PDA

View Full Version : Emanuel gets Carp in his newspaper...

JJ_BPK
10-01-2010, 08:55
When my Uncle Luie would send me down to the fish house to get a Carp for a present,, I know it was not a present... :cool:

I guess times change??? But then again,, maybe not... :eek:

:D:munchin

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/10/a-teary-emanuel-gets-dead-fish-at-white-house-send-off.html#tp

A Teary Emanuel Gets Dead Fish At White House Send-off

October 01, 2010 9:55 AM

At the 8:30 staff meeting in the Roosevelt Room this morning, departing chief of staff Rahm Emanuel was given a gift by Council of Economic Advisers chair Austan Goolsbee: a dead Asian carp.

Gypsy
10-01-2010, 16:56
It's said he's been known to have sent a few.

I'm curious to see how he'll circumvent the rules about running for mayor, you have to be a resident for a year. He hasn't lived in Chicago for over a year. His house is rented out, he can't claim he still has residency. Matter of fact they renewed the lease just a couple of days before Daley announced he would not run again.

drymartini66
10-01-2010, 17:41
When my Uncle Luie would send me down to the fish house to get a Carp for a present,, I know it was not a present... :cool:

I guess times change??? But then again,, maybe not... :eek:

:D:munchin

Yep, knowing what the swims with fishes means, I certainly wouldn't want it. Apt picture on your post.

drymartini66
10-01-2010, 17:42

I'm curious to see how he'll circumvent the rules about running for mayor, you have to be a resident for a year. He hasn't lived in Chicago for over a year. His house is rented out, he can't claim he still has residency. Matter of fact they renewed the lease just a couple of days before Daley announced he would not run again.

I guess in Chicago politics, anything is possible.:munchin

The Reaper
10-01-2010, 17:45
Hey, it is Chicago.

If the dead can rise from their graves to vote, anything can happen.

TR

drymartini66
10-01-2010, 17:49
Hey, it is Chicago.

TR

And don't forget the other voting rule, vote early, vote often.:D

TOMAHAWK9521
10-04-2010, 10:25

Geez! What's the big deal? HIllary ran for a senate seat in New York before she was a resident, didn't she? :D

longrange1947
10-04-2010, 10:44
It is not just Chicago, they let Lautenberg run in New Jersy, even though he filed several days late so they couidl save the seat, I see no problem with letting this slide as well. What ever is good for the Dims, then the means to get there is irrelevant. :munchin

Red Flag 1
10-04-2010, 10:58
Hey, it is Chicago.

TR
Yup! These guys write their own rules on just about anything, or so it seems.

As for the dead fish, kind of reminds be of the recipiant in so many ways......

RF 1