PDA

View Full Version : Someone wanna recommend a plate carrier?

Karambit
10-25-2010, 13:08
..I want to buy a plate carrier for Afg. By the time one gets down to me I'll be back home.
Something that rides well, tapers with the plate to provide a good shoulder pocket, and could possibly be used as lo vis would be great. Lo-vis is not my biggest desire for this pc, but something smaller, sleeker, and cleaner than the issue Eagle kit is. Plus, I figure it would be nice to own my own and have some options. I want molle on the plate portions and some sort of molle or elastic cumberbund.
I'm looking at the PIG PC, Paraclete models, mayflower, and HSGI. I like the looks of this PIG deal.
Any recommendations? Warnings are welcome to. Something that would fit my L issued plates is a must.

Also, if anybody has anything they are trying to sell or get rid of, there is a good chance I would be interested.

Thanks very much and it's good to be here!

The Reaper
10-25-2010, 13:10
I want to buy a plate carrier for Afg. By the time one gets down to me I'll be back home.
Something that rides well, tapers with the plate to provide a good shoulder pocket, and could possibly be used as lo vis would be great. Lo-vis is not my biggest desire for this pc, but something smaller, sleeker, and cleaner than the issue Eagle kit is. Plus, I figure it would be nice to own my own and have some options. I want molle on the plate portions and some sort of molle or elastic cumberbund.
I'm looking at the PIG PC, Paraclete models, mayflower, and HSGI. I like the looks of this PIG deal.
Any recommendations? Warnings are welcome to. Something that would fit my L issued plates is a must.

Also, if anybody has anything they are trying to sell or get rid of, there is a good chance I would be interested.

Thanks very much and it's good to be here!

Have you read the rules and stickies here?

TR

Karambit
10-25-2010, 13:22
I just read the 'house rules' sticky. It's the only one I saw. I don't see what I wasn't IAW. I apologize if it was incorrect and I have removed the post.

The Reaper
10-25-2010, 13:39
I just read the 'house rules' sticky. It's the only one I saw. I don't see what I wasn't IAW. I apologize if it was incorrect and I have removed the post.

Don't worry, I put it back, you're GTG now.:D

Let us know if you need anything here.

TR

Snaquebite
10-25-2010, 13:44
PM Sent...

You still need to fill out your profile.

kgoerz
10-27-2010, 15:56
I have tried a lot of PC'S in the last few years. Best one to date for me has been the Diamond Back FAPC series. Not a bad price either for a carrier that comes with soft armor already inserted.

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/product/Diamondback-Tacticalreg-Advanced-Warrior-Fast-Attack-Plate-Carrier,35,6.htm

Koa18B
11-25-2010, 21:30
I have tried a lot of PC'S in the last few years. Best one to date for me has been the Diamond Back FAPC series. Not a bad price either for a carrier that comes with soft armor already inserted.

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/product/Diamondback-Tacticalreg-Advanced-Warrior-Fast-Attack-Plate-Carrier,35,6.htm

I will second that almost anything from DB is worth its weight and cost. I have ordered a handful of times over the last 5 years or so and have not been disappointed by anything they make.

C0B2A
11-26-2010, 06:49
I've been using the Mayflower Low profile assault rig and I love it.
http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3058/LOW-PRO-ASSAULT-CARRIER/Detail.bok
But I will admit that the diamond back does look pretty nice, I may need to check one of those out.

Surgicalcric
11-26-2010, 10:38
I wear the SOHPC and love it. What drew me to it over other PC's with armored cummerbund was the inner cummerbund.

Owned the predecessor to the DB Advanced plate carrier and liked it as well...