PDA

View Full Version : Impromptu AR Armorer Class/Course

Iraqgunz
10-09-2010, 01:08
I see we have more than a few members here who are in Arizona, especially around the Phoenix area. If anyone has an interest in getting together to do an impromptu amorer class on the AR let me know.

I try to do this whenever I am home and when I can actually get enough guys together. I have enough tools, gages, etc... that I can provide as well as some visual aids. If this sounds like a go send me a PM and let's see what we can do.

Iraqgunz
10-12-2010, 17:26
This offer isn't limited to PS.com members alone. If you are part of a department or agency I will do the same for co-workers. All we will really need is a location to conduct the training.

cszakolczai
10-12-2010, 19:44
This offer isn't limited to PS.com members alone. If you are part of a department or agency I will do the same for co-workers. All we will really need is a location to conduct the training.

Only if you lived anywhere near NJ... I would have you headspace my AR I just built. I'm about to buy the gauges myself even though it would be easier to bring it to someone. The turn around time anywhere in NJ is like 2-3 weeks which is just ridiculous.

Iraqgunz
10-13-2010, 00:24
Here is my suggestion. Go to billricca.com. He has original Mil issue FIELD headspace gages. That's all I use when I build AR's. I think it's around 30.00 and I believe he is in PA.

Checking the headspace is easy. With a clean weapon, insert the gage into the chamber and then ease the bolt carrier into place and attempt to close using light finger pressure. If the headspace is correct it should not close. That's all there is to it.

Only if you lived anywhere near NJ... I would have you headspace my AR I just built. I'm about to buy the gauges myself even though it would be easier to bring it to someone. The turn around time anywhere in NJ is like 2-3 weeks which is just ridiculous.

cszakolczai
10-13-2010, 21:16
Here is my suggestion. Go to billricca.com. He has original Mil issue FIELD headspace gages. That's all I use when I build AR's. I think it's around 30.00 and I believe he is in PA.

Checking the headspace is easy. With a clean weapon, insert the gage into the chamber and then ease the bolt carrier into place and attempt to close using light finger pressure. If the headspace is correct it should not close. That's all there is to it.

huh... good stuff, thanks, will place my order right now.

thank you sir!