PDA

View Full Version : Special forces physique

Glowingskull
10-14-2010, 23:48
So what is the average or total physique of an Army special forces soldier:lifter

biker811
10-15-2010, 00:13
If you look three threads down, there is a thread entitled Sf build. If you read thru that thread it should answer your questions.

Also introduce yourself in the proper section.

EDIT: I apologize gentlemen I just realized I posted an "answer" in a section where only QPs are allowed to answer questions. I was just trying to help a future soldier out.

~John

Kyobanim
10-15-2010, 05:45
So what is the average or total physique of an Army special forces soldier:lifter

Doesn't matter.

Go re-read the intro email you received and follow the instructions. Do not post again.

The Reaper
10-15-2010, 06:45

William:

Congratulations.

You have simultaneously succeeded in coming up with the most ridiculous question and the least situational awareness of anyone on this forum for at least the past year.

To respond to your question, I would say at least one head, two arms, and two legs, though some are making do with less than the two original issue arms or legs.

Now go read all of the rules and stickies and introduce yourself in the proper place.

TR

1stindoor
10-15-2010, 10:38
William:
...though some are making do with less than the two original issue arms or legs.
TR

Damn, but that was a good answer. Of course there's also those making do without eyesight as well...and there's a few with hearing devices.

I always thought the correct answer was "steely-eyed, barrel-chested, freedom fighters with the kung fu grip and life-like hair."

JJ_BPK
10-15-2010, 10:55
There are a bunch of Steve Austin look-a-likes out there doing heroic deeds to deserving bad guys.

:lifter:lifter:lifter:lifter

Peregrino
10-15-2010, 11:17
OK Guys, he gets the point. Now give him a chance to change out the chemlight in his pumpkin. :p

craigepo
10-15-2010, 12:51
I always thought the correct answer was "steely-eyed, barrel-chested, freedom fighters with the kung fu grip and life-like hair."

I think you left out a couple of things. I, however, shall too refrain. I'll consider revisiting this subject after I've downed a 6-pack.

Backwoods
10-19-2010, 04:27
"There are a bunch of Steve Austin look-a-likes out there doing heroic deeds to deserving bad guys.

Who is Steve Austin? :p

Pete
10-19-2010, 05:05
Believe me, I know.

echoes
10-19-2010, 13:34
Would never normally post here, but I just had to say....damn that was funny, TR!

Real quick, before they see this...run.....'cause we are not supposed to post here...550. The sticky's say this. (Though I agree, TR's post Rocks!)

Hollyt :lifter

ZonieDiver
10-19-2010, 13:37
"There are a bunch of Steve Austin look-a-likes out there doing heroic deeds to deserving bad guys.

Who is Steve Austin? :p

Good question... because there ARE at least two! :D

JJ_BPK
10-19-2010, 13:55
Good question... because there ARE at least two! :D

I meant the Steve Austin bio-mechanically re-built Six Million Dollar Man,, not on steroids..

ZonieDiver
10-19-2010, 13:57
I knew that JJ, but was afraid some of the younger ones didn't! :D

By the way, here are 7 "Special Forces physiques" - 1971 vintage...

Edit: To answer Big T's question - I am the one in the tee shirt, kneeling.
11B/C course - just after New Year's, '71. We called ourselves "The Magnificent Seven"!
(Yes, we were full of it!) But the only guy with a "big" physique was J. Gehres, with his head above and on the left side of mine.
I feared I'd be the "smallest" guy in SF training, and it wasn't so...

greenberetTFS
10-19-2010, 14:07

By the way, here are 7 "Special Forces physiques" - 1970 vintage...

Geez Zonie where we ever that "young looking"?...............;) By the way which one is you?.............:eek:

Big Teddy :munchin

Backwoods
10-19-2010, 16:15
I meant the Steve Austin bio-mechanically re-built Six Million Dollar Man,, not on steroids..

I got an email from a former TM SGT who shall remain nameless (Mr. Furious) who asked if I was kidding about not knowing Steve Austin (pilot/bio-guy type not wrestler).....Eddy me kid around.....never.:D

JJ_BPK
10-19-2010, 17:05
I got an email from a former TM SGT who shall remain nameless (Mr. Furious) who asked if I was kidding about not knowing Steve Austin (pilot/bio-guy type not wrestler).....Eddy me kid around.....never.:D

U's guys need a beer..

Or several..

Put the next round on my tab...

Blitzzz (RIP)
10-19-2010, 18:19

By the way, here are 7 "Special Forces physiques" - 1971 vintage...

Edit: To answer Big T's question - I am the one in the tee shirt, kneeling.
11B/C course - just after New Year's, '71. We called ourselves "The Magnificent Seven"!
(Yes, we were full of it!) But the only guy with a "big" physique was J. Gehres, with his head above and on the left side of mine.
I feared I'd be the "smallest" guy in SF training, and it wasn't so...

That's pretty much the way I remember it too, and most never had any "pre" SFAS training or mentoring. Just "the guts", "the will", and "the want".

Richard
10-19-2010, 18:51
That's pretty much the way I remember it too, and most never had any "pre" SFAS training or mentoring. Just "the guts", "the will", and "the want".

Exactly. In my experience, judging a man's toughness solely by his size will make a fool of you 9 times out of 10.

Richard :munchin

Snaquebite
10-19-2010, 20:46
I was probably 145-150 lbs...at 5'10".....Physique had nothing to do with it...Mindset and determination was the key.

greenberetTFS
10-20-2010, 13:16
Well to all you guys that weren't 6' 1", 240 lb.,(31"waist)and especially being from Chicago,should consider yourselves lucky because if you were,you would have been f**ked with by the cadre every time they felt like screwing around with the "big guy"time..... :mad: Enough said!........:mad: So much for having a Special Forces physique...........:mad:

mark46th
10-26-2010, 18:02
Great Photo. The bulging biceps are scary....

TFS- You are right. I was one of the tall ones(6'4"). The only thing my size was good for was to be assigned to carry the A-6.

ZonieDiver
10-26-2010, 18:15
Great Photo. The bulging biceps are scary....

TFS- You are right. I was one of the tall ones(6'4"). The only thing my size was good for was to be assigned to carry the A-6.

I still got to carry the A-6, I guess because of the bulging biceps! I was "wiry"! :D

lyonsd
11-26-2010, 20:06
[COLOR="Magenta"]Who is Steve Austin? :p

http://kinkycyborg.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/six-million-dollar-man-picture.jpg

lyonsd
11-26-2010, 20:10
I see some others have beat me to it. :mad:

CSB
11-26-2010, 20:58
Yeah, studliness developed over time. Here's your average unremarkable SFOD-A in 1976.

"Mean-mugging" the camera optional:p

Pete
11-26-2010, 21:16
Couldn't be too bulgy otherwise you'd take a header coming back when doing the inverted crawl.

wet dog
11-26-2010, 21:17
Yeah, studliness developed over time. Here's your average unremarkable SFOD-A in 1976.

"Mean-mugging" the camera optional:p

The irony, the XO (1LT), has the newest duds. The guy in ODs is hiding out in back.

Kinda like the USMC style of rolling up the sleeves, army should have kept it also. Always wished I was old enough to have had my SGT stipes on my arm rather then my collar.

wet dog
11-26-2010, 21:30
Well to all you guys that weren't 6' 1", 240 lb.,(31"waist)and especially being from Chicago,should consider yourselves lucky because if you were,you would have been f**ked with by the cadre every time they felt like screwing around with the "big guy"time..... :mad: Enough said!........:mad: So much for having a Special Forces physique...........:mad:

Hey brother, 6'0", 190-200lbs, (depending on what was in the DFAC).

Got smoked many times by our good man, CSM Perry Davis, who at best was 5'6" 150 lbs., with rucksack, (Sorry CSM, couldn't help it, I'll go do T-bones, well done if I remember).

Second small guy I knew was "Light", 10th Grp, Germany, 1982.

CSB
11-26-2010, 21:47
Yes, that was when the very first cammy BDU's were issued, the ones that shrank like a M-F when you first washed them. Also hot as hell on a North Carolina summer since the chemicals in them absorbed IR as well as visible light.

SFC "OG's" Magdaleno later made CSM.

We didn't worry about a "physique" or any kind of "tables" or "BMI" or "percentages." If the Captain said run five miles, we ran five miles. If the Captain said run ten miles we ran ten miles. If he said "rough terrain jump with LBE/CWIE/ruck" we rigged it up and out we went, even if we had never made a rough terrrain jump before.

I think if he said "we want to see if we can jump a 75mm pack howitzer" some of us would have immediately started thinking: "Now, if I take two H-harnesses and put them end-to-end, and use two lowering lines ...".

If anybody then had said "branch chain amino acids with some complex carbs" we would have wondered what college course he was taking (or what drugs he was taking, dude).

=====

Special Forces uses the simple formula:

(Muscle Size and Strength + Stamina) X (Mental Attitude),

where

Mental Atttitude can be greater than one (a multiplier) or
less than one (a divisor).

Green Light
11-26-2010, 21:58
Special Forces uses the simple formula:

(Muscle Size and Strength + Stamina) X (Mental Attitude),

where

Mental Atttitude can be greater than one (a multiplier) or
less than one (a divisor).

That is outstanding!

ZonieDiver
11-26-2010, 22:41
Great posts! I hope it is not lost on our young brethern as a bunch of old farts 'remembering when,' but seen as a motivator to (as my favorite line from 'Hamburger Hill' says), 'Ruck up!'