-06-2010, 08:51
Stras,

Out of curiousity I have a couple of questions, was there any residue left of the print of frame after the fire? Have they ruled out arson to cover theft as happened in the Stuttgart warehouse fire of 1992?

MVP

Razor
12-08-2010, 15:42
It is one of the most sought after prints and almost impossible to find. We have only seen or had one in the last 8 years. You can try using all of the internet search engines to see if the title will bring something up. If you are lucky enough to find one it will probably cost at least $1200. "

Boy, I'm sure glad they have the business acumen to not print any more, given the high demand that might possibly generate profits from expanded sales. Wouldn't want that.

The Reaper
12-08-2010, 15:58
Boy, I'm sure glad they have the business acumen to not print any more, given the high demand that might possibly generate profits from expanded sales. Wouldn't want that.

Serialized number of prints in a limited edition.

Most artists keep a few dozen unsigned, unnumbered extras for emergencies, defective prints, losses, etc.

Immoral, if not illegal to issue a new one, but not to reissue one with the same serial number.

To not take care of a vet with a claim is bad business, IMHO.

TR

Matt Larsen
12-14-2010, 14:19
If that print is still available from your sorce, I am interested. mlcombatives@gmail.com