PDA

View Full Version : Great story aired on Fox News yesterday

hjcook
11-12-2010, 17:48
The story of a fellow SF soldier, who at great risk to his own life prevented my beret from becoming a VC souvenir. Enjoy:cool:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4414454/incredible-reunion-42-years-in-the-making/

CoLawman
11-12-2010, 18:32
Thanks for sharing this Colonel! What an amazing reunion that had to be.

JJ_BPK
11-13-2010, 04:46
Great story Col Cook,, I wish you and Jim Salaga many years of fellowship...

:D:lifter:D

SF_BHT
11-13-2010, 07:15
Great story Col...... Glad to hear you finally conducted your linkup.......

Ambush Master
11-13-2010, 07:26
That Reunion was at SOAR last September!! Henry, I know you!!

Green Light
11-13-2010, 07:47
Two great heroes! A great story! We're QPs because of brothers like you.

dennisw
11-13-2010, 08:12
With all the BS on TV, we finally get a story worth listening to and they cut if off. You think they could have let this interview go a little longer. Regardless, great story. 42 years is a chunk of time.

CPTAUSRET
11-13-2010, 09:07
Beautiful!:)

ZonieDiver
11-13-2010, 09:48
Great story, sir! I wish they had devoted more time to it, but am glad it got to be told at all.

Papa Zero Three
11-13-2010, 10:32
The story of a fellow SF soldier, who at great risk to his own life prevented my beret from becoming a VC souvenir. Enjoy:cool:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4414454/incredible-reunion-42-years-in-the-making/

Thats a fantastic piece, shame it couldn't have gone on longer.

akv
11-13-2010, 10:54
A wonderful story gentlemen, thank you both for your service.

greenberetTFS
11-13-2010, 15:28
Two great heroes! A great story! We're QPs because of brothers like you.

Very well stated,I completely concur............;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Gypsy
11-13-2010, 17:39
You think they could have let this interview go a little longer. .

Agreed. thanks for sharing this Colonel, what a reunion that had to have been.

kgoerz
11-13-2010, 18:57
I see the same traits in a lot of these young guys we train here. Gives me hope for our Future.

hjcook
11-13-2010, 19:00
Agreed. thanks for sharing this Colonel, what a reunion that had to have been.

There have been many comments about the reunion and rightfully so...I did not go to my first SOAR until 2007 even though I have been a SOA member for more than 30 years. After attending that first one, I vowed to never miss another as long as I am able to go. Previous to that reunion I had never experienced such a sense of brotherhood at any convention anywhere that came anywhere close to the brothers of the SOA. It was and is truly amazing to see the things that occur there in the way of fellowship and love of one another. Also, it is where many of the legends of the SF/Special Operations community are in September of each year. Who could not be in awe to be in the presence of such men?

If you are not a member of the SOA but you qualify for membership, I strongly urge you to join and attend. Also, if you have been a member and have allowed your membership to lapse, please rejoin and meet with us in Vegas.

Thank you all for allowing me to share all of this with you.

The Old Guy
11-14-2010, 05:41
What a great story and reunion, under much better circumstances. Congratulations to two great Warriors.

Gypsy
11-14-2010, 09:14
There have been many comments about the reunion and rightfully so...I did not go to my first SOAR until 2007 even though I have been a SOA member for more than 30 years. After attending that first one, I vowed to never miss another as long as I am able to go.

My wish is that you have many more opportunities to attend, Sir!

alright4u
11-14-2010, 17:24
There have been many comments about the reunion and rightfully so...I did not go to my first SOAR until 2007 even though I have been a SOA member for more than 30 years. After attending that first one, I vowed to never miss another as long as I am able to go. Previous to that reunion I had never experienced such a sense of brotherhood at any convention anywhere that came anywhere close to the brothers of the SOA. It was and is truly amazing to see the things that occur there in the way of fellowship and love of one another. Also, it is where many of the legends of the SF/Special Operations community are in September of each year. Who could not be in awe to be in the presence of such men?

If you are not a member of the SOA but you qualify for membership, I strongly urge you to join and attend. Also, if you have been a member and have allowed your membership to lapse, please rejoin and meet with us in Vegas.

I only came over for the GM meeting. Now that our SOA house is cleaned, many more should show up. I hope. We are getting older, and; we need men on this QP board to join the SOA. These men can teach us a thing or two. I had one show me I knew zip about shooting. I gladly carried his ammo, did what I could etc. I learned from that man. I valued SF for learning. These present day SF types know things I never did. We should welcome them.

rdret1
11-14-2010, 20:09
Col. Cook, congratulations on the successful completion of your quest. May you have many years of shared fellowship.

Teddy13BU6
01-29-2011, 14:21
That is what a brotherhood is made of. I got goose bumps from just listening to the story. Welcome home!

uplink5
01-29-2011, 15:08

Thank you sir, you're a true inspiration to all....jd

olhamada
01-29-2011, 16:46
Incredible story, COL Cook. Thanks for posting. Very inspirational, sir.

wet dog
01-29-2011, 18:24
Thank you Henry for the legacy, thank you for your service to this great nation.

"It's really cool having big brothers".