PDA

View Full Version : (MK) for 18E

Callsign
10-20-2010, 16:18
Greetings, I had a question concerning Math Knowledge for an 18E. I just took the practice ASVAB on my recruiters laptop and I scored a 51. Here are the breakdowns:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8499/asvab.png

According to [http://www.military.com/ASVAB/0,,ASVAB_MOS_Army.html], the qualifications are a GT:110 & SC:100.

GT = Verbal Expression and Arithmetic Reasoning
SC = Verbal Expression + Arithmetic Reasoning + Auto Shop + Mechanical Comprehension

Given the above, does the Army not calculate Math Knowledge when determing MOS qualification for an 18E?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

S. B. Newman
10-21-2010, 07:53
What part of this is confusing to you?
SC = Verbal Expression + Arithmetic Reasoning + Auto Shop + Mechanical Comprehension.

It's best not to ask a qeustion by stating the answer, as you ask the quesiton.:rolleyes:

Greetings, I had a question concerning Math Knowledge for an 18E. I just took the practice ASVAB on my recruiters laptop and I scored a 51. Here are the breakdowns:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8499/asvab.png

According to [http://www.military.com/ASVAB/0,,ASVAB_MOS_Army.html], the qualifications are a GT:110 & SC:100.

SC = Verbal Expression + Arithmetic Reasoning + Auto Shop + Mechanical Comprehension

Given the above, does the Army not calculate Math Knowledge when determing MOS qualification for an 18E?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Callsign
10-21-2010, 08:03
What part of this is confusing to you?
SC = Verbal Expression + Arithmetic Reasoning + Auto Shop + Mechanical Comprehension.

It's best not to ask a qeustion by stating the answer, as you ask the quesiton.:rolleyes:

Thanks, it was more of a concern on the accuracy of the source [military.com] and if those were the correct formulas (up-to-date).

Admin/mod you may close this thread.

S. B. Newman
10-21-2010, 08:30
I think the source is fairly accurate but that isn't what you asked. If you are working on a term paper or thesis then you know you have to back up a source with two or three other sources inorder to make it credible. This probably isn't the place to do that.

If you are planning on joining the Army here is little advice: "Don't read to much into things; life is to short for that. Grab a pair and go for it!"

Best of Luck.

Thanks, it was more of a concern on the accuracy of the source [military.com] and if those were the correct formulas (up-to-date).

Admin/mod you may close this thread.

Callsign
10-21-2010, 08:42
I think the source is fairly accurate but that isn't what you asked. If you are working on a term paper or thesis then you know you have to back up a source with two or three other sources inorder to make it credible. This probably isn't the place to do that.

If you are planning on joining the Army here is little advice: "Don't read to much into things; life is to short for that. Grab a pair and go for it!"

Best of Luck.

Excellent advice, appreciate it sir.

Razor
10-26-2010, 07:33
Does anyone else see the humor in the tally for MK in the above table? :D

Callsign
10-26-2010, 07:43
Does anyone else see the humor in the tally for MK in the above table? :D

I certainly do. :)

Just wanted to prioritize where I should aim my studies. I chose arithmetic reasoning over math knowledge but I did my share of math knowledge studies as well.

I take the ASVAB in 3 hours and I'll post back if I'm intelligent enough to start the pipeline. Out copy.

albeham
10-26-2010, 19:19
Me see something not right...

Math bad....Like Navy Math..off some how...

Math hates me...Good.

Callsign
10-26-2010, 21:07
So I finish my test, go to the desk and what do you know? The system is down.

...ten

...hours

...later

I have my scores:

AFQT: 68
GT: 115
ST: 109
GM: 106
EL: 107
CL: 109
MM: 103
SC: 107
CO: 105
FA: 106
OF: 107

RELIEVED.

DevilSide
10-26-2010, 21:41
Excellent job!

Took mine in school last week, waiting on the scores.

S. B. Newman
10-27-2010, 06:09
You did very well! Congratulations!