PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture?

Airbornelawyer
08-18-2004, 17:07
What's wrong with this picture?

Air.177
08-18-2004, 17:10
IR Illuminator/Laser Mounted with A standard Non NOD scope?
Flags on sleeves facing wrong way?
Looks Like a Nightforce Optics scope, Is that standard issue?
Oh, and WTF is he going to mount IN FRONT of his Optic on that 1913 rail?
And I think he's wearing Undies on his head. Not sure, But they look like undies.

Brother Rat
08-18-2004, 17:11
Not wearing Oakleys.:munchin

brewmonkey
08-18-2004, 17:20
Originally posted by Air.177

Maybe a laser range finder?

Airbornelawyer
08-18-2004, 17:26
Flags on sleeves facing wrong way?
Looks Like a Nightforce Optics scope, Is that standard issue?
Oh, and WTF is he going to mount IN FRONT of his Optic on that 1913 rail?
And I think he's wearing Undies on his head. Not sure, But they look like undies. Undies? HAven't you ever worn a FEDOR, a "Field Expedient Do-Rag"?

The flags are the first thing that jump out as wrong, though there are other things that are unorthodox. What's with the Jason Priestley sideburns? ODA-90210? And the Alkaline Trio logo?

Kyobanim
08-18-2004, 17:33
Here's a WAG. Not that it's what's wrong with the pic but is he a SEAL:D I don't know an army unit that has a patch on the left sholder like the one he has.

Air.177
08-18-2004, 17:34
Is he by any chance a Civvie?

bberkley
08-18-2004, 17:42
I would say he has the subdued flags on the wrong sleeves. If I recall correctly, the field of honor always leads, i.e. it should appear as it would if it were on a pole and being carried, displayed, etc.

The Reaper
08-18-2004, 18:01
Flags, shades, PAQ-4 looks cattywompus and may be blocking weapon function, "E 2" on sleeve instead of blood type, freshly unwrapped cravat on head, looks like his safety is on while his finger is on the trigger, civvie logo around his neck, agree, it is almost certainly a SEAL.

TR

shadowflyer
08-18-2004, 18:18
Originally posted by The Reaper
Flags, shades, PAQ-4 looks cattywompus and may be blocking weapon function, "E 2" on sleeve instead of blood type, freshly unwrapped cravat on head, looks like his safety is on while his finger is on the trigger, civvie logo around his neck, agree, it is almost certainly a SEAL.

TR

I concur Sir ....every Team guy I knew from back in the day had LONG sideburns ...I think it was kinda like a trademark kinda deal. IIRC.

SEALS....always got to look pretty ....:D....heheh.

JJ

Sweetbriar
08-18-2004, 19:50
What a clean face he has. Is this from an upcoming feature film?

Footmobile
08-18-2004, 19:50
Looks like a Schmidt & Bender scope to me. 9 x 12 power, adjusts in mils, not minutes. Same one the Brit RM's use if I'm not mistaken. It's a very nice scope.

That is a very strange way to mount the PEQ-2, I've never seen mounting hardware that would allow that, especially on a bolt action rifle. It must be mounted for up close engagements at night with a PVS-14 head-mounted since that laser on the PEQ-2 doesn't at all follow the trajectory of a high power sniper rifle, not to mention that is a day scope that can't view IR.

Airbornelawyer
08-18-2004, 19:59
Originally posted by Sweetbriar
What a clean face he has. Is this from an upcoming feature film? It is from the cemetery in Najaf.... sorry, the "Holy City of Najaf" (which would now be the "Holey City of Najaf" but for American restraint).

Sweetbriar
08-19-2004, 01:11
Well, then, peculiar uniform aside, I hope he gets some. What is that little black box on the right side of the scope?

rudelsg2
08-19-2004, 09:09
Nothings wrong if he's getting the job done.

PEQ-2 doesn't at all follow the trajectory of a high power sniper rifle, not to mention that is a day scope that can't view IR.

Actually, the PEQ 2 follows the trajectory of whatever weapon system you zero it. A PEQ2 can be mounted on M249s, M240s, M2 .50 cal. An I'm sure he would use his NVGs while using it.

The Reaper
08-19-2004, 09:30
Originally posted by rudelsg2
Nothings wrong if he's getting the job done.

Actually, the PEQ 2 follows the trajectory of whatever weapon system you zero it. A PEQ2 can be mounted on M249s, M240s, M2 .50 cal. An I'm sure he would use his NVGs while using it.

Only at two points, unless someone has figured out how to curve a a LASER beam.

More likely would use it as an illuminator at night, but it looks like it is misaligned, regardless. Wonder how he has it attached to the rifle?

TR

rudelsg2
08-19-2004, 09:40
OK, if it's about semantics. You can ZERO a PEQ2 to the weapon you mount it on and engage targets with it out to aleast 600m (if you can see that far with NVGs and the weapon and ammo and your shooting ability and whatever other factor that can be figured in line up ). Mounted one on a M21 in Iraqi and it worked quite well as a aiming device and as a illum when engaging insurgents at night.

Probably mounted it the same way we did by tapping in a rail mount, although ours was further down on the right side of the stock.

It would be interesting to see how the rail was mounted on so close to the action.

But if someone does make a bendable lazer that would be a cool peice of gear.

longrange1947
08-19-2004, 18:18
He is a SEAL and he is using the McCann rail. The rail is an extension fo rhte UNS NVD system. The PEQ is used to illuminate the bullet going down range as well as flooding the target area just prior to a shot.

The mount has two wings so that the PEQ can be mounted on either side as well as a laser range finder on the other.

We use the system in the course and shoot snaps, movers, and deliberate targets to 400 meters with at night.

The FLags are wrong, and his "shades' can get his butt shot if they shine at the wrong time. I would not use a dew rag that way as it does not absorb enough sweat to be really effective and I have used many a rag in my time. The E2 is for ID. His scope is a Night Force with .25 moa adjustments and weapn a McMillian.

Those are my observations, I may be wrong on some of it. :D

Air.177
08-19-2004, 18:22
Longrange - What is your opinion of the Nightforce Optics? I have handled Several, never shot one, but I have heard very good things about them.

The Reaper
08-19-2004, 18:34
Air, you DO realize that LR 1947 is Mr. Leupold, don't you?:D

TR

longrange1947
08-19-2004, 19:13
Longrange - What is your opinion of the Nightforce Optics? I have handled Several, never shot one, but I have heard very good things about them.

Too expensive, objective too big, adjustments too fine for battle, heavy, and actually I like S&B Reaper. :D

The objective is too big and gives too much signature and causs the scope to set too high on the weapon system. The objective that big does NOT gather more light, it will give you slightly more field of view but if yo have to move your eye too close to the occular lens then you may get scope bite. OUCH!

The .25 moa adjustment is silly, even the Palma team, that shoots long range all the time went to .5 moa adjustments. The .25 moa adjustment will get you lost on the battlefield when you must adjust from far to near and back again.

Look at it this way, at 100, where most prople zero, and I think is too close, the single click moves the bullet less then the bullet's diameter (.25" versus .308 inches) when shooting 7.62 or .308 ammo. Now at 800, the single click moves the bullet about 2 inches. I defy anyone and I mean ANYONE to show me that they can shoot within that 2 inches at 800. If you can not then why have a scope that moves the bullet so little? Oh yeah, it is cool to have that crap. BUT let you shoot at a target one full revolution out, or 15 moa, then see when they come up with the excuses.

Sorry, off the soap box.

Rick

NousDefionsDoc
08-19-2004, 21:26
Originally posted by longrange1947
Those are my observations, I may be wrong on some of it. :D

I fookin' doubt it.:D I've never know you to be wrong about much when it comes to bullet launchers with periscopes on them.

rudelsg2
08-20-2004, 02:17
The PEQ is used to illuminate the bullet going down range

So the PEQ2 allows you to see the bullet itself going downrange? Is he using IR sniper rounds?

longrange1947
08-20-2004, 05:16
So the PEQ2 allows you to see the bullet itself going downrange? Is he using IR sniper rounds?

The IR tracer is possible, but not necessary. The IR illuminator illuminates the back of the bullet itself allowing you to see it as it goes down range. The range for this is limited and starts to fail at about 400 meters, but about that range you start to get misses due to missed wind calls anyway.

Of course, if the BGs have NVDs this is a VERY bad technique. You are pointing, essentially, a flashlight at him, and he can see when he is illuminted and from whence it comes. :boohoo

rudelsg2
08-20-2004, 05:38
The IR illuminator illuminates the back of the bullet itself allowing you to see it as it goes down range.

Have yet to see this in my years of shooting a PEQ2. Wouldn't that mean instead of the laser being a straight beam (which it is) that it would have to follow the arc of the round or are you shooting non-arcing rounds?

I shot about 7 guy's using the PEQ2 and NODs (with a M4 mind you) and didn't see a one of the rounds reflected in the beam. I've also shot SWS on the range with PEQ2s quite a bit and have yet to see this either.

Believe me I understand METT-T.

Oh, and to keep this on topic, once again, if he's getting the job done there's nothing wrong with the photo.

Sunglasses are a good idea if your staring out into the Iraqi sun all day, just make sure they don't glare.

longrange1947
08-20-2004, 05:55
Have yet to see this in my years of shooting a PEQ2. Wouldn't that mean instead of the laser being a straight beam (which it is) that it would have to follow the arc of the round or are you shooting non-arcing rounds?

I shot about 7 guy's using the PEQ2 and NODs (with a M4 mind you) and didn't see a one of the rounds reflected in the beam. I've also shot SWS on the range with PEQ2s quite a bit and have yet to see this either.

Believe me I understand METT-T.

Oh, and to keep this on topic, once again, if he's getting the job done there's nothing wrong with the photo.

Sunglasses are a good idea if your staring out into the Iraqi sun all day, just make sure they don't glare.

In all your years of shooting a PEQ have you had it on flood and did you operate as the observer? If not, then no you have not seen it. ALL of the students in our course have seen it.

On flood, the laser does not have to "bend" as the flood is wide enough that the ballistic path is all within the flood.

Hmmm, what does METT-TC have to do with this? You have my curiosity up.

Time to go to work as I have students waiting on me.

rudelsg2
08-20-2004, 06:10
Ahhh SOOO, thanks for the clarity. Clear as spring water now. I've used both continously, but never looked for the "trace". I went to a Group ran course before we had the PEQ2 (just the good ole' PVS4). I just used it to spot targets with the flood and engage, no one ever mentioned this when they've came back from the course. Thanks.

Airbornelawyer
08-20-2004, 09:08
Oh, and to keep this on topic, once again, if he's getting the job done there's nothing wrong with the photo. Except the flags. Slapped 'em on the wrong shoulders. Minor nit.

Airbornelawyer
08-20-2004, 16:02
How about this one? Nice rifle in the background.

Footmobile
08-20-2004, 16:05
Outstanding. Good to see our Snipers using the deception skills they were taught in school.

Is that the XM-107? Heard nothing but good things about them.

Air.177
08-20-2004, 16:23
Not Positive, But it looks like a McMillan .50 rifle.

Airbornelawyer
08-20-2004, 16:56
The same photographer, AP's Jim MacMillan, took both pictures, as well as the one below. Pretty much all of his pictures are of US Army forces - 1st Cav and the Oregon ARNG's 2-162 IN, plus a few special operators, so I imagine he's in Najaf as an embed with the cavalry TF.

Airbornelawyer
08-20-2004, 16:58
Another one of MacMillan's:

Air.177
08-20-2004, 17:01
An M14?? WTF?? Could be captured I guess, unless the Oregon ARNG is that far down the chain for new toys.

Cool Pics AL, Thanks for posting them.

The Reaper
08-20-2004, 17:54
An M14?? WTF?? Could be captured I guess, unless the Oregon ARNG is that far down the chain for new toys.

If they are like the other Guard units I know, they never turn anything in.

I saw BARs and Garands in an Armory in 1994.

Nice pics, AL, thanks for posting them. McMillan appears to get going in harms way to get his pics.

TR

Air.177
08-20-2004, 17:57
If they are like the other Guard units I know, they never turn anything in.

I saw BARs and Garands in an Armory in 1994.

Nice pics, AL, thanks for posting them. McMillan appears to get going in harms way to get his pics.

TR

I'd much rather some of those folks get use out of them than see them chopped up and melted down.

Airbornelawyer
08-20-2004, 18:14
This appears to be the same guy as in the earlier M-4 picture. Doesn't look like he's in his happy place (actually, looking at both pictures, I'd worry he's getting close to his breaking point; I hope his chain of command and buddies are on top of things).

The Reaper
08-20-2004, 18:24
Originally posted by Airbornelawyer
This appears to be the same guy as in the earlier M-4 picture. Doesn't look like he's in his happy place (actually, looking at both pictures, I'd worry he's getting close to his breaking point; I hope his chain of command and buddies are on top of things).

I thought the same thing in the pic with the rifle shouldered.

He looks like he is afraid. Very afraid.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
08-20-2004, 19:48

There's nothing wrong with carrying an M14. I've done it. Fine rifle.

Ambush Master
08-20-2004, 20:03
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
There's nothing wrong with carrying an M14. I've done it. Fine rifle.

I'm willing to wager that after the reports of the "poor performance" of the 5.56 at the ranges that they are engaging in, that these guys have either been smart enough, or have received proper direction, to bring the heavier long-shooters to the Party !!!

Martin

The Reaper
08-20-2004, 20:07
AM:

What range do you think our guys are shooting at?

TR

zeroalpha
08-21-2004, 05:10
Hey RL whats the source of all the pics?

actually, anyone got any good sources of pics ex Iraq and A'stan?

Also, off topic, but who do i have to top to get rid of the 'asset' below my name? Its giving me bad dreams

zeroalpha

shadowflyer
08-21-2004, 07:29
Originally posted by zeroalpha
Hey RL whats the source of all the pics?

actually, anyone got any good sources of pics ex Iraq and A'stan?

Also, off topic, but who do i have to top to get rid of the 'asset' below my name? Its giving me bad dreams

zeroalpha

Normally ZA , you will have to have over 100 posts to be able to change your name. If you are a QP or vetted BTDT then PM one of the admins to have them change it for you. I know I had to get to 100 posts to be able to change mine and to have an avatar.

JJ

longrange1947
08-21-2004, 10:43

Actually several units, to include the 82nd, SF and others, use the M14 as a designated marksman weapon system.

That one weapon is not the M-107, but angle won't let me decide on which it is for sure. Some of those shots are definately not Cav folk.

Air.177
08-21-2004, 10:52
Actually several units, to include the 82nd, SF and others, use the M14 as a designated marksman weapon system.

That one weapon is not the M-107, but angle won't let me decide on which it is for sure. Some of those shots are definately not Cav folk.

Right, But I didn't see optics on that one.

(On the Other weapon) The stock and the Muzzle brake lead me to believe that it's a McMillan, But I have been wrong before (Once or Twice)

brownapple
08-21-2004, 11:29

Very possibly M21s. We had them in the 101st in the 80s. Great weapons.

Tuukka
08-21-2004, 12:26
There are units deployed that have M14 rifles issued to them in various degrees of customizing. Have seen built up rifles with McMillan stocks for example. Looks like most of them are used in the designated marksman role.

Air.177
08-21-2004, 12:58
Originally posted by Tuukka
There are units deployed that have M14 rifles issued to them in various degrees of customizing. Have seen built up rifles with McMillan stocks for example. Looks like most of them are used in the designated marksman role.

Right, But I was referring to the Large caliber bolt action rifle in the background of the pic with the dummy head in the window.

Tuukka
08-21-2004, 13:23
Right, But I was referring to the Large caliber bolt action rifle in the background of the pic with the dummy head in the window.

When i was referring to the general talk of the M14... ;)

Air.177
08-21-2004, 13:37
Well then, Now we understand each other.

Airbornelawyer
08-24-2004, 11:44
Another one of photographer Jim MacMillan's pics:

Tuukka
08-24-2004, 11:57
Nice Mod 1

Air.177
08-24-2004, 12:24
What optic is that? Looks like a Leupold MR/T.

Tuukka
08-24-2004, 13:48
What optic is that? Looks like a Leupold MR/T

Mk 4 3-9x36 MR/T M3

Air.177
08-24-2004, 14:00
And one more thing, What rifle is that? Looks like it has a Full length Barrel and a Carbine Collapsible stock

Tuukka
08-24-2004, 14:18
And one more thing, What rifle is that? Looks like it has a Full length Barrel and a Carbine Collapsible stock

Im sure the BTDTs will correct this, but i believe it is the Mk 12 Mod 1 SPR.

The Reaper
08-24-2004, 17:14

It is an SPR, the version with the KAC FF RAS and KAC 600m. BUIS.

Almost certainly a SOF trooper.

TR

Airbornelawyer
08-24-2004, 19:13
Almost certainly a SOF trooper. You don't need the rifle for that. Note the relaxed grooming standards. ;)

Smokin Joe
08-24-2004, 19:41
Another one of photographer Jim MacMillan's pics:

Man, I really need Wes to build me one of those.

Prutty Rifle!

The Reaper
08-24-2004, 20:37
Originally posted by Smokin Joe
Man, I really need Wes to build me one of those.

Prutty Rifle!

He does good work, doesn't he?

And visits this site occasionally.

Like to see more of him here.

TR

Bill Harsey
08-24-2004, 21:38

Ok, We aren't that far behind the times here in Oregon. We just changed up to the Sharps model 1859 Infantry rifle (Used by Berdan's Sharpshooters back when Reaper was little) because good flint is getting hard to come by. Still have to be careful with the paper cartridge in the rainy season around here.

Sdiver
08-25-2004, 13:36
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
Ok, We aren't that far behind the times here in Oregon. We just changed up to the Sharps model 1859 Infantry rifle (Used by Berdan's Sharpshooters back when Reaper was little) because good flint is getting hard to come by. Still have to be careful with the paper cartridge in the rainy season around here.

What do ya think of these lectrick lights...pretty cool hugh?;)

Airbornelawyer
08-25-2004, 13:48

That one weapon is not the M-107, but angle won't let me decide on which it is for sure. Some of those shots are definately not Cav folk. Another M-14:

Airbornelawyer
08-25-2004, 13:50
In Najaf. That's some powerful ammo they're using... :p

Air.177
08-25-2004, 13:51
That one's different. I realize that they still play a role as Precision weapons, I just thought that they had pretty well gone away in their standard comfiguration like in the last pic.

Bravo1-3
08-25-2004, 14:07
In Najaf. That's some powerful ammo they're using... :p

Must be some of that Hollywood Movie Ammo! In .22 it blows up cars just by shooting it at the gas tank, I didn't realize that in 7.62 you could take the roof off of a building with it though! :D

longrange1947
08-25-2004, 18:55
Another M-14:

Hmmmm, I would suggest he would get a better stock weld if he layed his cheek across the stock and sighted with his left eye. His head held that high will cause the weapon to build up speed before it whacks him in the mouth. :D

Hugh
08-25-2004, 19:42
What's Really wrong with the last picture?

The Guy with the M-14 has on WHITE socks! :D

It frightens me that I noticed that. I'm sure to be on the next E-8 List now.....

Hugh

Bill Harsey
08-25-2004, 19:49
Originally posted by Hugh
What's Really wrong with the last picture?

The Guy with the M-14 has on WHITE socks! :D

Hugh Those aren't socks, it's the shin guards showing. FrontSight might be in the neighborhood.

Bill Harsey
08-25-2004, 19:50
AL, Great pics, Thanks!

Airbornelawyer
08-26-2004, 16:38
Having gone off on a tangent, the trip continues. Kickin' it old school:

Footmobile
08-26-2004, 16:45
Damn, would have been a bitch to hump those suppressed M-14's through the jungle.

Would have been worth it to send some bad guy to his maker in the middle of the night with nothing more than a "phfffft".....

longrange1947
08-26-2004, 17:14
Now that brings back memories of wepaons that did not hold a zero and were about a ton to carry. The suppressors were not that good though.

Anyone remember the moa adjustments on that beast the PVS-2?

Lets just say coarse is an understatement and it was made in the mount ugh!

Tuukka
08-27-2004, 08:25
Sionics M14SS-1 suppressor.

Airbornelawyer
08-27-2004, 08:47
What are the external differences between an M-21 and an M-14? Not my field, but I thought a match grade barrel was the main difference.

longrange1947
08-27-2004, 14:43
Lets see starting at the break. The break is bored out to a larger diameter ( cannot remember the diameter right now). The Gas plug had a small hole drilled in it (again the size escapes me, dam oldtimers crap :) ), or later the gas plug had a slot cut in it, these items were to prevent pressure problems on the plugs return thus changing barrel vibration. The selector for rifle grenade was welded and the barrel band was rivetted and welded to the gas plug housing. The forestock band was polished and greased to allow consistent vibration. The figure eight on the barrel that held the operating rod in place was larger and beefier. The bolt had a roller instead of a chunk of polished steal and the bolt was a NM bolt. The selector and disconnect was welded. The rear sight had .5 moa windage adjustments and the elevation had 1 moa adjustments but was .5 moa capable by means of an off center hood that had a notch cut in it. The notch indicated the direction of the .5 moa change. So if you wanted to come up .5 moa and the notch was down then you turned the notch up. If you wanted to go up .5 moa and the notch was up then you clicked up 1 moa and turned the notch down. The barrel, of course was NM. The scopes attached to the side grenade launcher sight screw hole. The ART I was the scope in those days and later the ART II came out, then the ART IV and ART MPC. The stocks were made of premium walnut to keep movment down as the oils in the walnut was supposed to keep moisture from penetrating as much. They later went to a lighter wood that I thought was Beechnut. But not sure on that one (old tiomers again) I know that I have left something out and someine will eat my lunch over it. :munchin

Airbornelawyer
08-27-2004, 14:57
Thanks!

And for your troubles, another image:

Smokin Joe
08-27-2004, 15:39
Thanks!

And for your troubles, another image:

BATT Boys AL?

Seeing how they are all wearing RACK's.

brewmonkey
08-27-2004, 16:08
I thought I read somewhere recently that they have been issuing M-14's to "designated" marksmen in units.

The Reaper
08-27-2004, 18:15
Hey, LR 1947!

ALL M-14s that I have ever seen (not just NM) had rollers on the bolts.

The lugs were on the M-1s. Are you dropping back confusing the US M-1903 and M-1917 Rifles next?

Those have to be Rangers, or Marines in that pic. Their uniforms and gear are too uniform to be SF.

TR

Airbornelawyer
08-27-2004, 19:55
Originally posted by Smokin Joe
BATT Boys AL?

Seeing how they are all wearing RACK's. The guy the pic came from described them as his "squad", so not SF. I thought batt. Is Wear in our UWOA these days? - he'd be the man to know.

As a result of NAIC Regulation XXX, I have a client which must post letters of credit or qualifying regulatory trusts to allow the cedants to take reserve credit for business ceded. In response, Goldman Sachs has proposed that we create a wholly-owned captive which will issue capital markets securities to fund excess reserve requirements. Since I have hardly a clue what any of that means, I have instead found every opportunity to flee vicariously to Iraq, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Bragg, etc., rather than concentrate on work. This weekend, though, I can go outside and butt heads with idiot anti-GOP, anti-war and anti-American demonstrators, so maybe I can put aside the vicarious living for a little while.

But back to Najaf for a second. Regarding an earlier question about where the Oregon Guard stood in gear requirements, another Jim MacMillan photo:

Airbornelawyer
08-27-2004, 19:56
And what have we here? :)

longrange1947
08-29-2004, 10:57
I doubt it. Most of them know better then to use the piece of junk flash hider on the M24 and they have the UNS instead of that other piece of junk called the PVS 10.

See I told you someone would find a mistake! :D

NousDefionsDoc
08-29-2004, 11:11
Those have to be Rangers, or Marines in that pic. Their uniforms and gear are too uniform to be SF.

TR

I'll say Rangers, two of them appear to have unit combat patches.

longrange1947
08-29-2004, 11:49
Just looked at the picture again and noted that the sling on the M24 is on backwards. I nkow that a Batt Boy would know better then that. :rolleyes:

Air.177
08-30-2004, 11:31
And what have we here? :)

Looks like the same guy as the other pic.

Huey14
08-30-2004, 17:03
In the 5 man pic, only three of them have pistoles on. These guys would be the snipers, with the other 3 being the observers?

Gonzo
08-31-2004, 06:48
In the 5 man pic, only three of them have pistoles on. These guys would be the snipers, with the other 3 being the observers?

You might speaky the England good but you don't addy the numbers too well.:)

Air.177
08-31-2004, 14:44
But back to Najaf for a second. Regarding an earlier question about where the Oregon Guard stood in gear requirements, another Jim MacMillan photo:

That guy is the same one who looked like he was freaking out in the other two pics. Look at his face and also his weapon. He has an ACOG and also a PAQ-whatever on the right sidde of the weapon.

Tuukka
08-31-2004, 15:06
That guy is the same one who looked like he was freaking out in the other two pics. Look at his face and also his weapon. He has an ACOG and also a PAQ-whatever on the right sidde of the weapon.

ACOG TA-31, AN-PEQ2A, Harris bipod. Needs a good suppressor though.

Huey14
08-31-2004, 21:13
Originally posted by Gonzo
You might speaky the England good but you don't addy the numbers too well.:)

Someone has to take the picture ;)

Matchanu
09-01-2004, 10:25
What's wrong with this picture?

Hmm, just got to this party, been out of town for a bit. Wow, there's a shit ton of speculation going on here and I'm not sure how I should take this.

First off, I know this guy personally, pro to the max, so some of the more bullshit comments about him are pretty fucking far off base. Certainly having your picture taken then having it publicly posted was not his desicion, (as at least one member on this board has personal experience with.). Obviously in the action, and shit happens. Ever loose your hat in an FFP and have to improvise? Ever stay in a hide for a week observing durring the day in very bright conditions? Talk about the nit pick police.

Second, The PEQ-2 is a fantasic tool for urban sniping. As long your dope is set up for the zero on the laser, you're golden. The camera angle makes it look a lot more fucked up than it probably is.

Third, Long side burns are still within Navy regs, it's tradition, enough said about that.

I guess I'm the lone frogman here so I'm used to most of the friendly rivalry. Hell I'll instigate it just for shits and grins. But when it turns into questioning the integraty and proffesionalism of one of my bros, we're going to have some words.

Guy
09-01-2004, 10:52
Originally posted by Matchanu
...But when it turns into questioning the integraty and proffesionalism of one of my bros, we're going to have some words.

You better get ready to start typing or researching...some of your guys totally forgot what it's like to be in the "TEAMS"!;)

Matchanu
09-01-2004, 10:55
Not Positive, But it looks like a McMillan .50 rifle.

Yup.

It's o.k. a bit finiky on ammo, need a chin base rather than a cheek well, and you have to fully move your head from the rifle to action the bolt.

About as acurate as you can get for Roufus, but the dope is completely different for .50 match. The bolt has a tendency to freeze up when using TZZ .50 match.

Matchanu
09-01-2004, 10:58
Originally posted by Guy
You better get ready to start typing or researching...some of your guys totally forgot what it's like to be in the "TEAMS"!;)

And you have worked with some of them. MR to be specific. What was your assertaion of his performance?

The Reaper
09-01-2004, 11:09
About as acurate as you can get for Roufus, but the dope is completely different for .50 match. The bolt has a tendency to freeze up when using TZZ .50 match.

Izzy (TZZ) ammo is almost always loaded very HOT. I have seen 9x19 and .45 ACP from them that had to be relegated to SMGs only.

Have you tried the A-Max Match loads in the .50?

TR

Guy
09-01-2004, 11:15
And you have worked with some of them. MR to be specific. What was your assertaion of his performance?

Never worked with MR. I have worked with "TEAM" guys...just google the last company I worked for. ;)

longrange1947
09-01-2004, 12:16
Hmm, just got to this party, been out of town for a bit. Wow, there's a shit ton of speculation going on here and I'm not sure how I should take this.

First off, I know this guy personally, pro to the max, so some of the more bullshit comments about him are pretty fucking far off base. Certainly having your picture taken then having it publicly posted was not his desicion, (as at least one member on this board has personal experience with.). Obviously in the action, and shit happens. Ever loose your hat in an FFP and have to improvise? Ever stay in a hide for a week observing durring the day in very bright conditions? Talk about the nit pick police.

Second, The PEQ-2 is a fantasic tool for urban sniping. As long your dope is set up for the zero on the laser, you're golden. The camera angle makes it look a lot more fucked up than it probably is.

Third, Long side burns are still within Navy regs, it's tradition, enough said about that.

I guess I'm the lone frogman here so I'm used to most of the friendly rivalry. Hell I'll instigate it just for shits and grins. But when it turns into questioning the integraty and proffesionalism of one of my bros, we're going to have some words.

WOW man, I do believe it was obvious who the dude was and yes we were having fun. YES I have spent more then a week in a hide, yes in bright conditions, wet conditions, wet and cold. NO ONE was "questioning the integraty and proffesionalism of one of my bros". AS it was my comment about his drive on rag that must of fired up your hat comment, then I will say that I have laughed at guys during my active days for wearing it that way. It is my standing joke as it forms the shape if his head better and does not obsorb sweat at well. As you stated, you like to rag on guys we like to rag on guys.

Go easy, your heart will last longer and the ulcers will stay within normal limits of only a gut ache now and then. :D

Matchanu
09-01-2004, 13:19
O.k., blood pressure is back to normal now.

I've made the mistake before of commenting on something that was interpreted as something else. Although not my intention of being insulting, it certainly came out that way. I was more than apologetic and very embarrased.

My comments were not pointed directly at anyone, I've seen this picture scrutinized on other websites as well.

I fully welcome smart ass comments. "were's his vollyball?", "Will this picture be in the calender?", etc..etc.. It's difficult to understand tone when it's only written word, so my bad for overreacting.

Matchanu
09-01-2004, 13:24
Izzy (TZZ) ammo is almost always loaded very HOT. I have seen 9x19 and .45 ACP from them that had to be relegated to SMGs only.

Have you tried the A-Max Match loads in the .50?

TR

No.

The TZZ Match was the latest and greatest when I left the teams in 2001.

For a .50, I really didn't find much use for anything other than the Roufus with the Finnish brass. I'd rather use a .300 win mag for personell anyway.

Just my .02

Airbornelawyer
09-01-2004, 14:18
My comments were not pointed directly at anyone, I've seen this picture scrutinized on other websites as well. If you are referring to militaryphotos.net, that place alternatively amuses the hell out of me or pisses me off. They have 4-5 pages on just the first photo here, with a ratio of about 10-1 asinine comments, which is par for the course.

Here, the remarks are pretty tongue-in-cheek or were professional observations. Despite my thread title, as noted, while some things are "unorthodox" (and what aspect of special operations is orthodox?), the only thing "wrong" is that he appears to have gotten the flag patches on the wrong sleeve. I suspect he had more important things on his mind.

If there are comments you don't like, I or someone else will wave the magic wand.

Dave :)

NousDefionsDoc
09-01-2004, 14:56

I've made the mistake before of commenting on something that was interpreted as something else. Although not my intention of being insulting, it certainly came out that way. I was more than apologetic and very embarrased.

My comments were not pointed directly at anyone, I've seen this picture scrutinized on other websites as well.

I fully welcome smart ass comments. "were's his vollyball?", "Will this picture be in the calender?", etc..etc.. It's difficult to understand tone when it's only written word, so my bad for overreacting.

Blow me Squid:lifter

Matchanu
09-01-2004, 15:00

If there are comments you don't like, I or someone else will wave the magic wand.

Dave :)

Make the above comment go away. He always follows me into the rest room and peeks over the stall when I'm making poopies.

Roguish Lawyer
09-01-2004, 15:06
Make the above comment go away. He always follows me into the rest room and peeks over the stall when I'm making poopies.

It's OK. He's a doc. LMAO

NousDefionsDoc
09-01-2004, 15:35

I never saw a grown man wear flippers into a public bathroom without getting arrested before.

Team Sergeant
09-01-2004, 16:07

At least here it's brothers in arms making the smart ass comments!:D

TS

The Reaper
09-01-2004, 16:22
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
I never saw a grown man wear flippers into a public bathroom without getting arrested before.

And a ball on his nose?

Match:

PM me to talk .50 precision ammo.

TR