PDA

View Full Version : Army Exercise Prompts Calls to Police

JJ_BPK
11-11-2010, 09:15
Very strange,, Are we being a little to PC??

Army Exercise Prompts Calls to Police
November 10, 2010
Associated Press

http://www.military.com/news/article/army-exercise-prompts-calls-to-police.html?wh=news

BERLIN - Enough with the calls: the U.S. Army is telling troops at its barracks in Kaiserslautern, Germany, to stop badgering authorities about people wandering around in "Arab attire armed with AK-47s." They're role-players in a training exercise.

In an e-mail sent around Tuesday morning and published online by Stars and Stripes, troops at the Kleber Kaserne were told thanks for the vigilance, but no thanks.

The e-mail tells troops to "please stop calling the German police, military police, and hiding in your buildings."

U.S. Army Garrison Kaiserslautern spokesman Mark Heeter confirms the validity of the e-mail, saying the role players are part of a force protection exercise.

Richard
11-11-2010, 09:22
Kleber Kaserne - home of the fightin' ( :rolleyes: ) loggie toads.

Richard's $.02 :munchin

SF-TX
11-11-2010, 09:28
Kleber Kaserne - home of the fightin' ( :rolleyes: ) loggie toads.

Richard, why the sarcasm?

The e-mail tells troops to "please stop calling the German police, military police, and hiding in your buildings."

JJ_BPK
11-11-2010, 09:42
I was more concerned that this is similar to the Robin Sage FU..

Ft. Bragg Soldier Killed on Exercise, Sun Feb 24, 9:33 PM ET,2002

RALEIGH, N.C. - A sheriff's deputy shot two Fort Bragg soldiers who tried to disarm him because they thought he was taking part in their training exercise, officials said. One of the soldiers died. The soldiers, dressed in civilian clothes, were taking part Saturday in a role-playing exercise that is part of the Army's Special Forces Qualification Course.

"One of the soldiers attempted to disarm the officer as the other was attempting to get a military weapon that the soldiers had in their possession," a statement from the Moore County Sheriff's Office said. "The deputy believed that the two individuals intended on killing him."

http://www.training.sfahq.com/article_conflicting_version_02_11_1.htm

Richard
11-11-2010, 09:52
Richard, why the sarcasm?

FWIW - I spent two years at Kleber in the only staff section of the 'Trash-Com' which was staffed entirely by Combat Arms officers (FAOs whose primary Branch were IN/FA/ADA/SF) and our collective term of endearment for the majority of the logisticians we encountered among NATO was 'Loggie Toads' - logisticians who behaved more like toads - timid creatures with bloated bodies moving slowly in small increments and willing to leave their warm hiding places only when prodded to do so. ;)

SF-TX
11-11-2010, 09:54
FWIW - I spent two years at Kleber in the only staff section of the 'Trash-Com' which was staffed entirely by Combat Arms officers (FAOs whose primary Branch were IN/FA/ADA/SF) and our collective term of endearment for the majority of the logisticians we encountered among NATO was 'Loggie Toads' - logisticians who behaved more like toads - timid creatures with bloated bodies moving slowly in small increments and willing to leave their warm hiding places only when prodded to do so. ;)

:D

bost1751
11-11-2010, 13:41
Richard: stated very well and accurate. Nice term too.

Dozer523
11-11-2010, 18:00
My my how things have changed. Back when I was in Germany. . .:p
We wouldn't have called the police.

we would have called the Gunner:
"Troops in the open, coax"
"Identified"
"Fire"
"Target"
"Cease fire, driver move out"

(In my first assignment I was a seeing eye grunt part of a Tank-Infantry Team.)

Loggie froggies, that!:D

greenberetTFS
11-11-2010, 18:08
My my how things have changed. Back when I was in Germany. . .:p
We wouldn't have called the police.

we would have called the Gunner:
"Troops in the open, coax"
"Identified"
"Fire"
"Target"
"Cease fire, driver move out"

(In my first assignment I was a seeing eye grunt part of a Tank-Infantry Team.)

Loggie froggies, that!:D

:D

Big Teddy :munchin

stg
11-12-2010, 14:13
We had the police called on us when I was a cadet in college. Our instructor was a Quiet Professional and he liked for us to do long ruck runs (not marches...runs) around the Mississippi river. The sight of 12 guys running down the sidewalk in boots, BDUs, rucksacks and carrying rubber duck M16s was apparently too much for suburban housewives to handle.

:D Good times.