PDA

View Full Version : Florida Firearms course

Redshirt
10-25-2010, 12:01
Retired in Tampa area. I'm looking for recommendations in the area and B.S. in the area. I'm a firearms instructor, but my last class as a student was a few years back.

Thank you.

South east also, not affraid to drive.

DDD
10-25-2010, 12:07
Dave Harrington of Martial Gun LLC which is located in Tampa. Dave is the Heat!

Redshirt
10-26-2010, 16:21
My hometown. Havn't been back in 15 years.

I will look up Martial Gun. Thank you DDD.

Redshirt

Juliet Delta
10-27-2010, 20:48
LAV is running a pistol class in FL in January.
http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3587/LAV-MIL-dsh-LE-Advanced-Pistol/Detail.bok

Are you looking for pistol, carbine, rifle, shotgun...?

Hammock
10-28-2010, 16:51
I will be attending the course to become an NRA-certified pistol instructor in Ft. Myers in late November with:

www.internationalfirearmsafety.com

W. Alecs Dean
National Rifle Association Certified Instructor

Founder & Owner
International Firearm Safety, Inc.
239-357-3437

Also very well known is:

TERRY L. HADDOCK
Range Master & Chief Firearms Instructor
HOLLYWOOD POLICE DEPARTMENT
and
PERSONAL PROTECTION, INC.
(954) 920-6674 Office ~ (954) 325-0911 Cell
tlhaddock@personalprotectioninc.com

Redshirt
10-29-2010, 20:51
I will be attending the course to become an NRA-certified pistol instructor in Ft. Myers in late November with:

www.internationalfirearmsafety.com

W. Alecs Dean
National Rifle Association Certified Instructor

Founder & Owner
International Firearm Safety, Inc.
239-357-3437

Also very well known is:

TERRY L. HADDOCK
Range Master & Chief Firearms Instructor
HOLLYWOOD POLICE DEPARTMENT
and
PERSONAL PROTECTION, INC.
(954) 920-6674 Office ~ (954) 325-0911 Cell
tlhaddock@personalprotectioninc.com

If you don't mind I will try to get a slot?

mils
12-01-2010, 13:22
I'll be going to the Larry Vickers course in Broward County. 5-7 JAN. Cost is $600+rds

zoolander6
01-11-2011, 09:53
If you go to the NRA's website, you can search for different courses by zip code and date. Courses include , basic and instructor, pistol, rifle, shotgun just to name a few. Prices vary on whos givinng the course and if ammo/weapons are included in the course.

cmts58
01-11-2011, 21:31
If you go to the NRA's website, you can search for different courses by zip code and date. Courses include , basic and instructor, pistol, rifle, shotgun just to name a few. Prices vary on whos givinng the course and if ammo/weapons are included in the course.

Sir, have you taken any NRA courses?

Redshirt
01-12-2011, 14:08
No NRA course yet. I'm working with the range master at MacDill to host an NRA advanced LEO course. They have a lot of pre mob qualifing now but hope to kick it off soon.

Redshirt

cmts58
01-12-2011, 16:34
I'm just curious if there is a way to get performance reviews of instructors in my area.

Redshirt
01-13-2011, 16:30
Just their pedigree.

Buffalobob
01-13-2011, 19:21
Cmts58

Don't know exactly what your needs are nor your ability to travel.

In this months Drop, near the back page is an ad by Mid- Atlantic.

I went to one of their classes and they delivered what they were supposed to deliver.

My needs and my peculiar personality are my own and few other people have my problem. Utah prohibits any firearm in your camp or truck while bowhunting unless you have a CCA from them. So when I go out to Utah bowhunting and then want to go over to Wyoming antelope hunting with a rifle I have guns. The only legal way to do this is to have a Utah CCA. It is a worthless piece of paper in DC but keeps me legal in Utah.

cmts58
01-13-2011, 21:18
Cmts58

Don't know exactly what your needs are nor your ability to travel.

In this months Drop, near the back page is an ad by Mid- Atlantic.

I went to one of their classes and they delivered what they were supposed to deliver.

My needs and my peculiar personality are my own and few other people have my problem. Utah prohibits any firearm in your camp or truck while bowhunting unless you have a CCA from them. So when I go out to Utah bowhunting and then want to go over to Wyoming antelope hunting with a rifle I have guns. The only legal way to do this is to have a Utah CCA. It is a worthless piece of paper in DC but keeps me legal in Utah.

I go on Title 10 in thirteen days, so not anytime soon.:lifter Just for clarification, Mid Atlantic Training Resources out of Phillipi, WV?

Buffalobob
01-13-2011, 21:40
ust for clarification, Mid Atlantic Training Resources out of Phillipi, WV?

Good thing you asked me. I went and got the Drop and compared it to the company I used and they are different. I used Mid Atlantic Firearms Training.

http://midatlanticfirearmstraining.com/aboutus.aspx

The one in the Drop and in WV is

http://www.ma-tr.com/

The names are similar but they specialize in different things.

Redshirt
01-24-2011, 11:48
19 & 20 Feb, 2011. The profit goes to wounded warrior project. Cost is only $150.00 both days.

www.centralfloridatacticalconference.com

Redshirt
02-15-2012, 19:14
I'm going back to the central Florida tactical conf. It is rumored that the one and only Super Dave will be back? I'm getting it opened up for four wounded warriors to go for free. It should be an outstanding weekend!