PDA

View Full Version : Aguardiente Cristal

Roguish Lawyer
08-18-2004, 18:36
NDD got me thinking about this stuff, so I went and bought a bottle and tried some. Perhaps it is better mixed, but I just tried sipping some straight from a shot glass.

Made in Colombia from sugar. I guess it's technically rum, but it has an anise/black licorice flavor. Really tastes like Good N Plentys!

Not my thing, but it's really not bad. Goes down smooth. Got a fifth for $15 here in LA, so it's not expensive. If you like black licorice, I'd say this is your drink.

NousDefionsDoc
08-18-2004, 19:09
Its the part that's left over at the bottom of the barrel after they make rum. Wicked hangovers because of the sugar content. You don't mix it. Its done in shots with a plate of fruit on the side to suck on. Some people squeeze a lemon into the shot glass, but that's a girl thing.

Jimbo
08-18-2004, 20:08
They have the same stuff in Costa Rica (and I imagine most CA and Northern South America countries), except it went by the coloquial name 'Guaro'.

After one not-so-memorable night I woke up in the jungle, a full 4 kms from my bunk and in a national park.

Roycroft201
08-18-2004, 23:05
Wicked hangovers because of the sugar content.

Truly wicked.

:(