PDA

View Full Version : Octoberfest — SFA Chapter 16

Trip_Wire (RIP)
10-10-2010, 13:50
SFA Chapter XVI (16) celebrated Octoberfest after the business meeting at our team house in Covington, WA.

We had lots of German beer drinking music, Redhook 'Octoberfest' beer on tap as well as Mashed Potatoes, Sour Kraut and Bratwurst. I'll post a few pictures of the members having a great time! :lifter

lksteve
10-10-2010, 21:08
Lite Beer? At Oktoberfest? Perish the thought!!!

theis223
10-10-2010, 21:32
What kind of see-gars are you enjoying with your libations in those pics Trip Wire?
I picked up a few Gurkah Shaggys and Diamond Crown Maximus today to celebrate my brothers 19th BD today for him. I always have to ask what other people's selections are for a great cigars.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
10-11-2010, 01:48
Lite Beer? At Oktoberfest? Perish the thought!!!

The beer wasn't a lite beer! Contrary to what was on one of the mugs. :p

greenberetTFS
10-11-2010, 08:02
Terrific pics TW,wish we had a place in Mississippi to celebrate .......;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Trip_Wire (RIP)
10-11-2010, 16:03
What kind of see-gars are you enjoying with your libations in those pics Trip Wire?
I picked up a few Gurkah Shaggys and Diamond Crown Maximus today to celebrate my brothers 19th BD today for him. I always have to ask what other people's selections are for a great cigars.

I didn't smoke one; however, x-sf Medic (Paul) did perhaps he can answer your question.

Gypsy
10-11-2010, 16:36
I didn't smoke one; however, x-sf Medic (Paul) did perhaps he can answer your question.

What?! I'm telling.

Great pics, thanks for sharing them Trip_Wire.

mojaveman
10-11-2010, 17:47
Ok, what brand of beer is that in the kingsize brown bottle with the flip top cap?

Would sure like to do Munich again sometime. :D

Trip_Wire (RIP)
10-12-2010, 13:36
Ok, what brand of beer is that in the kingsize brown bottle with the flip top cap?

Would sure like to do Munich again sometime. :D

That bottle was from a QP's homemade stock, I tried a sip and didn't care for it but many others there did and finished it off! I stayed with the Red Hook Octoberfest as I liked it! :)

The bottle sort of reminded me of an old Saki bottle.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
10-12-2010, 13:50
Terrific pics TW,wish we had a place in Mississippi to celebrate .......;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Yes, we're very lucky to have such a great 'Team House.' It is owned by a retired Alaska airlines Captain. He is a former QP Sgt. He had a 'colorful' career with some other Government agency flying here and there running 'guns.' (CPT. Ron.)

He lives on a small rural private airfield, where most people keep a private aircraft in their 'Garage.' He converted his large 'hanger/garage to our team house.

He has hunted all over the world and has many record trophies hanging all over the place. Many from Africa.

After every business meeting we always have open bar (beer, soft drinks and coffee) as well as pot luck food. (A small charge of $5.00 for a single and $7.00 per couple is asked for.) QP's are encouraged to bring their wives or SO's.

Actually, the wives bring the food help set up the food service and do most of the actual work. :D