PDA

View Full Version : A Movie - Bourne Supremacy

NousDefionsDoc
08-15-2004, 19:21
Anybody seen it yet? How is it?

Roguish Lawyer
08-15-2004, 19:53
I hated the first one, but that was because I read the book.

Jimbo
08-15-2004, 19:55
I went to see it because several people said it had a better car chase scene than Ronin. I did not find that to be the case.

Solid
08-15-2004, 20:14
I read the Bourne Identity. Do not treat this series of movies as adaptations of the book, but as alternative versions of the story. By doing this, the movies in my opinion become thoroughly enjoyable.
The carchase scene was not as good as Ronin's, but up there. It was an interesting take. I think the way Bourne is portrayed is perfect- he really doesn't like killing, but when he does it's merciless. That's just my interpretation of the character from the book, though.

Solid

Footmobile
08-15-2004, 20:20
I saw it. I thought it was much better made than the first one.

Got to read the books, as I hear that they are very good.

NousDefionsDoc
08-15-2004, 20:23
Its a true story you know. All about Jimbo Bourne.:munchin

Adam White
08-15-2004, 20:23
I was dragged to the movie by friends and fully expected to not like it - I hated the first movie.

I was pleasantly surprised.

If you see it in the theaters, be warned that the camera will give you motion sickness in some of the chase scenes - it kind of makes it hard for me to evaluate them against Ronin, or even Bullitt. I'll have to see it on a smaller screen to actually take it all in.

I think the fight scenes were also much better done than in the first - but the camera got annoying there as well.

I read the books several years ago - they have their own share of flaws, so I never tried to compare them. This one was a good action movie that stands out in its own right and did a good job in integrating modern technologies to the concept - though it sometimes seemed a bit far-fetched (but never to the James Bond extreme).

Quite possibly the best action flick I've seen in the theaters all year - but then again, I've seen some doozies.

Roguish Lawyer
08-15-2004, 20:26
Funny, but I saw Ronin, recall that I liked it, but don't remember the chase scene.

Roguish Lawyer
08-15-2004, 20:27
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Its a true story you know. All about Jimbo Bourne.:munchin

I don't know enough to understand, but you are still killing me! LMAO

Jimbo
08-15-2004, 20:36
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Funny, but I saw Ronin, recall that I liked it, but don't remember the chase scene.

Car chases make up fully half that movie.

Jimbo Bourne Sounds like some kind of homo.

NousDefionsDoc
08-15-2004, 20:38
Just seeing if you're awake.

The Reaper
08-15-2004, 21:13
I saw "Bourne Supremacy", his tradecraft was weak, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

"Collateral" is not bad, but I got strange looks for laughing at what I suppose some deemed as inappropriate moments. Poor TTP by the actors there as well.

IMHO, "I Robot" was better than either of the above.

TR

DanUCSB
08-15-2004, 22:21
I have a bit different of an opinion. Maybe it's because I saw the first movie before I read the book, but... I really liked the first film, but the book seemed... formulaic and predictable. Got bored and put it down about 100 pages into it. I liked the film because, like other favorites Heat and Ronin, it was a smart man's action film. The second (Supremacy) was good, but I didn't like it as much. Nice feel, but not as good as the first. Alot of it felt like it was just a filler film to get to the end of the trilogy. Worth seeing, but not as good as the first. And it doesn't help that the first had Franka Potente, while the second did not. :(

Air.177
08-16-2004, 09:53
Originally posted by The Reaper
I saw "Bourne Supremacy", his tradecraft was weak, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

"Collateral" is not bad, but I got strange looks for laughing at what I suppose some deemed as inappropriate moments. Poor TTP by the actors there as well.

IMHO, "I Robot" was better than either of the above.

TR

"I Robot" was REALLY good. The Manchurian Candidate was also a good Movie. Just watched the original 1962 Sinatra version last night, funny how they play on the fears of society at the time; Original:Communist/Soviet bad guys; New version:Global Corporate Bad guys. Both were enjoyable

NousDefionsDoc
08-16-2004, 11:29
Originally posted by DanUCSB
And it doesn't help that the first had Franka Potente, while the second did not. :(
Internet says she was in it. Pic looks like she dyed her her blonde.

DunbarFC
08-16-2004, 11:53
She's in it

Just not as much............

Footmobile
08-16-2004, 12:44
She got whacked in the first 15 minutes of the movie by a Sniper:D :lifter

DanUCSB
08-16-2004, 13:37
Wow. I didn't even recognize her. She looks a -lot- better with red hair and more meat on her than she does as the twiggy blonde look she has in the second film.

NousDefionsDoc
08-16-2004, 13:40
Originally posted by Footmobile
She got whacked in the first 15 minutes of the movie by a Sniper:D :lifter

Oh sure, tell the story.

Solid
08-16-2004, 13:57
Nice work Footmobile- One Shot, One Dead Plot Twist.

:D

Solid

Footmobile
08-16-2004, 14:25
:boohoo :D

The Reaper
08-16-2004, 14:25
Not significant to the plot.

Lots of people die, yada, yada....

TR